ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you rooting for outside of your team

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
What teams have you adopted this year if your team bows out early?

My team Kansas

I like

Tennessee
UCLA
Michigan state
Providence

• Love
Reactions: della
My team is Purdue

I like anyone who plays Indiana

I kinda like Kansas. I like the Zags cause they played a killer non conference schedule. I pull for Vandy. Finally, I pull for great games that everyone leaves it all on the court.
Teams I don't like:
Northwestern- annoying rat bastards that only serve to suck the fun out of other people's entertainment, and that goes for all sports

Gonzaga- got a little too cocky and elitist during their recent run of success under Mark Few, and he's played his part in it.

Duke- bad for CBB

Kentucky- bad for CBB

Michigan State- Izzo and all the baggage that comes with him, and their fans love him for it and have continued to this day to defend him even when it is 100% the wrong thing to do

Wisconsin- because f*** Wisconsin, that's why

Illinois- because they don't like Iowa, from their program to their fans. Illinois is the kid at school who hangs with the popular crowd and picks on a random, unsuspecting, innocent kid and makes lots of jokes that aren't really funny, but the type he hangs around with laughs anyways because they want to be in on the joke, and they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves when they're faced with their own shortcomings trying to meet the expectations of the popular crowd they hang out with..........that's Illinois, and their results speak for themselves.

Kansas- the enemy of my enemy is my enemy............much like our rivalry with Nebraska in football, all the things everyone already hates about Kansas basketball aside, including the blatant cheating that they were caught for and even had the NCAA admitting that they were guilty of and did nothing about (true story btw)..................this actually is as simple as "Nobody is allowed to bully my brother except me" ;)

We bully Iowa State. Kansas bullies Iowa State. There can be only one bully, and we're certainly not gonna let some podunk cheating basketball school be the ones to pick on Iowa State.

My team is UNC. I always pull for Tennessee as well though....and Austin Peay but no one really cares about them.

Reactions: della
Teams I don't like:
Northwestern- annoying rat bastards that only serve to suck the fun out of other people's entertainment, and that goes for all sports

Gonzaga- got a little too cocky and elitist during their recent run of success under Mark Few, and he's played his part in it.

Duke- bad for CBB

Kentucky- bad for CBB

Michigan State- Izzo and all the baggage that comes with him, and their fans love him for it and have continued to this day to defend him even when it is 100% the wrong thing to do

Illinois- because they don't like Iowa, from their program to their fans. Illinois is the kid at school who hangs with the popular crowd and picks on a random, unsuspecting, innocent kid and makes lots of jokes that aren't really funny, but the type he hangs around with laughs anyways because they want to be in on the joke, and they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves when they're faced with their own shortcomings trying to meet the expectations of the popular crowd they hang out with..........that's Illinois, and their results speak for themselves.

Kansas- the enemy of my enemy is my enemy............much like our rivalry with Nebraska in football, all the things everyone already hates about Kansas basketball aside, including the blatant cheating that they were caught for and even had the NCAA admitting that they were guilty of and did nothing about (true story btw)..................this actually is as simple as "Nobody is allowed to bully my brother except me" ;)

We bully Iowa State. Kansas bullies Iowa State. There can be only one bully, and we're certainly not gonna let some podunk cheating basketball school be the ones to pick on Iowa State.

So basically you’re Iowa State’s Big Brother. Only I can pick on my little brother.

My team is Bama, but I like Mizzou. They have played surprisingly well so far.
We will try our best tomorrow to help some of the KY fans that are ready for Cal to leave.
Shootout at noon in Tuscaloosa

Reactions: UPSvol80
My team is Bama, but I like Mizzou. They have played surprisingly well so far.
We will try our best tomorrow to help some of the KY fans that are ready for Cal to leave.
Shootout at noon in Tuscaloosa

boo-boo-this-man.gif

Teams I don't like:

Duke- bad for CBB

Kentucky- bad for CBB

There are two types of people. People who like KU, and people whose loved ones were banged by Bill Self. I hope Bill took it easy on your old lady.

Reactions: KisteK
Since we now live in Kansas City, I like to root for the local D1 school, UMKC. Former New Mexico State coach Marvin Menzies has had an up-and-down first season but appears to have that program in the right direction. Might be able to take on Oral Roberts and SDSU in the Summit in a year or two.

Probably close to 20 schools, if I'm being honest.

Top 8 might be...

Alabama
Baylor
Arizona State
UCLA
Pittsburgh
Clemson
Xavier
Gonzaga

Reactions: HailToPitt725
You are dead to me.

Haha I pick a few bandwagon teams every year. It often depends on the players and style of play. Don't know if I'm going to like Alabama every year. But, I love Brandon Miller and I love their up tempo offense.

Some teams I watch regularly because of the coaches, like Pittsburgh and Arizona State. More often than not, however, I pick a few teams that are simply entertaining to watch. Alabama is arguably the most entertaining team to watch this year. Here's what I wrote two years ago:

I usually have one serious bandwagon team per year. I enjoy following the 6 Power Conferences, the WCC, the MWC, and sometimes the AAC and Atlantic 10. I like to root against UNC, Kentucky, Texas, and semi-frequently against Villanova and UConn. Here are my bandwagon teams from recent memory.

2021- Gonzaga. I just love this team. Sue me. Timme's got sick post moves, Suggs is a freak athlete, and Kispert is as a good a shooter as you can find.
2020- Dayton. Obi Freaking Toppin. Went the whole season without losing in regulation.
2019- Buffalo. Blue-Collar. Tough. CJ Massinburg was a gamer.
2018- Texas A&M. Interior Game was ridiculous.
2017- Gonzaga. Supremely talented on the defense end. Good offense, too.
2016- Oklahoma. Can't nobody stop Buddy Hield
2015- Notre Dame. Fun offense to watch. Reminded me a bit of the GS Warriors.
2014- Wichita State. Guard play was excellent. Playing in the MVC probably hurt their tourney prep. But, they were a legit Final Four caliber-team.
2013- Michigan. This team was oozing with NBA talent. Watching their offense was a thing of beauty.
2012- Ohio State. Craft's defense + Sullinger's inside game. Great stuff.
2011- BYU. All about the Jimmer show.
2010- Butler. The Big 3 of Hayward, Mack, and Howard. Won 25 straight games before falling in the title game.
2009- Wake Forest. Very talented roster. Made it to #1 in the country at one point. Things fell apart in March, however.
2008- Davidson. Steph Curry. And yes, I did watch them before the start of '08 tournament. People forget about Richards. He led the nation in assists that year.
2007- Ohio State. Oden and Conley was a dynamic duo. Not enough to overcome the juggernaut in UF, however.

Reactions: KisteK and della
Haha I pick a few bandwagon teams every year. It often depends on the players and style of play. Don't know if I'm going to like Alabama every year. But, I love Brandon Miller and I love their up tempo offense.

Some teams I watch regularly because of the coaches, like Pittsburgh and Arizona State. More often than not, however, I pick a few teams that are simply entertaining to watch. Alabama is arguably the most entertaining team to watch this year. Here's what I wrote two years ago:
I'm not saying bama is not talented. I'm saying they are evil incarnate. You must surely have noticed a few new bammers on the board? Those are just the scouts, a few more wins and we will be swarmed. Your reckless comment of them being in your top 8 is like laying honey at the entrance to the board. Just sayin.

I'm not saying bama is not talented. I'm saying they are evil incarnate. You must surely have noticed a few new bammers on the board? Those are just the scouts, a few more wins and we will be swarmed. Your reckless comment of them being in your top 8 is like laying honey at the entrance to the board. Just sayin.

I like to watch good basketball. And it's Alabama basketball we're talking about. They've been to the 2nd weekend of the tournament just twice in the past 30 years. Their heads can't get too big in this sport.

Texas and UCLA since they’re our best wins? I guess, lol. I also always have a soft spot for Rutgers and root for them when they’re not playing the Illini.

I am an SEC guy. I pull for any and all SEC teams whenever there is an inter-conference game.

I know that's odd, because most non-UK SEC schools fans won't pull for UK to win, even if we were playing the Taliban, but that's cool. I figure, if the SEC shows out against the other P5 conferences, it shows that UK wasn't just competing against garbage teams. The SEC used to really suck, but that has certainly changed.

Reactions: cdbearde and della
I am an SEC guy. I pull for any and all SEC teams whenever there is an inter-conference game.

I know that's odd, because most non-UK SEC schools fans won't pull for UK to win, even if we were playing the Taliban, but that's cool. I figure, if the SEC shows out against the other P5 conferences, it shows that UK wasn't just competing against garbage teams. The SEC used to really suck, but that has certainly changed.
Yes sir, I always pull for the SEC.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT