ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you rooting for outside of your team

Rutgers.

Contrast to other original Big 10 members opinion, I love there addition to the Big 10.
It’s really dumb and annoying when Big Ten fans hate on the Rutgers and Maryland additions. We stopped being a truly Midwestern conference a long time ago, so they’re great additions … large state schools with good academics, three huge media markets added to our footprint, both have massive potential under good leadership, they both provide a chance for Big Ten transplants to see their teams near NYC/DC and they both help boost the rest of our recruiting prospects in two talent-rich states.

Reactions: hawkit3113
No one specifically.

But as SOS helps in tourney seeding, I want every team on our schedule to have a good season.
As a Kansas fan, this has been frustrating this cycle..

Notable NonCon games
- Duke, +/-
- Tennessee, ++
- Missouri, meh
- Indiana, meh
- Seton Hall, meh
- NC State, meh
- Wisky, meeeeeeeeeh
- UK (Jan 28 game), looking rough

Maybe I'm just too pessimistic about Kansas, but .. nobody looks truly great rN

Haha I pick a few bandwagon teams every year. It often depends on the players and style of play.

Some teams I watch regularly because of the coaches .... More often than not, however, I pick a few teams that are simply entertaining to watch.
I so do this.
I love doing this. Lol

Every year or two I've got a new handful of teams (~10, as well as the Big 12 programs) that I root for & try to catch a good number of available games.

I so do this.
I love doing this. Lol

Every year or two I've got a new handful of teams (~10, as well as the Big 12 programs) that I root for & try to catch a good number of available games.

Right!? It's fun picking new teams every year. I'm generally someone who enjoy teams with excellent ball movement and uptempo offenses (like Alabama this year). Doesn't always have to be uptempo, though. The '17 Saint Mary's team was so fun to watch and they had one of the slowest paces in the country. But, they were crazy efficient/effective with their touches. They sliced teams apart with their side-to-side ball movement.

I can also appreciate the ruggedness of a solid defense like '19 Texas Tech, or many of those "Press" Virginia squads, or an Aaron Craft-led Ohio State team.

But yeah, borrow a few schools for a year. And try again next year and see who you like watching.

Reactions: KisteK
Texas Tech fan.

Been a Kansas fan forever as well. Love the Big East teams. Love a ton of smaller schools. Gonzaga always has my respect. I'm just a big CBB fan at heart. But it's certainly more fun when my team is good, too.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT