ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you pulling for in the CFB championship game?

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
Surely some of you here will watch it. I’m hoping Georgia wins but more than that I’m just hoping it’s a really good game.

So you understand how the rest of the country feels about Duke basketball, eh?
It’s not like Duke is in the national championship game every time you turn around like Alabama football or UCONN Women’s Basketball. Sure Duke is always in a conversation when it comes to National Championships, and Final Fours, but so is Kansas, UNC, and UK.

Georgia. I’m sorry but if you don’t make your conference championship( Alabama/ Ohio St ) then you shouldn’t be eligible to play for a National Championship.

UNC didn't win their league last year in hoops. I guess this only applies to football???
Actually UNC did win the regular season in hoops.
Yes, when only 4 teams make the playoffs, they should’ve played for their conference championship.

I don't mind teams going who didn't win their title. If that is the case it discounts a conference that could have the best two teams in the country. They shouldn't really be punished because they are better than teams from other conferences. IMO.

Reactions: ceilo77
Yes, when only 4 teams make the playoffs, they should’ve played for their conference championship.
I get it. Football doesn't crown regular season champs tho, b-ball does.

Bullshit.

Are you telling me that Alabama is not in the top four teams in the US with their only loss to Auburn at Auburn?

I don't know of any one familiar with college football this year that actually thinks that Alabama is not higher then fourth best.

I noticed that Alabama beat the holy crap out of Clemson, and I expect that they will beat Georgia.

Fans of non-SEC conferences know quite will that the SEC west is the best conference in the U.S. and that does not include the SEC east; yet they make posts like the one above to try to discredit the best team in the nation this year and for the bulk of the last twenty years.

Jesus christ i just had flash backs to eric weddle. Where was the safety?

I think the safety was either on a smoke break or just plain MIA. Couldn't believe how open the receiver was but it was also one helluva throw after losing 17 yards on the play before. Heartbreak for Georgia but what a rally by the Crimson Tide.

Reactions: bMORE607
What a game.

Alabama is running away with the hardware now that we have games played on the field to actually determine a championship instead of the polls dominated by the big population states.

Under the old polls it would have been Clemson or Oklahoma this year.
We’re really bragging about a 2nd place finish as running away with hardware?

Bullshit.

Are you telling me that Alabama is not in the top four teams in the US with their only loss to Auburn at Auburn?

I don't know of any one familiar with college football this year that actually thinks that Alabama is not higher then fourth best.

I noticed that Alabama beat the holy crap out of Clemson, and I expect that they will beat Georgia.

Fans of non-SEC conferences know quite will that the SEC west is the best conference in the U.S. and that does not include the SEC east; yet they make posts like the one above to try to discredit the best team in the nation this year and for the bulk of the last twenty years.
Do I think they are? Basing this off where they were BEFORE the CFP, since that's when they have to decide, my answer is no I'm not sure. How could you be after beating no one of substance, and losing to the only really tough team they played?

And they can't just go by who they think is the best team, otherwise, I'm sure 2015 OSU gets in. That team might have been better than the 2014 and 2016 teams who did get in, but they were left out.

And, IMO, they should have been as MSU beat them and won the BIG. Got lucky because UM dropped a punt, but that's what happened.

I don't mind teams going who didn't win their title. If that is the case it discounts a conference that could have the best two teams in the country. They shouldn't really be punished because they are better than teams from other conferences. IMO.
Agree, but also think the non conference winner should be a no doubt choice. Due to poor SOS, Bama wasn't.

Do I think they are? Basing this off where they were BEFORE the CFP, since that's when they have to decide, my answer is no I'm not sure. How could you be after beating no one of substance, and losing to the only really tough team they played?

And they can't just go by who they think is the best team, otherwise, I'm sure 2015 OSU gets in. That team might have been better than the 2014 and 2016 teams who did get in, but they were left out.

And, IMO, they should have been as MSU beat them and won the BIG. Got lucky because UM dropped a punt, but that's what happened.
What in hell are you smoking?

What in hell are you smoking?
Great comment, but anything to refute anything I said? Before the CFP announcement, did Bama beat anyone of substance? Did they not lose to the only team they played that was worth anything? did OSU not play a much tougher schedule and have far better wins?

If we go by best team, do you not think 2015 OSU was better than 2015 MSU?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Great comment, but anything to refute anything I said? Before the CFP announcement, did Bama beat anyone of substance? Did they not lose to the only team they played that was worth anything? did OSU not play a much tougher schedule and have far better wins?

Were you saying the same thing in 2014 when Ohio State got in over TCU even though they didn’t deserve to?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Were you saying the same thing in 2014 when Ohio State got in over TCU even though they didn’t deserve to?
You mean when OSU was a conference champ and TCU wasn't? when OSU played a tougher schedule than TCU?

It's odd you didn't answer any of those direct questions. That's always telling.

You mean when OSU was a conference champ and TCU wasn't? when OSU played a tougher schedule than TCU?

It's odd you didn't answer any of those direct questions. That's always telling.
TCU played 5 teams that finished in the Top 25. They only lost to a top 5 team and that was in the final minute. Ohio State played 2 teams that ended up in the top 25 and they lost to a team that was .500 at the time of the playoff selection. I don’t know who had the better schedule but it is clear that TCU played many more quality teams and they also didn’t lose to a nobody.

Also, Ohio State didn’t play in their conference championship in 2016 and they got in. Why did that team deserve to be in the playoff but not TCU?

Alabama: Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State and Auburn were ranked. Alabama lost to Auburn at Auburn

Ohio State: Oklahoma, Penn State, Michigan State and Wisconsin were ranked. Ohio State got trounced by Oklahoma and Iowa. Two loses and the loss to Iowa was inexplicable.

It may be my SEC bias but I would much rather face Wisconsin than LSU. Or Penn State instead of Mississippi State. Of course your B1G bias points you in a different direction. But Alabama dominated Clemson (4 versus 1). Georgia beat Oklahoma (3 versus 2). The Alabama track record along with the SEC's track record in the last twenty years should prove beyond any doubt that SEC football is far superior to that of the B1G.

Now that the Championship has to be won on the field instead of biased polls the B1G ain't gettin' any are they?

TCU played 5 teams that finished in the Top 25. They only lost to a top 5 team and that was in the final minute. Ohio State played 2 teams that ended up in the top 25 and they lost to a team that was .500 at the time of the playoff selection. I don’t know who had the better schedule but it is clear that TCU played many more quality teams and they also didn’t lose to a nobody.
And also clear they did not win their conference.

ADVERTISEMENT