ADVERTISEMENT

Which coach will win 1st title next?

This is too painful, but if Mack gets the right circumstances in the tournament which you know they will, he could win it all. I’ve rooted for few a couple of times especially against duke, only to be disappointed like a big 10 fan time and time again.

Probably Few but obviously I hope we win the ship next season.

I bet...

I like Beard. Just not 100% sold on his approach. He got some "lightning in a bottle" via the JUCO, and transfer route the past two seasons. I'm curious to see how he and TTU respond this year.

Not having a player like Jarrett Culver will be a bigger issue.

Chris Beard had his chance but DeAndre Hunter was more impactful than Culver.

Is Florida expected to that good?

Yes.
Florida will be a pre-season top 10 team with maybe two or more future NBA players (i.e, #1 SF Scottie Lewis) on their team. The Gators recently landed #1 transfer C Kerry Blackshear who will make an instant impact in the front-court. UF also returns three sophmore starters from last season: PG Andrew Nembhard (3rd in the SEC with assists), SG Noah Locke (5th in SEC w/3-pointers made) and PF/SF Keyontae Johnson (12th in rebounds).

Coach White has led Florida to three straight NCAA trips (including the 2017 Elite8) and two 2nd places finishes in the SEC in the last three years. This next UF team is White's best and most complete team yet. Mike White has only been coaching for about 6-7 years (5th season with the Gators). Just making it to the Final4 and/or winning the SEC would be a great goal next season.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Based on next season, Mack, Few or White.

Mack and Few have been coaching a lot of good basketball teams over the years and so have more experience than White. However next season, White will have a pretty good squad himself with Florida and we'll see what happens.

Then you also have the recent coaches who have made it to the last Final4:
Texas Tech's Chris Beard and Auburn's Bruce Pearl.

Last edited:
Yes.
Florida will be a pre-season top 10 team with maybe two or more future NBA players (i.e, #1 SF Scottie Lewis) on their team. The Gators recently landed #1 transfer C Kerry Blackshear who will make an instant impact in the front-court. UF also returns three sophmore starters from last season: PG Andrew Nembhard (3rd in the SEC with assists), SG Noah Locke (5th in SEC w/3-pointers made) and PF/SF Keyontae Johnson (12th in rebounds).

Coach White has led Florida to three straight NCAA trips (including the 2017 Elite8) and two 2nd places finishes in the SEC in the last three years. This next UF team is White's best and most complete team yet. Mike White has only been coaching for about 6-7 years (5th season with the Gators). Just making it to the Final4 and/or winning the SEC would be a great goal next season.
Knew about Blackshear. Totally forgot about Lewis. Also didn't realize though UF returned 3 starters.. Should be a good year.

Yeah, Culver was an Oladipo type of find.

Culver had attention.
Like I have said before most of the programs in Texas knew about Culver.

Texas wanted him over Jase Febres and Febres was rated higher.
He was from Lubbock. Put him in Dallas or Houston and he would have been more well known.
Just didn't get the national attention.
Most of the programs in Texas and Oklahoma knew who he was.

Not taking anything away from Beard because he knows how to build a team. But...
Culver was all location.

I still think he can make some deep runs into the tournament but it will be hard to do what he did last year without another high end lottery pick like Culver.
Culver is an elite 2 way guard. Going to make a lot of money playing defense in the NBA.

His game reminds me a lot of James Harden.
Don't know if he ever reaches that level but he could be the steal of the draft.
People could be asking why didn't the NY Knicks draft Culver.
Especially with more space on the court and refs who blow the whistle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT