ADVERTISEMENT

Which do you prefer.

I am guessing if you experienced a football natty before you would want a basketball natty. Vice verses perhaps if you had experienced a basketball natty. I have experienced a football one in person. Would like a basketball one

Lol. You've come to the right place. Seeing how the vast Majority of us are unc, Kentucky, Kansas or Duke fans with a few fly by SEC team of the year posters.
Are the vast majority of the fans here supporters of those teams…? Tons of Big Ten fans on this board.

Anyway, Illinois has a solid claim to being the best program without a Natty, with 5 Final Fours and 3 close misses (most recently the 2005 squad) … so easily a hoops NC for me. I’d be glad just to consistently win 6 games in football, lol.

Reactions: cdbearde
Are the vast majority of the fans here supporters of those teams…? Tons of Big Ten fans on this board.

Anyway, Illinois has a solid claim to being the best program without a Natty, with 5 Final Fours and 3 close misses (most recently the 2005 squad) … so easily a hoops NC for me. I’d be glad just to consistently win 6 games in football, lol.
I took his reply as teams, not conferences. If you are talking conferences, then you have good point. 😉

I personally care more about hoops and I love our title but if UVA won a football title, the heads of VT fans would absolutely explode. They have zero NCAA championships (tied with Kansas State for DFL) but they think our 30 championships are meaningless because none of them are in football. **** those losers.

Football, cause that is just the way we roll around here.

Football carries more weight. More money in the sport. Bigger impact.

winning March madness in Basketball is way more fun tho. Nothing like it.

pie graph of 60/40 to football I’d say. But when you win a basketball one, it’s more special.

I would take either at this point. Our last basketball title was 1989 and our last in football is 1997.

The older I get though I'm content with just being competitive in the B1G and maybe winning it every few years. There's only one national champion vs 100+ schools, not good odds :)

Football titles mean more in the grand scheme of college sports. That said, its much harder to win a title in basketball than football. No doubt about it.

I’d prefer football because people actually care about football. College basketball has like 500k people who care and that’s it.

I’d prefer football because people actually care about football. College basketball has like 500k people who care and that’s it.
Considering that 18 million watched the championship game, I’m thinking it’s a little higher than that.

Who cares anyway? Should I want to see a shitty Michael Bay movie because it’s popular among the masses?

Kentucky has twice that number who live by basketball. We actually buy tickets to games.

Of course we love football also.
Cuse is usually competing with Kentucky for the basketball attendance crown but I’d still prefer to see the football program get back to the mountain top.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'll take either, but I prefer bball, so will say an another basketball natty..

Cuse is usually competing with Kentucky for the basketball attendance crown but I’d still prefer to see the football program get back to the mountain top.
Probably more so with UT now that our capacity has been cut down due to renovations.

We're almost UL level now.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Should have a good chance to win the Big 10 anyway. Doesn't look like they'll have any elite competition.

Depending on who returns we might be top 5 preseason in both. Not that it matters because we were top 5 in basketball last year and sucked but w/e.

Alex I will take, "questions you don't ask Indiana fans" for a $1000.

I personally care more about hoops and I love our title but if UVA won a football title, the heads of VT fans would absolutely explode. They have zero NCAA championships (tied with Kansas State for DFL) but they think our 30 championships are meaningless because none of them are in football. **** those losers.

VT has never won a team national title in any sport?! Holy hell.

I’d like a basketball one for FSU much more than another in football.

VT has never won a team national title in any sport?! Holy hell.

Virginia Tech teams have never won an NCAA championship, but individual athletes from the program have won 18 individual national titles in various track and field events and in wrestling. Though not affiliated with the NCAA, Virginia Tech won the 2007 national championship of bass fishing. 😂😂😂

Virginia Tech teams have never won an NCAA championship, but individual athletes from the program have won 18 individual national titles in various track and field events and in wrestling. Though not affiliated with the NCAA, Virginia Tech won the 2007 national championship of bass fishing. 😂😂😂

Poor NC State. I didn’t realize they had competition for Bass Fishing dominance.

wvZRqtI.gif

Tell me more about this pig skin..

(This would not have been my answer pre mbb 2021-22)

ADVERTISEMENT