ADVERTISEMENT

Which conference losses the most first round games?

I have the ACC losing the most, with notable upsets to Miami and Clemson... But I guess I have the Big 12 with the worst winning percentage among the 4 conferences with 6+ bids.

Big East: 5-1
SEC: 5-3
ACC: 4-5
Big 12: 3-4

Big 10: 3-1
American: Athletic: 2-1
A-10: 2-1
MWC: 1-1
Pac-12: 1-2

giphy.gif

Despite recent tourney success I'm gonna go with the SEC.

Some pretty absurd travel distances to game sites for that conference as a whole. Auburn and Kentucky in particular(the conference regular season and tourney champs) are traveling 4000 miles combined between them.

I get Kentucky getting shipped as a five seed. I thought auburn had earned a little bit closer site than that though.

Auburn is also banged up. Missouri has a guy suspended. Florida hasn't actually been healthy all season and is completely dependent on jumpers.

Tennessee is the only team I see making any kind of run this year.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
The ACC has a good chance just because we have the most teams. Also, 3 of the 9 are in 8/9 games (always a crapshoot) and Miami, Clemson, and UVA all have key guys out with injury.

Probably whomever has the most teams. I have no confidence in big 12 in the tourney. They never seem to play like they do against us.

Despite recent tourney success I'm gonna go with the SEC.

Some pretty absurd travel distances to game sites for that conference as a whole. Auburn and Kentucky in particular(the conference regular season and tourney champs) are traveling 4000 miles combined between them.

I get Kentucky getting shipped as a five seed. I thought auburn had earned a little bit closer site than that though.

Auburn is also banged up. Missouri has a guy suspended. Florida hasn't actually been healthy all season and is completely dependent on jumpers.

Tennessee is the only team I see making any kind of run this year.
Texas A&M could be scary.

I think the sec is going to be hit hard.
Usually it is the Big 12.

I think the SEC has three teams in the NCAA that don't deserve it. Alabama is below 500. Missouri without Michael does not deserve to be in. Arkansas can lose to anyone. Tennessee looked pretty good today.

However, Oklahoma sucks and they have already proven it today. Kansas has sucked so far.

Usually it is the Big 12.

I think the SEC has three teams in the NCAA that don't deserve it. Alabama is below 500. Missouri without Michael does not deserve to be in. Arkansas can lose to anyone. Tennessee looked pretty good today.

However, Oklahoma sucks and they have already proven it today. Kansas has sucked so far.

A 10 seed losing in OT is just devastating, isn't it?

Probably whomever has the most teams. I have no confidence in big 12 in the tourney. They never seem to play like they do against us.

Can't put it all on the rest of the league. Kansas has had plenty of ncaa tourney let downs too.

right now the SEC is 3-0
i look for Auburn to be the first SEC team to lose

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT