ADVERTISEMENT

Which Term Applies Here?

So he writes an "article" about how UK fans are thinking about the game.

"Duke fans, on the other hand and we speak generally, haven’t yet really focused on Kentucky."

It's like he didn't even read his own writing up until that point.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I have seen it used by the dattier frequently lately. Which this comes from a guy who has quoted me over 100 times since last Friday. So not sure why he thinks he lives rent free in anyone's head when you consider that.
Apparently he had a tab open that entire time. o_O

Reactions: treyforuk
So he writes an "article" about how UK fans are thinking about the game.

"Duke fans, on the other hand and we speak generally, haven’t yet really focused on Kentucky."

It's like he didn't even read his own writing up until that point.
uirin-you-saw-that-you-saw-that-too-5788329.png

Are the UK folks all going to get worked up and angry if I say that there is some truth to that...? That UK folks get way more fired up and by Duke than Duke folks get fired up and by UK?

Both fan bases get jacked up over the other one. You want to beat them, and love it when someone else does. The loser of the game on Nov 6th will only be happy if they win a 2nd rematch or the natty.
But, I think Duke is the alpha program, all because of K. It's everyone's championship to beat them. Some won't like hearing that, but he's the face of college basketball. Cal is great, but he's not as polarizing as K, and hasn't accomplished what K has, and I think that tears him up.

Both fan bases get jacked up over the other one. You want to beat them, and love it when someone else does. The loser of the game on Nov 6th will only be happy if they win a 2nd rematch or the natty.
But, I think Duke is the alpha program, all because of K. It's everyone's championship to beat them. Some won't like hearing that, but he's the face of college basketball. Cal is great, but he's not as polarizing as K, and hasn't accomplished what K has, and I think that tears him up.
No doubt K is better than Calipari all time. Facts. Same as UK is better than Duke all time. Facts. That tears some up as well. Plus UK has scoreboard against Duke regular and postseason.

Truth be told, I'm just looking forward to the first game.It could be against Mich St.in the Champions Classic, and I'd still be this excited.

It was just funny laughing @the author of the OP's link saying Duke fans aren't thinking of UK.

With that said, I'm gearing up for tonights BBM and am no longer responsible for anything I post from here until tomorrow morning.

Are the UK folks all going to get worked up and angry if I say that there is some truth to that...? That UK folks get way more fired up and by Duke than Duke folks get fired up and by UK?

This is Duke’s schtick. It’s cute. Not our rival, etc.

But that’s also why Duke is gay tbh

It's everyone's championship to beat them.
I respectfully disagree. Only for like what @lurkeraspect84 stated, it's we have "scoreboard" vs. them, so that eliminates - at least for me - any type of "championship" feel to it. I'm always optimistic heading into the game. Carolina might be the only other team who walks in with a swagger to the game too. If Duke is the alpha, then I'm comfortable with handling business against them and on to the next game. No chest beating, just another W.

I think what makes fanbases snicker when they beat Duke is watching the media have to grin and bare it. Duke moves on to the next game, while the media has to find a way to clean their overzealousness from their shoe waffle with a stick.

ARKt-G.gif

Last edited:
But that’s also why Duke is gay tbh
Proof right here. You call them gay because they win and you can't stand it. Again, that's because of what K has done there. You don't have to admit it. Your take on Duke is all we need. Just like people rippin on Cal. He's a great coach. No one talks sh*& about LSU basketball, and there's a reason for that.

Proof right here. You call them gay because they win and you can't stand it. Again, that's because of what K has done there. You don't have to admit it. Your take on Duke is all we need. Just like people rippin on Cal. He's a great coach. No one talks sh*& about LSU basketball, and there's a reason for that.

I call them gay because they believe it’s an insult to say someone isn’t their rival. But I’m sure I could find 100 more reasons.

I call them gay because they believe it’s an insult to say someone isn’t their rival. But I’m sure I could find 100 more reasons.
Just as wrong as the writer of that article. I know of no Duke fan that isn't pumped for Kentucky. Doesn't matter when, it's a big game.
Kentucky is talented and well coached. I can't stand them, but I respect them.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Do you actually consider Duke and Kentucky rivals, though?
No. I consider UNC more of a rival than Duke. I do look forward to our games. I'm not down playing it. Just because it's not the top ACC rival doesn't mean it's not top 3 ACC rival.

UL
UNC
Duke

Reactions: bkingUK
People that use terms like rent free and jealous are message board weiners.
I've always found this concept really stupid. EVery single fan base talks about their rival. To call some one this, is basically telling on yourself.

Its stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT