ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best college basketball team in Michigan?

?

• Total voters
Both fully healthy, MSU imo.
Probably....Ahrens and Langford are big parts. But then again, I mean Michigan is really good. Look forward to their game.

Hope to catch them looking ahead to their Feb 24th game with UM, this Saturday...Laughing

Reactions: northeastspartan
Michigan has a better starting 5, but MSU has more depth. I think MSU will win the big but Michigan will go further in the tournament....not sure I answered the question at all lol

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Michigan can really struggle to score sometimes. Simpson, Matthews shoot 30 percent from 3. MSU.

Both are fantastic teams, and ones I really enjoy watching. But both fully healthy I'd have to give a slight edge to MSU. Doesn't necessarily mean they will go further in the tournament because it's a crap shoot.

I think MSU is the better team by a hair right now. I’d bet on MSU winning regular season title at this point. Lately Beilein’s teams have really taken off in February and March, and I do think this team still has considerable upside, with the elite defense setting a very high floor

Michigan

Everyone going to find out just like they did last year when the same shit was being said. Cassius Winston is still having nightmares about last year. Stop them in transition just like Michigan stopped UNC and their half court offense is atrocious

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Michigan

Everyone going to find out just like they did last year when the same shit was being said. Cassius Winston is still having nightmares about last year. Stop them in transition just like Michigan stopped UNC and their half court offense is atrocious

I guess. I’m not sure what’s atrocious about our half court offense or how anyone from either fan base can be that sure of themselves.

The Big Ten is pretty weak this year, IMO.

Last edited:
I guess. I’m not sure what’s atrocious about our half court offense. I’m not sure how anyone from either fan base can be that sure of themselves.

The Big Ten is pretty weak this year, IMO.

I went over the top with atrocious. I blame the Michigan in me

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Michigan

Our half court offense is much improved from last year IMO. I do feel, though, that we match up poorly with UM.

Zavier Simpson did outplay Cash last year but Cassius is much more versatile this year. Last year he was more of a spot up shooter from 3. This year he is attacking way more and is really shifty at getting to the rim. I am aware that Zacier Simpson also has somehow gotten even better defensively. Should be a fun one.

I expect a split of the two games, but UM has the tougher schedule the rest of the way out.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Michigan

Their tempo is middle of the pack (133rd) while having a top-10 offensive efficiency. So the numbers wouldn't back up that suggestion.

What you need to do is limit their second-chance points. They're really good about getting clean looks from three on tap-backs and offensive rebounds.

Their tempo is middle of the pack (133rd) while having a top-10 offensive efficiency. So the numbers wouldn't back up that suggestion.

What you need to do is limit their second-chance points. They're really good about getting clean looks from three on tap-backs and offensive rebounds.

They have more road games the rest of the way but they got a scheduling break this year. I could see UM winning the Big Ten even if they’re trending down a little. They dot look as good now as they did in November and December. Lots of basketball left to play though.

Michigan

SmokinSmile

Michigan

That's basically what Purdue did to them the 2nd time they played each other.

will-tropics.jpg

My wife tells me the pecking order goes:

Michigan State
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Western Michigan
Michigan

Reactions: northeastspartan
My wife tells me the pecking order goes:

-Detroit university
-Grand Valley State University
-Central Michigan
-Eastern Michigan
-Western Michigan
-Northern Michigan State University
-Lake Superior State University
-Oakland University
-Wayne State University
-Genesee valley state school for the blind and folically challenged
-Michigan State (dude had sex with a dog in the vet lab. Yuck)
-Michigan
FIFY

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT