ADVERTISEMENT

Which NBA teams are improving the most in FA, draft and trade additions ?

RonnieBobby

Silver Member
Aug 14, 2020
This is a homer pick, but The Atlanta Hawks are adding huge value in free agency and a trade for Tony Snell.
The team's glaring weaknesses were defense and 3 pt shooting. They added 3 excellent defenders in Danilo Gallinari, Kris Dunn and Tony Snell. They are adding excellent percentage 3 pt shooters as well. If The Kings don't match Bogdan Bogdanovic's offer, this will be a blowout reconstruction, all without giving up assets of much value. The draft brought us Okongwu, a very exciting player down the road, but I won't count on him for next season.

You're up sports fans.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
The Lakers are getting better. Still think losing rondo will hurt in the playoffs, but adding a bulldog like trez is just what the doctor ordered for them bc ppl will try to get physical with them esp AD bc that’s about the only way to stop em.

I’d like to see the Suns gain some traction. They have a nice young core, but could use a vet that’s been successful somewhere.

Reactions: duckboy33
I hope the suns get Chris Paul. I think he will be a perfect fit there. They were looking to trade for him but not certain they pulled the trigger.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
This is a homer pick, but The Atlanta Hawks are adding huge value in free agency and a trade for Tony Snell.
The team's glaring weaknesses were defense and 3 pt shooting. They added 3 excellent defenders in Danilo Gallinari, Kris Dunn and Tony Snell. They are adding excellent percentage 3 pt shooters as well. If The Kings don't match Bogdan Bogdanovic's offer, this will be a blowout reconstruction, all without giving up assets of much value. The draft brought us Okongwu, a very exciting player down the road, but I won't count on him for next season.

You're up sports fans.

What do you think these additions will do to Trae Young’s usage?

Reactions: RonnieBobby
I hope the suns get Chris Paul. I think he will be a perfect fit there. They were looking to trade for him but not certain they pulled the trigger.

I hate to see Paul being passed around like a biker ho.

It's Trae's team. I don't expect his minutes to diminish much, but having Rondo will improve the second unit and Trae will have better shooters to distribute to on the perimeter.

Reactions: GE Nole

As the other resident Hawks fan on the board I'll address this as well. I think Trae's usage will go down a bit, but it will be a good thing. He'll start playing off the ball a bit and running around screens. This will help him out quite a bit as teams loved double teaming him at half court. He's the most double teamed player in the NBA besides Harden.

Trae is also one of the top % catch and shoot shooters in the league, something he rarely gets to do. Getting him off the ball a bit will help spotlight this skill.

I'm so fired up for this season, can't believe how amazing ATL did this past week.

think about this for a second. A year ago at this time the Hawks 3 highest paid players were Evan Turner, Allen Crabbe and Chandler Parsons. Now it's Capela, Gallinari and possibly Bogdon.

A year ago our centers were Alex Len and Damian Jones. now its Capela and Okongwu.

That 4/5 3 man rotation of Clint/Collins/Gallo is just incredibly good. They can even move Hunter to the 4 if they really wanted to just play on roller skates.

This is a team built to handle the injuries. Lots of shooting Young's assist count could be insane some nights. Yes, if they play as fast as it looks like they can.

Lakers are insanely good, the sixers are intriguing. If CP3 stays w the Suns, that’s a good mix of talent and experience. The Klay Thompson injury really sucks, couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. The warriors were looking to make the playoffs again. Thunder have like 50 first rounders the next few years.

It's Trae's team. I don't expect his minutes to diminish much, but having Rondo will improve the second unit and Trae will have better shooters to distribute to on the perimeter.
As the other resident Hawks fan on the board I'll address this as well. I think Trae's usage will go down a bit, but it will be a good thing. He'll start playing off the ball a bit and running around screens. This will help him out quite a bit as teams loved double teaming him at half court. He's the most double teamed player in the NBA besides Harden.

Trae is also one of the top % catch and shoot shooters in the league, something he rarely gets to do. Getting him off the ball a bit will help spotlight this skill.

I'm so fired up for this season, can't believe how amazing ATL did this past week.

So if someone were hypothetically deciding whether or not to keep Trae as their keeper in fantasy hoops (at second round value), y’all would both say his efficiency will go up and his shooting might actually improve?

So if someone were hypothetically deciding whether or not to keep Trae as their keeper in fantasy hoops (at second round value), y’all would both say his efficiency will go up and his shooting might actually improve?

Yep. Trae is special (as you know if you had him as a keeper), he's going to get better every year till he peaks. His points might go down, but his assists might go up with better teammates. Last year he was #2 in the league in assists while his teammates were last in the league in 3pt shooting. He was either #1 or #2 in the NBA in setting up his teammates for good scoring opportunities. I think Harden was 1 and he was 2. with good shooters on the other end of those passes his assists could go up even with less time on the ball.

Last year a lot of people talked about Luka as a possible candidate for most improved. No one talked about Trae. Statistically, Trae actually improved more than Luka did last year.

So excited to see him with some talent around him finally.

Reactions: GE Nole
Yep. Trae is special (as you know if you had him as a keeper), he's going to get better every year till he peaks. His points might go down, but his assists might go up with better teammates. Last year he was #2 in the league in assists while his teammates were last in the league in 3pt shooting. He was either #1 or #2 in the NBA in setting up his teammates for good scoring opportunities. I think Harden was 1 and he was 2. with good shooters on the other end of those passes his assists could go up even with less time on the ball.

Last year a lot of people talked about Luka as a possible candidate for most improved. No one talked about Trae. Statistically, Trae actually improved more than Luka did last year.

So excited to see him with some talent around him finally.

Good stuff.

I had Trae and Harden last year. Obviously I did well.

I wonder what the Clippers are gonna do this offseason? Didn’t they already make their bed somewhat last season getting Pandemic P?

Clippers didn't match up well with Denver

Really breakdown the series.

Pat Beverley on the court and off

Need another guard who can play defense
When Beverley wasn't on the court Nuggets ripped them up. Beverley can only contain Murray anyway

Then they added size.
A legit big in Ibaka.

Top 4 team in the Western Conference and maybe the NBA as of now.

I had Doncic and Anteotounkmpo last year no keepers was an auction. Trae will also get steals playing on that up tempo.

Perimeter shooting should be far better. Trae having 3 good shooters around the key will be very interesting to watch develop.

Read in a few places Gallinari was brought in with the communication between player and team he would be the backup for Collins, and be looking to heat up as 6th man of the year candidate. Really a great transition for a player like Gallinari.

Young/Bogdanovic/Reddish/Collins/Capela

Rondo/Huerter/Dunn/Hunter/Gallinari/Snell/Fernando....

You got to give the front office credit I mean that is an incredible roster for a franchise like this. The worst player is a bit raw hustle guy for f's sake.

Skal and Solomon Hill as vets I mean really...

They may end up swinging a deal with all this, who knows.

DLO
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Ed Davis
Towns

Ricky Rubio
Anthony Edwards
Jarret Culver
Juan Hernangomez
Naz Reid

Jordan McLaughlin
Kelan Martin/Jaylen Nowell
Jake Layman
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jaden McDaniels

Even with adding Rubio and Ed Davis, the Timberwolves still have the youngest roster in the league lol.

DLO
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Ed Davis
Towns

Ricky Rubio
Anthony Edwards
Jarret Culver
Juan Hernangomez
Naz Reid

Jordan McLaughlin
Kelan Martin/Jaylen Nowell
Jake Layman
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jaden McDaniels

Even with adding Rubio and Ed Davis, the Timberwolves still have the youngest roster in the league lol.

Are they thinking big trade with all those young wings?

Have you heard Davis is starting or is that opinion? I haven't followed news closely, but I find it hard to believe they'd roll with Davis/KAT together as a starting duo. I expect Hernangomez to be starting instead of Davis to have 3 pt shooting everywhere.

Are they thinking big trade with all those young wings?

Have you heard Davis is starting or is that opinion? I haven't followed news closely, but I find it hard to believe they'd roll with Davis/KAT together as a starting duo. I expect Hernangomez to be starting instead of Davis to have 3 pt shooting everywhere.
The only certain starters are DLO, Beasley, and KAT. Jauncho played pretty well after he got traded here, but defensively, he and KAT wouldn't be a good interior duo. I like Okogie and Davis starting to cover up the others defensive issues. I'm sure we'll see plenty of different lineup combos though.

A trade is definitely a possibility. I believe they were shopping Culver prior to the draft.

The only certain starters are DLO, Beasley, and KAT. Jauncho played pretty well after he got traded here, but defensively, he and KAT wouldn't be a good interior duo. I like Okogie and Davis starting to cover up the others defensive issues. I'm sure we'll see plenty of different lineup combos though.

A trade is definitely a possibility. I believe they were shopping Culver prior to the draft.

D'Angelo/Beas/Okogie/Herngome/KAT

I think that's going to be opening night if everybody is healthy. I hear you on the D issue. That's something they may not be able to hide an entire game.

What did you think of Naz Reid?

D'Angelo/Beas/Okogie/Herngome/KAT

I think that's going to be opening night if everybody is healthy. I hear you on the D issue. That's something they may not be able to hide an entire game.

What did you think of Naz Reid?
Naz played really well for being a non-drafted rookie. He's never going to be a high caliber starting center, but he can carve out a role as a good backup guy. He and Jordan McLaughlin were good pickups by Rosa's.

ADVERTISEMENT