ADVERTISEMENT

Which of your former players does this best describe?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
E-yzwj-XXs-BANm0m.jpg

I'm not sure I get this. If a player has talent and production, it seems the recognition comes organically. Are you talking national recognition, NBA etc?

Reactions: brooky03
Paul Reed and Max Strus recently.

On the opposite end is Charlie Moore who had tons of recognition but was lacking talent and production.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He got some hype when he was injured in 2012, but I think Ryan Kelly fits this bill well. Offensive threat, playmaker from the post, and a really underrated defender. He changed how a team looked when he was on the court A LOT more than some of Duke’s “stars”

Taquan Dean Louisville.

Other programs

Sam Dekker Wisky
Nolan Smith Duke
Carson Edwards Purdue
Chuck Hayes Kentucky
Fred Van Vleet Wich St
Tom Coverdale Indiana
Tim Hardaway Jr Michigan
Mamadi Diakite UVA

Id go with Larry O over dean. I was younger obv but i seem to remember cisco and dean getting all the hype while o’bannon quietly was amzing.

thats my second fave UL team behind 2013. Born in 86 so.......didnt see the first two.

Id go with Larry O over dean. I was younger obv but i seem to remember cisco and dean getting all the hype while o’bannon quietly was amzing.

thats my second fave UL team behind 2013. Born in 86 so.......didnt see the first two.
Worked with Larry's sister. She is a cool one!

Larry's uncle... or was it his father I can't remember... anyway... he went overseas with him a few years when he signed his first contract.

Dude was a great one hell yeah.

Reactions: Villian07
I’ll say Terance Mann. Dude just filled up a stat sheet and made winning plays.

He’s finally getting a little bit of notice in the league, mainly because of how much PG13 and Kawhi sing his praises in interviews.

^^^^ mighta had go with trent forrest if i was a fsu guy, but idk what king of recognition he got among fsu fans.

kid was a winner.

(not a knock on mann, or anyone else)

Easily Zavier Simpson. Dude had one of the best college careers of any Michigan player of the past 25 years and not even Michigan fans realize how special he was.

I’d say half the home board last year was happy with Mike Smith over Simpson which is laughable at best and downright stupid in reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Was simpson the pg who would randomly drive the lane and put up magic-esque hook shots despite being pretty small???

If so i concur, i really liked his game.

ADVERTISEMENT