ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best player in the NBA?

pound for pound it's Trae Young.

They really need to start using pound for pound for a lot more than just boxing.

Yea hard to compare bigs and guards.

ill go with whats already been said luca and embiid.

granted we are all prisoners of the moment, before this series luka might not have been in my top 5 fr

I didnt think much about D.

Is embiid a defensive liability or factor???

pound for pound it's Trae Young.

They really need to start using pound for pound for a lot more than just boxing.

LOL Trae might give up more points than he scores. Dude gets abused on the defensive side of the ball. Also why I won’t consider Luka best player in the league. He might be the most cold blooded though.

Remember when a lot of folks here said AD was better than Jokic? Two MVPs later…

Reactions: JimboBBN
LOL Trae might give up more points than he scores. Dude gets abused on the defensive side of the ball. Also why I won’t consider Luka best player in the league. He might be the most cold blooded though.
he doesn't give up more than he scores, not even close. But he is horrific on defense. But, he's far from the only player who is horrific on defense, yet for some reason he's the one that people rip on about it all the time.

Ja and Luka are just as bad on defense and get hunted just as much.

Heck, Trae isn't even the worst defender on his team. Bogi is. But being taller he gets away with it more than Trae.

he doesn't give up more than he scores, not even close. But he is horrific on defense. But, he's far from the only player who is horrific on defense, yet for some reason he's the one that people rip on about it all the time.

Heck, Trae isn't even the worst defender on his team. Bogi is. But being taller he gets away with it more than Trae.
Surprising to me bc he was pretty solid on D here, but Donovan Mitchell is pretty terrible at nba defense as well.

I get trae gets licked on bc hes so small, but youd thing uber athletic dudes like morant and mitchell would excel at defense, but not so much. Granted they are still young.

On a side note, how long until Tatum starts creeping into peoples top 5? There are alot of old superstars in the league, but there are just as many young guns ready to take their place imo.

Remember when a lot of folks here said AD was better than Jokic? Two MVPs later…
I do remember that, and context is important. AD had just won a title while averaging 25, 10, 3, and 2 while shooting almost 60 percent from the field. Jokic still hasn't sniffed a title.

But obviously if we are talking 2022, most would and should take Jokic.

I don't really follow the league, but from what little I've seen, Giannis seemed the most dominant.

Which is why I don't include Ja or Luka as best player in the NBA. Just like I'll never include Trae.

Is jokic known for playing good d? Im not being sarcastic i generally have no clue. He doesnt look like a defensive stopper but hell he doesnt even look like much of a basketball player so cant judge that lol

i thought the only ppl who played d in the nba were pat bev, smart, pj tucker, bam and godert

Last edited:
I do remember that, and context is important. AD had just won a title while averaging 25, 10, 3, and 2 while shooting almost 60 percent from the field. Jokic still hasn't sniffed a title.

But obviously if we are talking 2022, most would and should take Jokic.

AD was on a title team. He wasn’t the main reason they won it. Big difference. When he was the star of a team, his teams missed the playoffs like 5 out of 7 years.

Plus, the convo was about picking one of them to have on the team moving forward. And with a guy as injury prone as AD2D, he’s never the answer for building a team around.

Surprising to me bc he was pretty solid on D here, but Donovan Mitchell is pretty terrible at nba defense as well.

I get trae gets licked on bc hes so small, but youd thing uber athletic dudes like morant and mitchell would excel at defense, but not so much. Granted they are still young.

On a side note, how long until Tatum starts creeping into peoples top 5? There are alot of old superstars in the league, but there are just as many young guns ready to take their place imo.

I think Tatum already has an argument for the 4th or 5th best player in the league.

AD was on a title team. He wasn’t the main reason they won it. Big difference. When he was the star of a team, his teams missed the playoffs like 5 out of 7 years.

Plus, the convo was about picking one of them to have on the team moving forward. And with a guy as injury prone as AD2D, he’s never the answer for building a team around.
lol, you do realize that the Lakers missed the playoffs the previous year without AD right? LeBron isn't winning that title without him. You either didn't watch the games or haven't looked at Davis' numbers from the finals. Even playoffs.

Jokic has done so well since that conversations he's won 5 playoff games total!

Reactions: RipThru
lol, you do realize that the Lakers missed the playoffs the previous year without AD right? LeBron isn't winning that title without him. You either didn't watch the games or haven't looked at Davis' numbers from the finals. Even playoffs.

Jokic has done so well since that conversations he's won 5 playoff games total!

Yes, when Lebron was healthy the Lakers won the title.

Anthony Davis simply isn’t a reliable player. He’s hurt too frequently. He is a good robin, but can never be a Batman in the NBA. He’s already proven that. He had Jrue Holiday, Demarcus Cousins, and Jordan Crawford and they won 34 games.

We really not gonna include KD? At least not in the best American?

Nah. Tatum played nearly as many games this season as Durant played in the last two seasons combined. You can’t be the best player if you’re not consistently available to play. Period.

On top of that, his style of ball just doesn’t elevate those around him. What has he done in the NBA without Steph Curry? Score a lot of points, sure. But he’s had one Finals appearance without Curry and they got smashed. And that was pre-injury when he was actually on the court the majority of the time.

Tatum is just a better two-way player right now. Meanwhile, Steph might have lost a step, but he still has such a gravitational pull that it allows his teammates to be their best selves—and unlike KD, Steph actually playmakes for them and sets them up.

And then you’ve got the locker room factor. Steph is a culture builder and leader. KD is…well he’s not.

Reactions: jhmossy
Yes, when Lebron was healthy the Lakers won the title.

Anthony Davis simply isn’t a reliable player. He’s hurt too frequently. He is a good robin, but can never be a Batman in the NBA. He’s already proven that. He had Jrue Holiday, Demarcus Cousins, and Jordan Crawford and they won 34 games.
Do bubble championships count? Would LeBron held without the layoff? No and No

Giannis
Luka
Lebron
KD
Steph
Embiid (when healthy)

As much as I was hyping Luka before he was drafted (seriously, was pounding the table for him to go 1), he’s got to start figuring out something on D.

It’s one thing to be average on D like Steph. Steph has such gravitational pull and floor spacing on offense that even with average D he’s still a +500 kind of guy on seasonal plus/minus.

But Luka’s D is just awful. He can’t keep anyone in front of him and he also doesn’t seem to care about doing the little things to offset it. That’s why despite being ridiculous on offense, he’s only a +200 kind of guy on season-long plus/minus. So it’s hard to think of him as a top 2 or 3 guy when he’s that bad on one side of the court.

He’s still young, but if he’s not careful he’s gonna force me to start calling him Luka Oncic.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT