ADVERTISEMENT

Which SEC fan base should be most disappointed with Tourney results?

We are splitting hairs as in which is the worst.
Not really....

Auburn won the SEC reg season title, and was dismantled by a 10-seed.

TN won the SECT, and lost to a 14 loss, 8th place B10 team...

Bama was a 6-seed, and lost to 11 seed ND team, that played a 2 OT game in Dayton, then flew to San Diego, and played the next day...Yet another ACC team.

Kentucky---2 seed, NPOY, lottery pick in TyTy, lost to a 15th seeded catholic church...

LSU----they were a sinking ship.. So I'' concede this one.

But the other 4? Yikes. All of them were bad......real bad.

Not really....

Auburn won the SEC reg season title, and was dismantled by a 10-seed.

TN won the SECT, and lost to a 14 loss, 8th place B10 team...

Bama was a 6-seed, and lost to 11 seed ND team, that played a 2 OT game in Dayton, then flew to San Diego, and played the next day...Yet another ACC team.

Kentucky---2 seed, NPOY, lottery pick in TyTy, lost to a 15th seeded catholic church...

LSU----they were a sinking ship.. So I'' concede this one.

But the other 4? Yikes. All of them were bad......real bad.
So, which was worse? The question was which should be most disappointed?

So, which was worse? The question was which should be most disappointed?
The answer is ALL...Maybe excuse Bama/LSU, I guess. But shit, Alabama lost to a team that played a 2 OT game, then had to travel across 3 time zones---or two, I dunno, and play a game the next day----with what, maybe a 1-2 hour walk through to prepare?

Kentucky, Auburn and Tenn were all considered legit FF threats....MOF, people were mad as hell and felt TN was screwed getting a 3-seed...Then all they do is lose to a 14 loss, 8th place Michigan team , that a week earlier, blew a 17-point lead to Indiana, with 9 minutes to play.

UK----2 seed----beaten by a 15----in freakin' Indianapolis.
AU----2 seed---blown out by Miami, who lost 6 games in a supposed down ACC..

So I will adjust my answer-----UK, AU and TN----with Bama getting an honorable mention.

Reactions: Aberdale
So, your expectations were tempered by the last 10 games.
Yes. It was clear the team was not the same the last 4 weeks. Just like Auburn, UK was like 5-4 in their last 9. And in an age when everybody wants to look at metrics, it was plain to SEE that they were not playing at the same level.

Yes. It was clear the team was not the same the last 4 weeks. Just like Auburn, UK was like 5-4 in their last 9. And in an age when everybody wants to look at metrics, it was plain to SEE that they were not playing at the same level.
Yeah, I could see that. I just assumed (as did my bracket) that they’d rise to the occasion for the tournament. That maybe with the increased intensity they’d find that switch and flick it back on.

Reactions: RipThru
All of them......Every single SEC team, sans Arkansas, lost to a double digit seed. And Auburn got blown the **** out by a 10-seed. From a supposed weak and down ACC...

Indiana is lucky UK was the goat. 30 point loss to Saint Mary's? Lmao

This is why I picked UT as the disappointment special. Auburn and UK had given signs that things were not perfect. UT had been picking up steam rolling into the Tourney. I was very disappointed. :confused:

Reactions: RipThru
The answer is ALL...Maybe excuse Bama/LSU, I guess. But shit, Alabama lost to a team that played a 2 OT game, then had to travel across 3 time zones---or two, I dunno, and play a game the next day----with what, maybe a 1-2 hour walk through to prepare?

Kentucky, Auburn and Tenn were all considered legit FF threats....MOF, people were mad as hell and felt TN was screwed getting a 3-seed...Then all they do is lose to a 14 loss, 8th place Michigan team , that a week earlier, blew a 17-point lead to Indiana, with 9 minutes to play.

UK----2 seed----beaten by a 15----in freakin' Indianapolis.
AU----2 seed---blown out by Miami, who lost 6 games in a supposed down ACC..

So I will adjust my answer-----UK, AU and TN----with Bama getting an honorable mention.
UK wins the most embarrassing award, but UT wins the biggest let down award. Auburn is an honorable mention. As much as I hate bama, they lost their star player early in their game and your ranking kinda goes out the window if your players are unable to play.

UK should be the most disappointed as they are the only ones who know what it means to not win a national championship

Auburn and UT fans immediately started talking about the Spring football game. They have less tradition or relevance in basketball than just about any school in the Power 5- both of those schools are happy just to make the tournament.

