ADVERTISEMENT

Which SEC program has the brightest future?

Unless he changes his offensive strategy, bama be will like they were this year. Up and Down. Live and die by the 3.
I would suppose you live and die by your strength. I imagine that Oats decided to stand on that hill and I don't blame him. Things will depend on who stays and what they pick up for the next campaign, but that holds true for all of us.

I would suppose you live and die by your strength. I imagine that Oats decided to stand on that hill and I don't blame him. Things will depend on who stays and what they pick up for the next campaign, but that holds true for all of us.
@della why is Huntley-Hatfield transferring? Thought he was pretty well locked in with you guys? Do you view him as a big loss?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
@della why is Huntley-Hatfield transferring? Thought he was pretty well locked in with you guys? Do you view him as a big loss?
I think it comes down to his believing that he didn't get as many minutes as he deserved. I think he is a true talent and will be a great player, but he was not a great player last year. I know he is in the portal, but he may end up staying. Barnes is not one to coddle players, so who knows. I do think he is a loss and would be an excellent pick up for a contender.

Bama will be much improved this year. We had rim protection problems last year with only 1 true 5 on the roster, and Bediako was a freshman.
Oats is not going to change his strategy.

A couple may come back but at the moment I think it is zero.

Don't take my word for it as I am too lazy to look it up.

Adam Miller, Justice Williams, and Mwani Wilkinson will all be returning. Miller started on the 2021 Illini team, but was injured for the entirety of the 2022 season. He figures to be a starter. McMahon is also bringing over 3 of the top 4 scorers from Murray State, a team that won 31 games and made the round of 32.

LSU is also bringing in Cam Hayes (NC State) and Derek Fountain (Miss State), who I think both have a fair amount of potential. They both regressed a bit last season, but they could be important pieces to LSU's success. And McMahon also signed two highly regarded recruits, one of them being Tyrell Ward, who is pegged as the #23 player in his class by rivals. This team is going to be fine. Borderline top 25 team in the preseason, IMO.

Projected Starting Lineup
Justice Hill, 6'0 Jr (Murray State)
Adam Miller, 6'3 So (Illinois)
Tyrell Ward, 6'7 Fr (5-Star recruit)
Mwani Wilkinson, 6'5 Jr
KJ Williams, 6'10 Sr (Murray State)

Key Bench: Cam Hayes, Trae Hannibal, Justice Williams, Derek Fountain Jalen Reed

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Kentucky is still the standard for the conference. Every recruit wants to be noticed by them.

Hard to project long-term, as you never know how long these coaches will be there. Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama all clearly have healthy programs.

I think Texas A&M is going to to build on last year's success. They should be in the tournament. And I'm impressed with how Todd Golden, Matt McMahon, and Dennis Gates have quickly constructed competitive squads for next year.

Lately most of the recruits just want to use them as a hat on the table, it seems. Cal's pitch ain't what it used to be. Times are starting to pass him by.

And yet they still bring in nothing but 5 stars and top transfers.😆

Kentucky got one five star. Duke got three.
They have two five stars in the current class. Both top 10 nationally. Plus one of the top scorers in the portal. And probably more to come.

Is it Kentucky's God-given right to always have more highly rated players than Duke or something?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT