ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the teams shaping up to be contenders for the title at this point?

ACD4-A68-D-E429-49-A7-A7-E2-1-B01-EAE8-AE39.jpg

That post doesn't mean anything.

Big 12 games are better because they are closer, more athletic and have people in the stands

Good to see the Oklahoma schools and TCU play with the top half of the conference.

Cade Cunningham can turn it up and put up 30 on anyone in the conference

Kansas is better than Nova and Wisconsin.
Baylor and Gonzaga then Kansas until Kansas proves otherwise against Baylor.
People read way too much into KU’s game the first game of the season.

I would rank in tiers:

Baylor & Gonzaga

Kansas

Nova, Tennessee, Iowa, Creighton, Houston, WVU

Wisconsin and MSU are overrated.

I’d rank Iowa with Kansas but they play no defense and are a very one dimensional team.
Are you still wearing the homer goggles? Lol

Are you still wearing the homer goggles? Lol
It happens when you dont hit your shots. We had great looks all day and didnt hit them. This game told me more about Texas than anything.

KU is an easy 2 seed at minimum. Long season brotato.

Apparently removing Calipari from the court is a solid formula for success.
He didn't get in the HOF for nothing. Master manipulator. Some UK's sites were actually calling him getting kicked out in the UL game prior to happening. They were a game off.

Gonzaga is getting BYU on Thursday. BYU figures to be their toughest WCC opponent this season, but I can't imagine they keep it within 15 points. I love how Pacific has resumed basketball activities, but they wanted "more time." Like a couple weeks is going to make a difference? You're losing by 30+ points either way.

Personally, I think the Zags gotta start ditching these WCC teams. If Pepperdine, or Pacific, or whoever pauses, don't try to shuffle that game with another WCC team. Go for a Power 6 opponent. Odds are, someone is always going to be available.

Personally, I think the Zags gotta start ditching these WCC teams. If Pepperdine, or Pacific, or whoever pauses, don't try to shuffle that game with another WCC team. Go for a Power 6 opponent. Odds are, someone is always going to be available.
They might not be able to schedule non-conference games since conference play has started. All conferences have different protocols too, which makes it a headache. Besides, I doubt many power 6 teams would be willing to volunteer for what would basically be a guaranteed loss.

Reactions: dukedevilz
We will see if Juwan Howard proves me wrong.

They have had an easy schedule.
Even their first two B1G games were against bottom feeders.

I see another bubble season/NIT team

Once again how the hell did he let Jalen Wilson walk.
He's certainly no Shaka Smart. Unfortunate for the rest of the country.

Once Shaka can get that instant respect when a player walks into his program watch out for him.

Like I said very knowledgeable basketball people say Shaka is one of the smartest coaches they know

Basketball coaching is easy but the hardest thing to do because it has nothing at all to do with basketball.

It is getting what is in your head into their heads.
Luckily he has that with Matt Coleman and Courtney Ramey.

Shaka don't even have to tell the players much anymore.
Matt Coleman or Courtney Ramey will make sure the players do what they are suppose to when they are on the court.

The respect from people like TJ Ford and others is why Shaka wasn't fired

Shaka told the AD he truly believed that he had an elite basketball team.

He is so far proving it..

Reactions: ExitFlagger
They might not be able to schedule non-conference games since conference play has started. All conferences have different protocols too, which makes it a headache. Besides, I doubt many power 6 teams would be willing to volunteer for what would basically be a guaranteed loss.
Ya idk which P6 schools would want to play Gonzaga. But if Gonzaga wanted to, the WCC wouldn’t stop them.

Let's list out the venues.

You have Phog and Hilton. And maybe where WV and Okie St play.

The Big has Mackey, Kohl Center, the Berslin Center, Assembly Halls(both), the Barn, Chrysler, and where Maryland plays

There is no "maybe" about the Coliseum in Morgantown son. In the Big East day's It used to be electric as they come and still is for Kansas especially.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Nothing against Iowa

But if I had the choice of any Top 10 team to play in the Elite 8...

It would be Hitler's team.

Bill Self who obviously knows more about basketball than you...
Said Texas was going to be better especially athletically than any frontcourt Kansas faced
This included Gonzaga and Kentucky.

Would love to see Garza go up against Sims, Kai Jones and Hamm

Texas should have won only by 7 or 8.

Self definitely wanted to send a message.

That was just a pissed off team more than Marcus Garrett hurting you.

The offense has a better flow with Harris at point and he’s a much better distributor. Plus, Garrett hasn’t been as effective at driving this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT