ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the teams shaping up to be contenders for the title at this point?

Nothing against Iowa

But if I had the choice of any Top 10 team to play in the Elite 8...

It would be Hitler's team.

Bill Self who obviously knows more about basketball than you...
Said Texas was going to be better especially athletically than any frontcourt Kansas faced
This included Gonzaga and Kentucky.

Would love to see Garza go up against Sims, Kai Jones and Hamm

Why do you call them Hitler's team?

If Hitler had the choice of what Top 15 team to pick...

Which one would it be?

Seems unnecessary. Six of the scholarship players on the team are black - and so are two of the assistants. Someone has to have the most white guys. Would also be strange to refer to a predominantly black team as the Black Panthers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They might not be able to schedule non-conference games since conference play has started. All conferences have different protocols too, which makes it a headache. Besides, I doubt many power 6 teams would be willing to volunteer for what would basically be a guaranteed loss.

Ya idk which P6 schools would want to play Gonzaga. But if Gonzaga wanted to, the WCC wouldn’t stop them.

Yeah, you're probably right about that.

Just for the sake of speculation, I was looking ahead and saw that the Zags have Pepperdine scheduled next week, who recently paused all basketball activities. Oregon State announced yesterday that there would be a pause. Oregon State canceling games would free up Arizona on the same day GU was regularly scheduled to play Pepperdine. This would allow for a potential Gonzaga-Arizona contest. These two schools have already been scheduling each other regularly the past 5 or 6 years. This matchup would make a lot of sense.

Yeah, you're probably right about that.

Just for the sake of speculation, I was looking ahead and saw that the Zags have Pepperdine scheduled next week, who recently paused all basketball activities. Oregon State announced yesterday that there would be a pause. Oregon State canceling games would free up Arizona on the same day GU was regularly scheduled to play Pepperdine. This would allow for a potential Gonzaga-Arizona contest. These two schools have already been scheduling each other regularly the past 5 or 6 years. This matchup would make a lot of sense.
I would be game to see Gonzaga smack the cheatin' Sean Millers into oblivion.

They should have made us play Gonzaga and then gonzaga could have just been the ncaas long arm of the law, handing down punishment game by game.

Shaka was brought in to win a NCAA Championship.
All bullshit aside. His first attempt may fail but he will win one.

All the other shit doesn't matter.

Wouidn’t mind seeing them win it, aside from the incessant “Been telling you” posts that you’d be hammering out daily. But I’m not sure he’s ever going to win a Big 12 title, much less a national one.

Honestly, it won’t tell us much about his coaching ability if they win big this year. Everything has fallen perfectly into place for him this season. Most experienced and athletic roster in the country, in a field with only a few standout teams. Final four should be expected.

If he wins multiple Big 12 titles with multiple deep runs and a perennial top 10ish team, people will give him credit. That’s what a good coach wouid do at Texas. Not one legit team every six years.

Wouidn’t mind seeing them win it, aside from the incessant “Been telling you” posts that you’d be hammering out daily. But I’m not sure he’s ever going to win a Big 12 title, much less a national one.

Honestly, it won’t tell us much about his coaching ability if they win big this year. Everything has fallen perfectly into place for him this season. Most experienced and athletic roster in the country, in a field with only a few standout teams. Final four should be expected.

If he wins multiple Big 12 titles with multiple deep runs and a perennial top 10ish team, people will give him credit. That’s what a good coach wouid do at Texas. Not one legit team every six years.

Trying to justify the failure of Bill Self by celebrating unimportant things

Do you understand what the key of this year actually is....

Energy. You can pretty much make every game a home game.
Some coaches get it while others don't.

Will be the key in the NCAA Tournament this year.

Shaka is all about that. Going to make sure every player regardless if they are playing or not brings energy to the gym

Don't think that has been an issue.
The issue has been championship quality teams.
Barnes didn't create a single one while he was here.

Like I told people before the season. Shaka is convinced he has one

We will see.
Nah. I'd concentrate on a tourney win, before any other crazy talk.

They are going to have to win every game in the NCAA Tournament to win a National Championship.

