ADVERTISEMENT

Which team needs a "The Last Dance" doc?

18-19 UVA at #3 is more than a little forced there.

Entertaining to watch Dauster use his word count to try and talk himself into it though.

Also funny that he has 3 UK teams in there, but omitted the obvious one.

The ‘03 Cuse team must not have had enough drama to be considered a good pick, I guess?

I’d think the best Freshman of all time leading a program to its first Championship, with a legendary coach, and an iconic finish to the Title game, would be fitting. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
So you also think they should be #1

Honestly, if we’re talking teams that could fill a 10 part doc, the list is pretty slim.

Kinda surprised 2013 UL didn’t make it though.

- Final four the previous year
- “Win it for Ware”
- Random, dorky walk-on hitting multiple 3s in clutch moments in the tourney
- Hatable white guy MOP
- Winning the Title
- Rick Pitino making history winning 2 at different schools
- Strippergate leading to the demise of half of the Athletic Department

Edit: Added Luke Hancock bit to give him his due.

Last edited:
Nobody would ever want to watch a 10 part series on any team in college basketball. You could do one on the history of KU and I would still struggle to finish it in less than a year.

Really only Michael Jordan could draw interest in something that long. People could watch a 100 part series on him. Anything else? Meh

18-19 UVA at #3 is more than a little forced there.

Entertaining to watch Dauster use his word count to try and talk himself into it though.

Also funny that he has 3 UK teams in there, but omitted the obvious one.
15?

I actually thought those were some solid choices for us. Wasn’t even thinking about Billy G’s last year, but it would be solid entertainment.

Reactions: Hank_
1999 Iowa Hawkeyes.

Tom Davis' last season, in which it was already determined that the school would not bring him back.

Iowa went 20-11 in 1998 and finished tied for 4th in the Big Ten, but was inexplicably left out of the NCAA Tournament in favor of Indiana, whom they tied with and had swept the season series against. They were then knocked off in the First Round of the NIT by Georgia, who went on to the Semifinals.

It was following this season, that Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby chose not to renew Tom Davis' contract, leaving him with one last season in 1999.

Iowa responded by earning their first trip to the Sweet 16 since 1988, before losing to the eventual National Champions UConn.

1999 Iowa Hawkeyes.

Tom Davis' last season, in which it was already determined that the school would not bring him back.

Iowa went 20-11 in 1998 and finished tied for 4th in the Big Ten, but was inexplicably left out of the NCAA Tournament in favor of Indiana, whom they tied with and had swept the season series against. They were then knocked off in the First Round of the NIT by Georgia, who went on to the Semifinals.

It was following this season, that Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby chose not to renew Tom Davis' contract, leaving him with one last season in 1999.

Iowa responded by earning their first trip to the Sweet 16 since 1988, before losing to the eventual National Champions UConn.
Nice. Easily a top 25 basketball story in the Big 10 that year. Good call.

15?

I actually thought those were some solid choices for us. Wasn’t even thinking about Billy G’s last year, but it would be solid entertainment.

For sure. It’s crazy to think that the 11th/12th men on that team are still professional basketball players.

Plus, if you could get the players to tell that Bahamas story, that would be great TV.

Hey remember that time that Iowa went to the Final Four?

I think it was in 1955....could've also been 1956, but I'm not certain.
Correct you are, lesser non-Iowa fan! Iowa did go to the Final Four in back to back seasons and even played in the national championship game. :)

Great times those were. Certainly much better than any your school has produced, even if they resulted in championship victories, and you can deal with it. :D

Nobody would ever want to watch a 10 part series on any team in college basketball. You could do one on the history of KU and I would still struggle to finish it in less than a year.

Really only Michael Jordan could draw interest in something that long. People could watch a 100 part series on him. Anything else? Meh

Normally. But in a lockdown covid deal, I’d watch one on damn near any team

Virginia in the top 25 of a list like this would be to high, I didn't read the parameters but looking at his list I figure 2012 UK and 1997 KU should be on it.

Honestly, if we’re talking teams that could fill a 10 part doc, the list is pretty slim.

Kinda surprised 2013 UL didn’t make it though.

- Final four the previous year
- “Win it for Ware”
- Random, dorky walk-on hitting multiple 3s in clutch moments in the tourney
- Hatable white guy MOP
- Winning the Title
- Rick Pitino making history winning 2 at different schools
- Strippergate leading to the demise of half of the Athletic Department

Edit: Added Luke Hancock bit to give him his due.

Im not gonna lie, this would be good and I would watch! I think the UNc story with McCants would be good also!

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT