ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think will be your breakout star this year?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I think Ashton Hagans is gonna run shit. The guy alread dominates defensive end....ask Coby White. I'm reading he's been putting up shots constantly. If he misses another layup, I'm going to smash my keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Cassius Stanley hasn't got as much press as the other 3 incoming recruits. He has a very high ceiling, IMO. Uber athletic. If he can have respectable shooting averages, I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 13+ points a game.

From a national perspective, here are some guys that I could see doubling their scoring average from a season ago:

Braxton Key, Virginia
Kyler Edwards, Texas Tech
Trevion Williams, Purdue
Leaky Black, UNC
Filip Petrusev, Gonzaga
Dejon Jarreau, Houston
EJ Montgomery, Kentucky
Aaron Henry, Michigan State
Will Richardson, Oregon
Emmitt Williams, LSU
Courtney Ramey, Texas
Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State
Samir Doughty, Auburn
Nate Reuvers, Wisconsin
Tevin Mack, Clemson

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think Nick Richards will surprise us all and be a solid rim protector/finisher at the rim. I like that both of our big guys are long and athletic, they should be pretty good defensively

For Auburn:

Isaac Okoro or one of our returning big 3 who are finally all healthy and playing at the same time in 4 years in Danjel Purifoy, Austin Wiley, or Anfernee Mclemore..

De Sousa will have the most improved stats.

McCormack and Agbaji will show huge improvement.

McBride will surprise and be the top freshman.

Last edited:
Teske will get credit for being one of the best all around bigs in the country.

Franz Wagner will step in as an impact freshman.

Livers will becomes our leading scorer.

Just a quick follow-up on Cassius Stanley. Dude can jump. Recently broke Zion's vertical jump record. Doesn't say how high he got, but Zion was at 45 inches last year.

I think Nick Richards will surprise us all and be a solid rim protector/finisher at the rim. I like that both of our big guys are long and athletic, they should be pretty good defensively
I hope you are right, I'm just not sure Richards has the instincts to compliment his athletic ability.

Aaron Henry for MSU.
I don’t think his stats will improve that drastically because of the team we have, so he may not receive the “breakout star” title. I think next year when Cassius and Langford are gone he will put up big numbers.

I don’t think his stats will improve that drastically because of the team we have, so he may not receive the “breakout star” title. I think next year when Cassius and Langford are gone he will put up big numbers.
There is a good chance Henry isn't going to be back next year

Reactions: SpartanRock
Cassius Stanley hasn't got as much press as the other 3 incoming recruits. He has a very high ceiling, IMO. Uber athletic. If he can have respectable shooting averages, I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 13+ points a game.

From a national perspective, here are some guys that I could see doubling their scoring average from a season ago:

Braxton Key, Virginia
Kyler Edwards, Texas Tech
Trevion Williams, Purdue
Leaky Black, UNC
Filip Petrusev, Gonzaga
Dejon Jarreau, Houston
EJ Montgomery, Kentucky
Aaron Henry, Michigan State
Will Richardson, Oregon
Emmitt Williams, LSU
Courtney Ramey, Texas
Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State
Samir Doughty, Auburn
Nate Reuvers, Wisconsin
Tevin Mack, Clemson

I would put Liddell over Ramey for Texas.
Ramey is going to be a great player but in terms of beyond the numbers it is Gerald Liddell.

He is a NBA talent. 6-8 with over a 7 foot wingspan who can guard the perimeter and protect the rim.
He is a potential scorer because of his athleticism and the development of his shot.

Reactions: dukedevilz
It will be fun to watch. If his handle and shot take a jump from last year, he is an explosive athlete. Cash will direct the offense to maximize what is on the court. If that means getting the ball to Henry in great positions to score, we may see some nice stats.

Reactions: MGC_07
Hopeful it's Justin Smith. Kid just oozes potential. I think it will Devonte Green. And I'll be fine with that. A "newcomer", who's probably IU's best player Jerome Hunter. If he's healthy, he'll make a huge impact.

It will be fun to watch. If his handle and shot take a jump from last year, he is an explosive athlete. Cash will direct the offense to maximize what is on the court. If that means getting the ball to Henry in great positions to score, we may see some nice stats.
Agreed. Probably our most explosive athlete. I believe for sure he will improve, but offensively, he is probably the 3rd or 4th option. That could change, but I don’t think he becomes our second option this year.

I can see about 10/6/3 for him this year on really good defense.

Reactions: kdavid45
Jordan Nwora, Samuell Williamson, and Jaylen Withers (flying way under radar, from what I’ve heard..homie can play solid defense and his offense is real nice, def a sleeper in our class) 6’9-6’10 SF who hustles his ass off. This year is gonna be special. Also looking forward to Perry’s progression. The athleticism is there, just gotta be the facilitator that we know he can be.

Incoming freshman Terrance Shannon has apparently been a big surprise ..

Morretti, Edwards, Clarke, Ramsey and Holyfield are expected to be our starters, but Shannon and Nadolney are going to push for some major minutes.

Reactions: WestTexasRaider
Nunge for Iowa he avg'd 5.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg and had 25 blocks as a FR
as a RSSO he has stopped growing @7'0 245 lbs after coming in at 6'9 2015 lbs, could see him avg 13, 6 and 1.5. he did shoot 44.3% from the field 75.5% from the FTL and 33.3% from 3, not bad for a big. could be better after a RS year to get bigger.

he will be the one rebounding, protecting the rim with range to 3. with Cook off to the NBA. the rebounding numbers will be there for who wants them the most.

Nick ****ing Richards.

Because he has to.
I know it's too much to ask for Richards to have a WCS soph to junior year transformation,but I do see similarities in their game. I agree though, with our perimeter d, I really would love to see him stay out of foul trouble and protect the rim better. We really just need him for rebounds and blocks although he does a pretty mean hook shot from either hand.

I know it's too much to ask for Richards to have a WCS soph to junior year transformation,but I do see similarities in their game. I agree though, with our perimeter d, I really would love to see him stay out of foul trouble and protect the rim better. We really just need him for rebounds and blocks although he does a pretty mean hook shot from either hand.
Ive said it many times on here. He fumbles the ball and acts so nervous trying to rebound, he looks like a 13 yr old boy trying to unclasp his first bra.

I think Ashton Hagans is gonna run shit. The guy alread dominates defensive end....ask Coby White. I'm reading he's been putting up shots constantly. If he misses another layup, I'm going to smash my keyboard.

Teske, he’s up to 7’2” and is shooting the ball well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT