Virginia
Villanova
Kansas
Xavier

2 Seeds
UNC
Duke
Cincinnati
Tennessee if they win today, Purdue if Kentucky wins.

Reactions: boilerzz
How so? Our two best wins are vs the now #7 ranked team. MSU's are vs the now ranked #10 and 12.
Later in this thread you mention how the committee values the RPI, but I find it funny how you use the AP poll to support your fact of Purdue’s top wins being better than MSU. Using RPI MSU has beaten RPI # 4 and 9 and Purdue has beaten 11 twice. Not saying you are completely wrong with overall resume but don’t just use limited facts that only support your stance.

Reactions: northeastspartan
1 Seeds
Virginia
Villanova
Kansas
Xavier

2 Seeds
UNC
Duke
Cincinnati
Tennessee if they win today, Purdue if Kentucky wins.

Won't the selections be made before that game ends?

Yeah, didn’t even think about that. You are probably right. In the past haven’t they done a couple contingent on a late outcome? Maybe not though.

Last edited:
Who have they beaten? Wins against two projected tourney teams. TWO! Thats why. They havent played close to their potential either. If they got it going, they will have a chance but thats a big iff. Their chemistry is questionable.
Agree with all of it, but the chemistry isn’t questionable. Except for 1 player (Nick Ward) there have been 0 chemistry issues for the rest of the team.

I would just like to point out MSU is the only top 25 team with no losses outside of the top 25. There worst ranked loss is at #17 Ohio State.

Ok, Ive looked at more things with updated reaults. If I were seeding the tournament Id go

Virginia
Villanova
Kansas
UNC

Xavier
Duke
Tennessee
Cinci

Purdue
Michigan
Kentucky
Clemson

Arizona
Wichita State
Michigan State
Houston

Very closely resembles the RPI rankings

Ok, Ive looked at more things with updated reaults. If I were seeding the tournament Id go

Virginia
Villanova
Kansas
UNC

Xavier
Duke
Tennessee
Cinci

Purdue
Michigan
Kentucky
Clemson

Arizona
Wichita State
Michigan State
Houston

Only difference would be Zags over Houston or Clemson.

Reactions: Mgkcbb

Virginia
Villanova
Kansas
UNC

Xavier
Duke
Tennessee
Cinci

Purdue
Michigan
Kentucky
Clemson

Arizona
Wichita State
Michigan State
Houston

The thought of MSU as a 4 seed has me shitting my pants

Reactions: northeastspartan
Wonder how we feel. We went 28-3 in the regular season, and ended 29-4, yet because of the quadrant system, we are a 3 seed.

Yeah I understand your frustration. In 2015, we went 29-3 and ended up as a 2-seed and got to play MSU in the second round.

No.1 Seeds:
Virginia
Villanova
Michigan State
Kansas

No.2 Seeds:
Xavier
Duke
Purdue
Gonzaga

No.3 Seeds:
Cincinnati
Arizona
UNC
Auburn

No.4 Seeds:
Michigan
Tennessee
Texas Tech
West Virginia

Reactions: MGC_07
Yeah I understand your frustration. In 2015, we went 29-3 and ended up as a 2-seed and got to play MSU in the second round.
That MSU team peeled at the end of the season and made the final four. Better than a 7 seed. Virginia got screwed by the committee under rating MSU...... again

That MSU team peeled at the end of the season and made the final four. Better than a 7 seed. Virginia got screwed by the committee under rating MSU...... again

Watch it happen again LOL

Don’t worry, they’ll be in our region. The committee loves to take that underrated team and place them in our region.

Shoutout to Houston for absolutely choking away the Cincinnati game. Threw a pass down 1 with 4 seconds left out of bounds.

There's gonna be some crazy match ups along with some teams we thought they were in get left out, and vice versa.

Looking at the metrics, I think we are pretty well assured of the 1 seeds:
Virginia
Villanova
Xavier
Kansas

IMO Duke was the last remaining 1 seed challenger and they lost last night. Looking at metrics, I see the 2's right now being:

Duke
Cincinnati
UNC
Purdue

The only team I think can challenge for the 2 (and maybe bump Purdue) is Tennessee. Right now, we have better metrics but if they beat Arkansas and Kentucky (for the 3rd time), it will be really close.

Clemson and Auburn blew their opportunities and I think MSU just has too thin of a resume.
Looks like I was right. What do I win?

Later in this thread you mention how the committee values the RPI, but I find it funny how you use the AP poll to support your fact of Purdue’s top wins being better than MSU. Using RPI MSU has beaten RPI # 4 and 9 and Purdue has beaten 11 twice. Not saying you are completely wrong with overall resume but don’t just use limited facts that only support your stance.
I think we can both agree that each method is relatively close enough to say they are pretty equivalent.

ADVERTISEMENT