I don't really think you understand the Texas Athletic Department. They strive for championships in everything. Anything less isn't acceptable
giphy.gif

Reactions: ExitFlagger
The goal should always be to make the second week of the tourney.

anything more is matchups and some luck.

Skill and coaching should get you to the second weekend.

Trying to justify the failure of Bill Self by celebrating unimportant things

Do you understand what the key of this year actually is....

Energy. You can pretty much make every game a home game.
Some coaches get it while others don't.

Will be the key in the NCAA Tournament this year.

Shaka is all about that. Going to make sure every player regardless if they are playing or not brings energy to the gym

No doubt Shaka’s a wizard.

Deep tourney runs, wins and conference titles are unimportant? I guess you’re trying to diminish the conference title streak. Pretty funny coming from the biggest conference honk this side of hawkit.

Legit coaches win consistently. Mediocre coaches win when they have too much talent to fail.

Self’s had the misfortune of running into some of the best teams in CBB history and, of course, Covid. Yet, even with several early round failures, he’s accomplished more than Texas’s program’s history.

Step it up, Texas. The wasted talent is getting embarrassing.

Don’t forget the expectation you’ve set. Title or bust. Don’t let us see you celebrating a regional final loss.

No doubt Shaka’s a wizard.

Deep tourney runs, wins and conference titles are unimportant? I guess you’re trying to diminish the conference title streak. Pretty funny coming from the biggest conference honk this side of hawkit.

Legit coaches win consistently. Mediocre coaches win when they have too much talent to fail.

Self’s had the misfortune of running into some of the best teams in CBB history and, of course, Covid. Yet, even with several early round failures, he’s accomplished more than Texas’s program’s history.

Step it up, Texas. The wasted talent is getting embarrassing.

Don’t forget the expectation you’ve set. Title or bust. Don’t let us see you celebrating a regional final loss.

Bunch of nonsense.
Expected better.

Like I said. We will see once KU gets off of probation what happens.

As of now it is Baylor and Texas with Bill Self sitting on the sideline watching

Bunch of nonsense.
Expected better.

Like I said. We will see once KU gets off of probation what happens.

As of now it is Baylor and Texas with Bill Self sitting on the sideline watching

Beating your chest over less than half a season. Ha..

Like I said...act like you’ve been there. Granted, Texas hasn’t finished a season ranked in a decade, so this is very new.

Bill Self: 3 final fours, 1 National Title
Texas: 3 final fours, 0 Nat’l Titles

Bill Self: 10 elite 8s
Texas: 7 elite 8s

Bill Self: 15 Big 12 titles
Texas: 3 Big 12 titles

Self: 9 30-win seasons
Texas: 2 30-win seasons

Despite as much or more talent. And you want to talk about Self’s failures. Stay in your lane, Texas.

Beating your chest over less than half a season. Ha..

Like I said...act like you’ve been there. Granted, Texas hasn’t finished a season ranked in a decade, so this is very new.

Bill Self: 3 final fours, 1 National Title
Texas: 3 final fours, 0 Nat’l Titles

Bill Self: 10 elite 8s
Texas: 7 elite 8s

Bill Self: 15 Big 12 titles
Texas: 3 Big 12 titles

Self: 9 30-win seasons
Texas: 2 30-win seasons

Despite as much or more talent. And you want to talk about Self’s failures. Stay in your lane, Texas.

Maybe KU will start supporting their football and baseball programs...

Got a decent WR after that ass kicking. Could end up doing big things up there.

80-85% chance you get hammered by the NCAA and Bill Self gets pushed out.

Maybe KU will start supporting their football and baseball programs...

Got a decent WR after that ass kicking. Could end up doing big things up there.

80-85% chance you get hammered by the NCAA and Bill Self gets pushed out.

Why would I care about the football program when I have the Chiefs. No one cares about baseball.

Very little chance Self gets pushed out. Also appearing less likely that they’ll get hammered.
But worst-case scenario, they’ll watch the madness at home like Shaka for one season.

Why would I care about the football program when I have the Chiefs. No one cares about baseball.

Very little chance Self gets pushed out. Also appearing less likely that they’ll get hammered.
But worst-case scenario, they’ll watch the madness at home like Shaka for one season.
It must be nice to have a good NFL team just across state lines. We just have the Bengals.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I love my UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT