ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the best PG in cbb this year?

I haven’t seen cooper play but the numbers speak for themselves at some point.

Before he go eligible though, it seemed like the highly rated frosh pgs across the land were struggling way more than usual. I can’t think of another one playing well other than cooper unless u consider Cunningham a pg at 6”9

Barnes has the value of a balanced team around him for us. He has shown the ability to be a difference maker at both ends of the court. Very few players for us get the volume of minutes to put up gaudy statistics. Barnes seems to be turning a corner recently with his offensive ability from 3 and he dropped several great dimes the last few games

Does Barnes play PG most of the time? I figured he was on the wing with mj walker or pollite runningnpoint. Def a difference maker regardless, kid can play. Killed us with the deep ball, well whole team did lol.

Suggs is likely leading the way...Collin Gillespie is up there though - 15.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.0 to, 44.6% 3P%, 86.4 FT%.

Does Barnes play PG most of the time? I figured he was on the wing with mj walker or pollite runningnpoint. Def a difference maker regardless, kid can play. Killed us with the deep ball, well whole team did lol.
Yeah, and I’m fine with it. But I think if he did cross train a little inside it might be worth it. Would be a killer mismatch against a 5 like Huff for UVA

Barnes and Evans sort of split PG duties. But Barnes is primarily a PG when he’s on the court.

Gray plays some PG too.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
The difference comes with versatility because of length

Cade Cunningham

Reason why he will be drafted before Suggs.
Suggs is a great player but switch places.

Suggs can't do what Cunningham does. Cunningham could do what Suggs does to a better level.

When his brother moved him to the Point he took off.
Cunningham can guard the 5 if need be. Especially if teams like to play small.

Copper shoots 40 from the field and 20 from 3. The points are nice but that efficiency is pretty bad.

Yeah Suggs a stud. Though wasn’t sure how much PG he plays with Nembhart. Stats suggest he’s the only PG on the floor like 15 mpg

Copper shoots 40 from the field and 20 from 3. The points are nice but that efficiency is pretty bad.
He gets to the line a bunch makes 7/9 FT/ gm. So a lot more efficient than just his FG stats.

9 assists/ gm pretty decent as well. But even the absurd 21/9 doesn’t tell the whole story he just controls the whole game when he’s on the floor.

Reactions: MGC_07
I'm going to say Jared Butler. Some may see him as a combo guard, as he often plays off the ball with Davion Mitchell in the lineup. But, I think he does just about everything you could ask of a point guard. Great distributor, shooter, scorer, and defender.

Another name that hasn't been mentioned is SMU's Kendric Davis. He's killing it this year. Should be a lock for AAC Player of the Year.

I honestly can’t remember why I got a permaban on our home board, but ultimately it doesn’t matter. There’s like 8 posters on that board, one or two that aren’t morons.
The rivals u6 board banned me for liking a post over there. They ban anyone for anything and the mod over there thinks it’s a legal offense to come back under a new account.

Reactions: cdbearde
I’d like to throw Marcus Garrett’s name in the mix ..so he can be considered and promptly tossed TF off of this list.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Suggs is ridiculous, but this guy although not the flashiest, is really good for the system..

Collin Gillespie with 16ppg (15.9), 44.6% from 3, 86%FT, top 10 Assist to Turnover and just 1 turnover / game.

I honestly can’t remember why I got a permaban on our home board, but ultimately it doesn’t matter. There’s like 8 posters on that board, one or two that aren’t morons.

You were arguing with a guy you were right he was wrong then he started following you around in every thread and it got outta hand I can't remember specifics lol!!!

Aren't many guards in cbb i'd take over Deuce McBride at this point.

Averaging 16, 4 and 4. Shooting 46% from the field, 47% from 3 and 84% from the ft line. And hes clutch.

Reactions: jpoppa
ADVERTISEMENT