Virginia gets one tournament with very favorable officiating and suddenly you equate them as being so much higher . LOL
37-EFED68-BBA5-4-BD4-8474-4-B934-C03-C52-D.jpg

Reactions: jhmossy
UK should be the most disappointed as they are the only ones who know what it means to not win a national championship

Auburn and UT fans immediately started talking about the Spring football game. They have less tradition or relevance in basketball than just about any school in the Power 5- both of those schools are happy just to make the tournament.

So has Kentucky lol. They won more games than both of those teams last year in football. Will do it again too.

How many of those UK players had experience with a National title? Do you think the ghost of Titles past visits these players? Your assertion is silly.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
How many of those UK players had experience with a National title? Do you think the ghost of Titles past visits these players? Your assertion is silly.

No, I think there is a culture of championships that feeds expectations and serves as another form of motivation for the players. Also, UK has a bench full of coaches that understand what it takes to win a national championship.

Being a Tennessee fan, I wouldn't expect you to understand this.

No, I think there is a culture of championships that feeds expectations and serves as another form of motivation for the players. Also, UK has a bench full of coaches that understand what it takes to win a national championship.

This is a pretty dumb hAUt take

This is a pretty dumb hAUt take

As I said, I wouldn't expect an Auburn player or coach to understand what it takes to win a national championship, so therefore your expectations can't be as high. Your team doesn't know what it is missing.

sAUd but true

What time is the kickoff for the Spring game?

Reactions: AWilli6995

I have a wealth of CFB knowledge to draw from and since a championship is a championship regardless of sport, I beg to differ.

I know our success of the past had no bearing on our performance on the grid iron of late. Your boast is one born on arrogance and nothing more.

It especially rings hollow in the fact that the blue bloods were the first to vacate their traditions of building super teams from freshmen up. Now your players are nothing, but one or two year mercenaries just trying to get into the league. Y'all have given up on becoming a destination for being a stepping stone. Your college athletes are students in name only.

Your fans may believe that BS, but your players don't.

I have a wealth of CFB knowledge to draw from and since a championship is a championship regardless of sport, I beg to differ.

I know our success of the past had no bearing on our performance on the grid iron of late. Your boast is one born on arrogance and nothing more.

It especially rings hollow in the fact that the blue bloods were the first to vacate their traditions of building super teams from freshmen up. Now your players are nothing, but one or two year mercenaries just trying to get into the league. Y'all have given up on becoming a destination for being a stepping stone. Your college athletes are students in name only.

Your fans may believe that BS, but your players don't.

Well, you had very limited success in football. You aren't Alabama or Texas or Florida St, so you don't have the background here to develop an informed opinion.

As far as the rest of what you wrote, I have no idea what this means. Carolina starts a 4 year senior, a 3 year junior and 2 sophomores and 1 graduate transfer. When Carolina won in 2017, it was 2 seniors, 2 juniors and a sophomore. 2009 featured 2 seniors and 3 juniors.

This is what I mean about Tennessee basketball- you just don't have a good understanding of the game or its history. UK is the only SEC team to get this, which is why their loss to a church league team was the most surprising and disappointing (for BBN).

Well, you had very limited success in football. You aren't Alabama or Texas or Florida St, so you don't have the background here to develop an informed opinion.

As far as the rest of what you wrote, I have no idea what this means. Carolina starts a 4 year senior, a 3 year junior and 2 sophomores and 1 graduate transfer. When Carolina won in 2017, it was 2 seniors, 2 juniors and a sophomore. 2009 featured 2 seniors and 3 juniors.

This is what I mean about Tennessee basketball- you just don't have a good understanding of the game or its history. UK is the only SEC team to get this, which is why their loss to a church league team was the most surprising and disappointing (for BBN).
You sound like a complete loser that was a fat team manager on some po dunk high school team in backwoods North Carolina. Tennessee historically is better than florida st. At football. May want to brunch up a bit on your football history. Auburn and Tennessee both have athletic departments that have won multiple national titles across many sports. Seriously you may be the biggest douche to ever post on this board

You sound like a complete loser that was a fat team manager on some po dunk high school team in backwoods North Carolina. Tennessee historically is better than florida st. At football. May want to brunch up a bit on your football history. Auburn and Tennessee both have athletic departments that have won multiple national titles across many sports. Seriously you may be the biggest douche to ever post on this board

Congrats on your equestrian and gymnastics titles. I'm sure you are very proud.

I fact checked you, which took a bit more time than would usually happen because I forgot to type UTjr when I asked google "UT all time football record". When I finally did get google to understand that I wanted Tennessee and not Texas, it told me that UTjr and FSU have similar W-L % and total bowl wins, although FSU has 3 national championships in the last 50 years compared to UTs 1.

So while I would take FSU over Tennessee any day of the week, I agree that a better example would have been USC, Ohio State or Oklahoma.

Anyway- my compliments on that one FF from a few years back. Did you get another tattoo to memorialize the occasion?

Congrats on your equestrian and gymnastics titles. I'm sure you are very proud.

I fact checked you, which took a bit more time than would usually happen because I forgot to type UTjr when I asked google "UT all time football record". When I finally did get google to understand that I wanted Tennessee and not Texas, it told me that UTjr and FSU have similar W-L % and total bowl wins, although FSU has 3 national championships in the last 50 years compared to UTs 1.

So while I would take FSU over Tennessee any day of the week, I agree that a better example would have been USC, Ohio State or Oklahoma.

Anyway- my compliments on that one FF from a few years back. Did you get another tattoo to memorialize the occasion?
For claiming you fact checked everything you missed auburns probably not sport for titles. Just seriously stop posting

2016 was the last time Tennessee finished with more wins than Kentucky. Pretty embarrassing imo.
And in 33 since it started years how many times has Kentucky made the SEC championship game again?

It is obvious you know nothing of CFB history, so we can let it pass.

It's not surprising that you would wait most of the season to come out of the woodwork with this take on things. You certainly weren't here after the UT game.

It is funny how you can reach for the superiority myth as your team is getting waxed. However, it is more fun beating y'all on the regular and y'all convincing yourself that y'all are some how better.

We'll take the wins and y'all can take the ass kicking, but feel good about yourselves. I'm fine with that arrangement. :D

For claiming you fact checked everything you missed auburns probably not sport for titles. Just seriously stop posting

I know Auburn won a football championship when you rented Cam Newton. Is there anything else to discuss about Auburn other than equestrian and gynmastics?

Just think though- if you make the NCAA 9 more times, you will have appeared in the NCAA as many times as Carolina has been to the Final 4.

Good job! You get a gold star!

I know Auburn won a football championship when you rented Cam Newton. Is there anything else to discuss about Auburn other than equestrian and gynmastics?

Just think though- if you make the NCAA 9 more times, you will have appeared in the NCAA as many times as Carolina has been to the Final 4.

Good job! You get a gold star!
Keep checking. Still don’t have the sport auburns has its most titles in. You aren’t good at this

It is obvious you know nothing of CFB history, so we can let it pass.

It's not surprising that you would wait most of the season to come out of the woodwork with this take on things. You certainly weren't here after the UT game.

It is funny how you can reach for the superiority myth as your team is getting waxed. However, it is more fun beating y'all on the regular and y'all convincing yourself that y'all are some how better.

We'll take the wins and y'all can take the ass kicking, but feel good about yourselves. I'm fine with that arrangement. :D

Congrats on a November victory. I understand when you pull for a school like Tennessee in basketball, any win is a good win.

2016 was the last time Tennessee finished with more wins than Kentucky. Pretty embarrassing imo.
I think we were tied this year. However, if UT/UK were sodas, UT has won the taste test in side by side comparisons for the last 7 years. Does that leave you a little flat? 😜

Keep checking. Still don’t have the sport auburns has its most titles in. You aren’t good at this

Oh, I haven't checked on Auburn for anything- those were easy and common knowledge.

Is there something I should know about Auburn athletics that I don't?

Congrats on a November victory. I understand when you pull for a school like Tennessee in basketball, any win is a good win.
Thanks, I'm beginning to recognize that when you're for a school like UNC, you just stop counting the losses. I suppose it is opposite of counting sheep to get to sleep?

Oh, I haven't checked on Auburn for anything- those were easy and common knowledge.

Is there something I should know about Auburn athletics that I don't?
Auburn has 13 national titles in swimming. 8 mens. 5 womens. We won 5 straight in mens from 2003-2007.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC71-00
O/U 33 days into the season before Y'all can your shitty coach?
He will make it to seasons end. I actually wouldn’t mind Kentucky’s current coach. Mark is basically maxed out to what he will ever be able to do at Kentucky currently

I corrected it. It must be hitting to close to home for ya.

this is the correcrion?

Thanks, I'm beginning to recognize that when you're for a school like UNC, you just stop counting the losses. I suppose it is opposite of counting sheep to get to sleep?

this makes even less sense, if possible.

what point is it that you are trying to make?

ADVERTISEMENT