#7 Duke
Possibly #8 UCLA (in Vegas) or Illinois
@#22 Michigan
@ Miami (receiving votes)
FSU twice (receiving votes)
VT twice (receiving vote)
ND (receiving vote)

Not the hardest schedule in the country but that is a very difficult schedule

I'll take our schedule any day of the week. Glad to see stiff competition on there and less Poop State. IU will be on our schedule soon enough too so that bodes well for future SOS

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I'll take our schedule any day of the week. Glad to see stiff competition on there and less Poop State. IU will be on our schedule soon enough too so that bodes well for future SOS
They still have plenty of Poop State games: Howard, Duquesne, SC State, North Florida, Bellarmine, and Florida A&M. Most of those teams were in the 250-300 range of the NET rankings at the end of last season. There's no reason to play so many bottom feeders, especially not 3 HBCUs. If you want to play 1 HBCU a year and throw Bellarmine a bone since they are also a Kentucky school, fine, but you need to upgrade the rest of those cupcakes to at least respectable (150 or better) mid-majors. You don't gain anything from beating the shit out of the worst teams in the country. Nobody is getting better playing against a bunch of scrubs and you're missing out on potential opportunities to play legitimate teams that will help to boost your resume. I realize all teams play cupcakes, but Cal seems to schedule the worst of the worst pretty frequently. Schedule a few more quad 2 and 3 games instead of loading up on Quad 4 trash.

They still have plenty of Poop State games: Howard, Duquesne, SC State, North Florida, Bellarmine, and Florida A&M. Most of those teams were in the 250-300 range of the NET rankings at the end of last season. There's no reason to play so many bottom feeders, especially not 3 HBCUs. If you want to play 1 HBCU a year and throw Bellarmine a bone since they are also a Kentucky school, fine, but you need to upgrade the rest of those cupcakes to at least respectable (150 or better) mid-majors. You don't gain anything from beating the shit out of the worst teams in the country. Nobody is getting better playing against a bunch of scrubs and you're missing out on potential opportunities to play legitimate teams that will help to boost your resume instead of loading up on Quad 4 trash. I realize all teams play cupcakes, but Cal seems to schedule the worst of the worst pretty frequently.
Out of that group, Bellarmine is probably the best team...

Yikes.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Out of that group, Bellarmine is probably the best team...

Yikes.
They are. Sub 200 NET last year. None of the rest were close to that. Being ahead of ~160 other schools is actually pretty damn impressive for Bellarmine, considering last season was only their 2nd season in D1.

They are. Sub 200 NET last year. None of the rest were close to that. Being ahead of ~160 other schools is actually pretty damn impressive for Bellarmine, considering last season was only their 2nd season in D1.
Bellarmine is a very good, solid program.. They won the ASUN Conference tourney last year....21-8 in their 2 seasons in the ASUN...I have very little doubt in time, Scotty will have Bellarmine in the NCAAT.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Cal will continue scheduling a bunch of hbcu's every year. It's something he committed to doing for some reason. Probably thinks it helps with recruiting or his way of paying reparations.

Either way, with Gonzaga and Indiana being added every year it will be an all or nothing type game. Either terrible opponent or must see games.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They still have plenty of Poop State games: Howard, Duquesne, SC State, North Florida, Bellarmine, and Florida A&M. Most of those teams were in the 250-300 range of the NET rankings at the end of last season. There's no reason to play so many bottom feeders, especially not 3 HBCUs. If you want to play 1 HBCU a year and throw Bellarmine a bone since they are also a Kentucky school, fine, but you need to upgrade the rest of those cupcakes to at least respectable (150 or better) mid-majors. You don't gain anything from beating the shit out of the worst teams in the country. Nobody is getting better playing against a bunch of scrubs and you're missing out on potential opportunities to play legitimate teams that will help to boost your resume. I realize all teams play cupcakes, but Cal seems to schedule the worst of the worst pretty frequently. Schedule a few more quad 2 and 3 games instead of loading up on Quad 4 trash.
I agree. The Florida A&Ms of the schedule need to go. I don't mind helping out Bellarmine.

Stopping at “UK Undefeated Champs 202_!” We have a few years to validate it but we can’t f’ around.
images

Cal will continue scheduling a bunch of hbcu's every year. It's something he committed to doing for some reason. Probably thinks it helps with recruiting or his way of paying reparations.

Either way, with Gonzaga and Indiana being added every year it will be an all or nothing type game. Either terrible opponent or must see games.
Well maybe for Indiana. But I think GU has proven over the last 20+ years that at the very least they will be a pretty solid team.

Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
Well maybe for Indiana. But I think GU has proven over the last 20+ years that at the very least they will be a pretty solid team.

I meant the games will either be one people will want to watch(Kansas, Duke, Michigan, Gonzaga, Indiana) or one nobody cares about( the poop states people talked about).

Even if Indiana continues to suck people will still watch the game.

Texas:
Gonzaga
Creighton
Tennessee
Illinois

Then
Baylor x2
Kansas x2
TCU x2
Texas Tech x2

Then the conference tourney might play 2 more.

About a third of our games vs ranked teams.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I agree. The Florida A&Ms of the schedule need to go. I don't mind helping out Bellarmine.

A lot of the poop state games we schedule have some kind of connection to Cal. Him and the AD, or an assistant or the head coach worked with each other 20 years ago or some bullshit.

Reactions: winin11
A lot of the poop state games we schedule have some kind of connection to Cal. Him and the AD, or an assistant or the head coach worked with each other 20 years ago or some bullshit.
Yep and he needs to cut the crap

Then I guess it's a good thing UK upgraded the other 3 starters they lost.

Wallace > Washington
Reeves/Livingston > Grady
Toppin > Brooks

Livingston, Collins, Fredrick, and Ware first 4 off the bench, imo.

Then I guess it's a good thing UK upgraded the other 3 starters they lost.

Wallace > Washington
Reeves/Livingston > Grady
Toppin > Brooks

Livingston, Collins, Fredrick, and Ware first 4 off the bench, imo.
Are the three mentioned portal or freshmen?

ADVERTISEMENT