ADVERTISEMENT

Which SEC fan base should be most disappointed with Tourney results?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
The three that are in the running are: Tennessee, Kentucky and Auburn.

Argument for Kentucky, they got beat by a no name peewee in the first round. Argument against Kentucky being the most disappointed, they have seen their team show signs that everything was not right. They lost several games toward the end of the regular that gave warning signals and ST Peters did win in the second round.

Argument for Auburn, Auburn looked unstoppable mid season and ranked #1. Argument against Auburn being most disappointed. Like UK, Auburn seemed to lose it's edge late regular season indicating trouble ahead.

Argument for Tennessee. Tennessee was picking up steam towards the end of the regular season and winning the SECT. There is no argument for Tennessee not to be the most disappointed.

Your thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
It's UK. Period. I never believed in Auburn; but I thought Tennessee had a legit chance at a Final Four on selection Sunday.

Reactions: englandnu
It's UK. Period. I never believed in Auburn; but I thought Tennessee had a legit chance at a Final Four on selection Sunday.
Did you believe in UK towards the end of the season?

All 3 should be. Auburn in late December and January was looking stout. Missouri exposed how to guard auburn though and everyone else after that game employed the same defense. Our guards struggled.

Tennessee looked the best at the end of the season. Maybe even the best looking team in the Country. Won sec tourney.

kentucky - showed flashes in games agiasnt Kansas, Tennessee, and North Carolina. But Oscar was only consistent thing they had

Reactions: I am stupid
Kentucky only had one player. They shouldn’t hav sheen believed in anymore then Auburn. It really should be Tennessee judging by how teams were looking going into the tournament.

All 3 have a claim imo bc all three had legit title aspirations.

Where are the several losses down the stretch for UK? Tenn on the road and in the SECt and @arky?? Hardly head scratching losses that showed the wheels were ablut to fsll off.

i saw uk picked by more ppl to make the final 4(myself included) than probably any team in the field.

As for auburn, #1 picks dont grow on trees. Might be a while before they get another player as talented as Smith, but who knows.

As for tenn, they had a stacked back court snd guards usually dominate march. Transversly their lack of big men hurt them. But they are fairly young sans JJJ and fulk, although i have no clue if any of the young guys are slotted to get drafted high.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

Argument for Kentucky, they got beat by a no name peewee in the first round. Argument against Kentucky being the most disappointed, they have seen their team show signs that everything was not right. They lost several games toward the end of the regular that gave warning signals and ST Peters did win in the second round.

Argument for Auburn, Auburn looked unstoppable mid season and ranked #1. Argument against Auburn being most disappointed. Like UK, Auburn seemed to lose it's edge late regular season indicating trouble ahead.

Argument for Tennessee. Tennessee was picking up steam towards the end of the regular season and winning the SECT. There is no argument for Tennessee not to be the most disappointed.

Your thoughts?
I believe it begins and ends with espn pumping them up without substance. Its a ratings plot that fell on its face.

The sec is a football conference and a womens basketball conference. The only credible basketball is Tennessee, Uk, and florida.

Kentucky and its fans should want Cals head on a stick.

He has done less with more forever. 59 pros and 1 chip.

I believe it begins and ends with espn pumping them up without substance. Its a ratings plot that fell on its face.

The sec is a football conference and a womens basketball conference. The only credible basketball is Tennessee, Uk, and florida.

LOl. How is Tennessee more credible than Auburn in basketball? Auburn has been to a final 4. Tennessee never has. Auburn has 3 sec titles in last 5 years. More than anyone else in the SEC. Ok yeah florida and Kentucky sure historically but hilarious you include Tennessee if you aren’t Including Auburn

Reactions: Villian07
LOl. How is Tennessee more credible than Auburn in basketball? Auburn has been to a final 4. Tennessee never has. Auburn has 3 sec titles in last 5 years. More than anyone else in the SEC. Ok yeah florida and Kentucky sure historically but hilarious you include Tennessee if you aren’t Including Auburn
Ask 100 people and maybe 2 even know Auburn for more than football. It will never be different.

I get why you say it, but to reference your historical take..... No one will ever equate auburn with basketball.

Ask 100 people and maybe 2 even know Auburn for more than football. It will never be different.

I get why you say it, but to reference your historical take..... No one will ever equate auburn with basketball.
Not like the same 100 ppl would equate tenn with basketball either.

In fact id argue the only reason u dont have them in the “football” tier bc their football team hasnt had any success lately. Which obv has nothing to do at all with the basketball program.

Plus if u mention Florida bc of their two chips might as well mention arky, since both floridas championships were won with the same players. Hardly a powerhouse either imo

Reactions: beasleythecard

That’s fine but no one equates Tennessee with it either then. I have no issue with you not including auburn. You just can’t justify Tennessee being there and auburn not.

It's Kentucky for me. Auburn and UT have never won anything of meaning in their entire basketball histories. Their expectations should be lower than Kentucky's. Disappointment comes from failure to live up to expectations. The fact that UK is coming off a 9-16 season and had a ton of expectations entering this tournament makes the disappointment even greater. To lose to a 15-seed in the first round with that level of hope and expectation is downright embarrassing.

It's Kentucky for me. Auburn and UT have never won anything of meaning in their entire basketball histories. Their expectations should be lower than Kentucky's. Disappointment comes from failure to live up to expectations. The fact that UK is coming off a 9-16 season and had a ton of expectations entering this tournament makes the disappointment even greater. To lose to a 15-seed in the first round with that level of hope and expectation is downright embarrassing.
Virginia gets one tournament with very favorable officiating and suddenly you equate them as being so much higher . LOL

Tennessee looked very good winning the conference tournament title. Auburn won the regular season. I think Kentucky's loss is the most embarrassing but the other programs were even worse considering expectations and lack of historical success.

Also fvck Cal that fat fvck needs to retire

I kinda disagree with that. Expectations can only be derived from regular season results.

Tennessee looked very good winning the conference tournament title. Auburn won the regular season. I think Kentucky's loss is the most embarrassing but the other programs were even worse considering expectations and lack of historical success.

You sound angry.

Not like the same 100 ppl would equate tenn with basketball either.

In fact id argue the only reason u dont have them in the “football” tier bc their football team hasnt had any success lately. Which obv has nothing to do at all with the basketball program.

Plus if u mention Florida bc of their two chips might as well mention arky, since both floridas championships were won with the same players. Hardly a powerhouse either imo
I see your argument and respect it.

We definitely agree on many points.

Reactions: Villian07
Virginia gets one tournament with very favorable officiating and suddenly you equate them as being so much higher . LOL

This has nothing to do with UVA. I think UVA is closer to AU/UT than we are to UK. My point about different expectations still remains.

I get your point in that UK is more likely to have future chances at tournament success than AU/UT. But my point is that fan expectations are influenced by history. Plus, AU/UT both went further than UK and did not lose to a 15 seed.

Kentucky only had one player. They shouldn’t hav sheen believed in anymore then Auburn. It really should be Tennessee judging by how teams were looking going into the tournament.
Kentucky's guards were much better than Auburn before the injuries. Auburn had, in my estimation, the best player in the country. Why Pearl let KD Johnson and the OVC transfer jack up any shot they wanted while Smith went long stretches without touches is beyond me. Cal did the same thing with Oscar in the NCAA tourney.

Kentucky's guards were much better than Auburn before the injuries. Auburn had, in my estimation, the best player in the country. Why Pearl let KD Johnson and the OVC transfer jack up any shot they wanted while Smith went long stretches without touches is beyond me. Cal did the same thing with Oscar in the NCAA tourney.
Agree on that. However jabari having his worst game of the season verses Miami is why he lost there. Our other losses in regular season were due to our guards. Jabari went 3-19 verses Miami

Reactions: RipThru
You sound angry.

Definitely angry at Cal.

I get your point in that UK is more likely to have future chances at tournament success than AU/UT. But my point is that fan expectations are influenced by history. Plus, AU/UT both went further than UK and did not lose to a 15 seed.

Like I said losing to a 15 seed was the most embarrassing game no doubt. I think Kentucky's results in January (obliterating KU and Tennessee) made people think they would hit that gear again at full strength. And they just never looked half as good.

On the other hand Tennessee looked to be peaking and Rick Barnes did what he does best. Auburn had one of the best front courts in the country and won the SEC. I think expectations for them were just as high.

Definitely not true at all. I think expectations can be altered and shifted based on regular season results but different programs have different expectations based on history.
It is true. What do you think UK's post season expectations were last year? The regular season determined they were pretty low. The regular season means everything.

Reactions: jhmossy
Definitely not true at all. I think expectations can be altered and shifted based on regular season results but different programs have different expectations based on history.
Good point, but (and I've been gone a while) (and I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation) (and you're one of the good posters) (and, to be clear, it's perfectly fine that it's interracial and homosexual) wtf is up with that avatar?

Good point, but (and I've been gone a while) (and I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation) (and you're one of the good posters) (and, to be clear, it's perfectly fine that it's interracial and homosexual) wtf is up with that avatar?

There’s an entire thread about letting someone else pick your avatar for the entire tourney. This is what someone chose for me

Barnhart called him out. Said basically the state of UK basketball is no longer the gold standard. Something Cal likes to say. Basically he said Cal you're on a short lease. I imagine if things don't improve over the next 2 years, Cal will be replaced.

I've always liked his defense, but the offense needs an overhaul. Even our 2014-2015 team wasn't great on offense, but definitely was on defense. His offense is outdated and not working so well. Plus, he shortens the rotation too early. Collins needed more playing time. He's way too talented to sit on the bench. Thankfully he's not transferring. I liked our guards this year, but they don't fit in Cal's offense. Cal needs volume scoring from the guards for his system to work.

Your thoughts?
All of them......Every single SEC team, sans Arkansas, lost to a double digit seed. And Auburn got blown the **** out by a 10-seed. From a supposed weak and down ACC...

While I think you ask this question thinking the answer would easily be Kentucky (and for me it is) but I’d say both Auburn and UT fans should be worried/pissed.
Auburn fans have let us know how big Bruce’s d**k is and how he’s the best coach in America. Throw in the fact do you have the potential number one draft pick and a host of other really good players and he couldn’t even make the sweet 16. That has to be embarrassing!

Tennessee fans have said every year for 4 straight years that this would be UT’s best team ever and they still haven’t got to a final four. That and the fact that (to hear them tell it) they have the best coach UT has ever had and he’s not made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament in 9 of the last 10 NCAA tourney’s. Has to be highly concerning!

While I think you ask this question thinking the answer would easily be Kentucky (and for me it is) but I’d say both Auburn and UT fans should be worried/pissed.
Auburn fans have let us know how big Bruce’s d**k is and how he’s the best coach in America. Throw in the fact do you have the potential number one draft pick and a host of other really good players and he couldn’t even make the sweet 16. That has to be embarrassing!

Tennessee fans have said every year for 4 straight years that this would be UT’s best team ever and they still haven’t got to a final four. That and the fact that (to hear them tell it) they have the best coach UT has ever had and he’s not made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament in 9 of the last 10 NCAA tourney’s. Has to be highly concerning!
I said, it was UT...

All of them......Every single SEC team, sans Arkansas, lost to a double digit seed. And Auburn got blown the **** out by a 10-seed. From a supposed weak and down ACC...
We are splitting hairs as in which is the worst.

ADVERTISEMENT