ADVERTISEMENT

Which games are you looking forward to the most?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I'm assuming everyone knows their OOC schedule....and others.

Any match up's you're really looking forward to?

After the last years asswhooping in the Champions Classic, I'm looking forward to preseason #1 MSU in the same tournament. Also, looking forward to rolling into Texas Tech. *Id still rather it be AFH

Last edited:
For Texas

1. Georgetown - First game of the tournament. Big East schools for the most part are well coached. Reason why the Big 12 created the challenge with the conference.
Need to win to play Duke or California. Really want Texas to win this tournament

2. Purdue- Good early season test. Played one of the best games of the year last year in Austin

3. LSU- Big 12/SEC challenge

4. Texas A&M nice warmup game for the season. Get to play this the same weekend as Big 12 Championship Game

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
12/3 Vs Florida State
12/10 Vs UConn
Vs Princeton (TBA)

FSU game should be a really, really good gauge as to where we are...Glad its at home.

12/3 Vs Florida State
12/10 Vs UConn
Vs Princeton (TBA)

FSU game should be a really, really good gauge as to where we are...Glad its at home.

b7c37_1379704484_triple_l_logo_pms_491.jpg

I was more curious as to why you are excited about Princeton
I like their style. Its a good test. Princeton should be rather decent this year. Good, OOC game.

Plus it was them, Notre Dame, or Portland State-.....So.....

Home opener against UVA.

Both teams are young/inexperienced. It's a chance to gauge the talent level. And a win to start the season, against the defending champs would garner some early season attention and maybe some favorable poll treatment.

Reactions: jhmossy
For Duke, certainly MSU and Kansas. Elsewhere around the country, I'll say:

Michigan State vs. Kansas (hopefully) in the Maui Invitational
Memphis at Tennessee
Iowa State at Oregon State
West Virginia at Pittsburgh
Virginia at Purdue
Kansas at Villanova
North Carolina at Gonzaga
Georgia at Arizona State
Illinois at Arizona
Syracuse at Georgetown
Oregon at Michigan
Maryland at Seton Hall
Kentucky at Texas Tech
Baylor at Florida
LSU at Texas

Some Mid-Major Love:
Saint Mary's vs. Wisconsin
New Mexico State at Arizona
Utah State vs. Florida
Western Kentucky vs. Louisville
Utah State at Saint Mary's
NC State at UNC Greensboro
Belmont at Western Kentucky

Home opener against UVA.

Both teams are young/inexperienced. It's a chance to gauge the talent level. And a win to start the season, against the defending champs would garner some early season attention and maybe some favorable poll treatment.

Still can't believe we lost that 2016 Elite 8 game. Hurts a lot less now though.

Heckuva game. Excited to see the rematch.

Curious, do you have a rough idea of who starts for UVA? On paper, I would assume Clark, Morsell, Key, Diakite, and Huff are the 5 best players. But would Bennett play Key, Diakite, and Huff together?

Reactions: jhmossy
Heckuva game. Excited to see the rematch.

Curious, do you have a rough idea of who starts for UVA? On paper, I would assume Clark, Morsell, Key, Diakite, and Huff are the 5 best players. But would Bennett play Key, Diakite, and Huff together?

I could see Woldetensae getting the nod over Morsell but reports on Morsell are that he's our best defender as a first year we've ever had. I would love to see us go big at times with Key, Diakite, and Huff but I doubt it happens too often. Bennett likes to have multiple ball handlers so it would not surprise me if Clark, Morsell, Woldetensae, Key and Diakite are the starters. We also just lost Badocchi off the team too so we'll see how that impacts our depth.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Just realized we play Arkansas, at home. Jesus. We've played them more the past year, than we have the past 100..Or so it seems. That should be a solid test. But who knows with their new coach. Arky's got some dudes that can play.

Looking forward to kicking the shite out of all those Dukies who spurned KU on the recruiting trail.

And showing Mich St what’s up again.

Just realized we play Arkansas, at home. Jesus. We've played them more the past year, than we have the past 100..Or so it seems. That should be a solid test. But who knows with their new coach. Arky's got some dudes that can play.
yeah, play in bud walton arena, I'm sure they're not going to be intimidated walkin in Assembly.

yeah, play in bud walton arena, I'm sure they're not going to be intimidated walkin in Assembly.
Well considering they played at Bloomington last year, I doubt they will. IU played at Bud Walton. Lost by one. Missed a damn bunny that would have won the game...Oh well.

A few..
Champions Classic
Georgetown/Texas
OkSt/Cuse
BYU/UCLA ..
All of Maui, actually
KSU/Pitt
Butler/Mizzery
Oklahoma/Stanford
Battle 4 Atlantis
TTech/Iowa