ADVERTISEMENT

Which title game in the last 25 years would have made the best

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Best out of 7 game series? If National titles were best of 7 which games would have made the most entertaining? Lets say from 1995-2019

IMO

1. 2008 Memphis vs Kansas
I think this would have gone 6-7 games. I still think KU wins the title. They were just so balanced. I think Mario Chalmers would have been MVP of the series over all.

2. 2015 Wisconsin vs Duke
I know Duke beat them twice but honestly I think Wisconsin was so focused on Kentucky they may have been drained by Duke. Would have loved to see this as a 7 game series ,3 home 3 away and 1 neutral floor. I think Wisconsin may have won in 7

3. 1999 Uconn vs Duke
Both teams were simply stacked. Rip Hamilton and Battier/Brand was so much fun
I think Duke would have won this in 7

4. 2017 Gonzaga vs UNC
I think this would have went 6. I still believe Gonzaga overall was the better team and just weren't that night.

5. 2003 Kansas vs Cuse
I think this would have went 6. I think KU would have won the series.

Best out of 7 game series? If National titles were best of 7 which games would have made the most entertaining? Lets say from 1995-2019

IMO

1. 2008 Memphis vs Kansas
I think this would have gone 6-7 games. I still think KU wins the title. They were just so balanced. I think Mario Chalmers would have been MVP of the series over all.

2. 2015 Wisconsin vs Duke
I know Duke beat them twice but honestly I think Wisconsin was so focused on Kentucky they may have been drained by Duke. Would have loved to see this as a 7 game series ,3 home 3 away and 1 neutral floor. I think Wisconsin may have won in 7

3. 1999 Uconn vs Duke
Both teams were simply stacked. Rip Hamilton and Battier/Brand was so much fun
I think Duke would have won this in 7

4. 2017 Gonzaga vs UNC
I think this would have went 6. I still believe Gonzaga overall was the better team and just weren't that night.

5. 2003 Kansas vs Cuse
I think this would have went 6. I think KU would have won the series.

You prolly should’ve stopped there. We beat them away and on a neutral court. So to say Wisky would have won in 7 is hilarious!

Frank Kamisky and Sam Dekker are both NBA players and Nigel Hayes had a good college career.

Wisc controlled the title game until the 5 minute mark and melted down. To think this wouldn't go 6-7 is silly.

i-am-a-type-of-person-who-is-too-sensitive-27764561.png

Nova/UNC from 2016 would have been a pretty tight 7 game series.

Also, I’d take a 7 game rerun on UConn/UK in 2014. Definitely wouldn’t have been the “best” series, but I think the outcome would have been different.

Also, I’d take a 7 game rerun on UConn/UK in 2014. Definitely wouldn’t have been the “best” series, but I think the outcome would have been different.

Yea UK would have taken it in a series.

UVA sweeps Texas Tech 4-0 so I understand why it didn't make your list.

Sweeps would have been

UNC vs MSU 09, Uconn vs Gtech 04, Maryland vs Indiana 02

I agree with those 3 picks.

Probably UConn/Butler in 2011, as well. Michigan State beat up on Florida soundly in 2000, IIRC. And that Kentucky team in 96 was so good - I could see them sweeping Syracuse.

Reactions: ThePhog08
I agree with those 3 picks.

Probably UConn/Butler in 2011, as well. Michigan State beat up on Florida soundly in 2000, IIRC. And that Kentucky team in 96 was so good - I could see them sweeping Syracuse.

What do you think Oden/Conley could have done to FL in 7 game series? I think it would go 5-6 with FL obviously winning.

What do you think Oden/Conley could have done to FL in 7 game series? I think it would go 5-6 with FL obviously winning.

That '07 Florida team was stacked. Oden and Conley both played really well in the title game and UF still had a comfortable margin most of the game. My gut says 5 games - maybe 6. With so many quality players in that game, I think if nothing else it still makes for one one of the more entertaining matchups.

Reactions: KisteK
Frank Kamisky and Sam Dekker are both NBA players and Nigel Hayes had a good college career.

Wisc controlled the title game until the 5 minute mark and melted down. To think this wouldn't go 6-7 is silly.

Because Okafor was in foul trouble. Even while on the bench, an unheard of Grayson Allen brought Duke back.

Also, 6 players from that Duke team are in the NBA—Okafor, Winslow, Jones, Cook, Jefferson and Allen. Not sure what bringing up their NBA players means in this discussion when Duke has twice as many. Also, Marshall Plumlee was in the NBA for two years, but I’m not counting him.

Not saying Wisky couldn’t win a game, but a 7 game series, where they’re already down 0-2...unlikely brah.

Last edited:

One game was ugly enough....Much less 4 or more.

**** that.

Sweeps would have been

UNC vs MSU 09, Uconn vs Gtech 04, Maryland vs Indiana 02
That was a really good MD team. But with the way IU was capable of going nuclear from "3"---I have to think in a stretch of 4 games, IU would have hadone of those 16 or 17 nights from "3". I think we could've stole one. Lets not forget, IU led that game with 9 minutes to go.Winking

Reactions: ThePhog08
KU Memphis would have been a great 7 game series.

I do agree KU beats Syracuse 4-2 if not 4-1

I am still butt hurt about Villanova in 2016. KU shoulda had it

That’s the one time that I blamed officiating for an outcome.

You’ll never convince me that it was coincidental that Philly refs made several controversial calls that assisted a Philly team in advancing.

If we’re talking Final Fours, there a few MSU wish they could have gotten back. Butler 2010 for sure and I think in a 7 game series we beat Texas Tech this year. We missed some wide open shots that game, and Matt Mooney went nuts.

That Carolina 09 team would have swept us. They were stacked.

Didn't read the topic but this one is without question
Has to be KU Memphis.

Duke Wisconsin was pretty good but KU/Memphis is definitely the best championship game the last 10-15 years
I may be biased as I have connections to the Delta but that game was entertaining for even a neutral fan

ADVERTISEMENT