ADVERTISEMENT

Which Active NBA player has best chance at all time top 10?

You are from Indiana....

No one is saying Reggie Miller is an all time great.
Reggie was just as dangerous without the ball as Curry

I used to love watching Reggie play because Reggie would have players exhausted and he hadn't even touched the ball.

Same thing as Curry. But Curry has another player like him in Klay Thompson.

Just image Reggie with a player like Klay Thompson around him.

There are some things I think he was better than Curry at

Yet you are only looking at a small part of basketball
Sure....Tell ya what....I'll give you Green, and he cannot touch the ball. You give me Curry. Lets see who impacts the game more...

BTW, what [small] part of basketball do you think I'm talking about? Also, you do realize how much a player like Curry opens up the game----right?

Now if ya wanna add defense----fine. Greens a better defender...Certainly can impact the game there...But Curry ain't chopped liver----led the NBA in steals in 2016. In 2015 he ranked 5th among PG's in defensive real plus-minus...

I'd happily give you a guy like Green....take a guy like Curry, with neither able to touch the ball, and see who has the most impact....

You are from Indiana....

No one is saying Reggie Miller is an all time great.
Reggie was just as dangerous without the ball as Curry

I used to love watching Reggie play because Reggie would have players exhausted and he hadn't even touched the ball.

Same thing as Curry. But Curry has another player like him in Klay Thompson.

Just image Reggie with a player like Klay Thompson around him.

There are some things I think he was better than Curry at
Huh? What relevance does any of this have? Dude you could put Curry on ANY team,and he's gonna demand the same attention.

Sure....Tell ya what....I'll give you Green, and he cannot touch the ball. You give me Curry. Lets see who impacts the game more...

BTW, what [small] part of basketball do you think I'm talking about? Also, you do realize how much a player like Curry opens up the game----right?

Now if ya wanna add defense----fine. Greens a better defender...Certainly can impact the game there...But Curry ain't chopped liver----led the NBA in steals in 2016. In 2015 he ranked 5th among PG's in defensive real plus-minus...

I'd happily give you a guy like Green....take a guy like Curry, with neither able to touch the ball, and see who has the most impact....

Green setting a pick has a lot more of an impact than if Curry sets one.

A lot of what Green does allows Curry and Klay Thompson to have the space.
I know they are great at moving without the ball but those screens are a large part of what the Warriors do.

NBA is all about promoting players....

Curry is the easiest guy to promote from that team

But the Warriors play team basketball. They are a great team to watch for people to learn about the game and to understand how to make life tough on defenses.

Reason why I am against promoting Curry as if it is all Steph Curry and the rest of the players aren't playing a large part....

Curry has all those things and he still has zero chance of ever being considered a top 10 player of all time IMO. He's not going to win another MVP and I seriously doubt he's going to win another title. He's never been a Finals MVP so his 3 NBA championships only give him so much juice when it comes to top 10 players of all time.

His 3 titles don't stack up to guys like Magic or Bird. Or anyone else in the top 10 and even some guys considered outside/borderline top 10 like Kobe.

Simply put, you need to win Finals MVP, not just championships, to be considered a top 10 of all time. Curry isn't even close to that status.

Luka has a shot to get there. Don't see anyone else in the league getting there unless you think Durant is going to bounce back from his injury to where he was pre-injury.

MJ: 6 FMVP
Kareem: 2 FMVP
Lebron: 3 FMVP
Magic: 3 FMVP
Wilt: 1 FMVP (award didn't exist until 1969)
Russell: award didn't exist, but is now named after him
Hakeem: 2 FMVP
Shaq: 3 FMVP
Bird: 2 FMVP
Duncan: 3 FMVP
Kobe: 2 FMVP

Curry: 0 FMVP

Steph has ZERO chance of cracking the top 10 all time. He shouldn't even be mentioned.

I think Russell would have won 8 0r 9 finals MVP awards if they had existed throughout his career. In his rookie year finals he sprinted full court to block what would have been the winning layup on an outlet pass, it's still among the most impressive defensive plays in NBA history. The coach of The St. Louis hawks who were loaded with all stars seemed bitter when he said, we had the best team, all they had was Russell.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
One of the first NBA memories I have is of the 1969 NBA Finals

No one gave them any shot at all against the Lakers.

Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain were suppose to roll over the Celtics

Bill Russell showed the heart of a champion
Walked away from the NBA as the greatest champion ever in one of the biggest upsets in NBA Finals history

Green setting a pick has a lot more of an impact than if Curry sets one.

A lot of what Green does allows Curry and Klay Thompson to have the space.
I know they are great at moving without the ball but those screens are a large part of what the Warriors do.
Really? So if Green sets a pick for lets say, well, anyone----as a defender, you need to worry about staying w/Green to protect against his offense(shooting/driving/passing), more so than Curry?

Gotcha. Laughing

Reactions: redraider1212
One of the first NBA memories I have is of the 1969 NBA Finals

No one gave them any shot at all against the Lakers.

Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain were suppose to roll over the Celtics

Bill Russell showed the heart of a champion
Walked away from the NBA as the greatest champion ever in one of the biggest upsets in NBA Finals history
I wasn't born yet---but as a basketball nut/history buff, I have read a ton about on this series. Though the Celts were ageing, there was 6 future HOF'ers on that team...

Sidenote: Russell was also the fukin coach...Laughing

NBA is all about promoting players....

Curry is the easiest guy to promote from that team

But the Warriors play team basketball. They are a great team to watch for people to learn about the game and to understand how to make life tough on defenses.

Reason why I am against promoting Curry as if it is all Steph Curry and the rest of the players aren't playing a large part....
Never said it was all Curry----Its not. BUt Curry garners more attention(than Green). He just does. Not only that, when they run Curry throug the lane---man it opens up the entire floor. Curry is just as dangerous as a "decoy", than he is as the primary target. You put Curry on the same side as any post player, and its a headache. Esp if said big is a decent passer...You cannot double. Not even from the weak side. Impossible. Curry opens up the game for the Warriors...Simple facts.

Not exactly because the Warriors had major issues with Curry for about 5-6 seasons.
What changed the Warriors wasn't as much Curry as was Steve Kerr.

You are throwing all the credit towards one player in a system not built around one player but an entire team.

Watch the Warriors in 2012 and 2013
Compare that to the Warriors in 2015 and 2016

I watch the warriors probably 40 games per regular season. Trust me, I’ve seen the games. It’s called building a team. Just like it took a while for MJ and the Bulls to be built. Just like it took a while for any team to be built. You don’t go from 25 wins to 73 wins in one season.

If you want to give anyone credit besides Curry, give it to Bob Meyers. He came on board in 2012 and immediately recognized that Curry is the guy who needed to be built around. He hired the coach to best execute the system that would unleash Curry. He drafted players who could fill roles around Curry.

They didn’t suddenly draft Green and then become champs. It was building for a while. You clearly didn’t watch as much of the Warriors as you claim. What happened the first time Monta Ellis was hurt and they started Curry? He exploded.

Remember it wasn’t Curry’s team in the first year or two. It was Ellis’ team. Go back read the articles from when they traded Ellis away. The Warriors were universally panned as getting worked over in the trade. But they knew what they had with Curry.

Like I said...
Watch the Warriors when Mark Jackson was the coach and compare that to when Steve Kerr was the coach.
Again, apples to oranges...Coaches are different. Players remain the same. Joe Biden could be the coach, and Curry is stil gonna be Curry. He's still gonna be a dude you have to know where he is at, at all times...

This is copy/pasted from an article right after the 2012 trade of Ellis to the Bucks:

“Golden State Warriors
Outcome: Losers

The Warriors addressed the quest to finally add a talented big man in Andrew Bogut, but the team did so at a monumental cost.

Bogut will slide in nicely and complement David Lee well when the center is able to return to action, but the big man won't replace the offense nor the perimeter shooting that Monta Ellis brought to the fold.

Ekpe Udoh has really been playing well of late, and to lose him in the deal is tough, as Golden State is really banking on Bogut in a big way for this trade to make any sort of sense for the long haul.

It's difficult to understand what the vision in the Warriors' front office is at this time”

Was Kevin Durant a role player? He won the other 2 MVP's.

Also, it was criminal that Steph wasn't named MVP of the 2015 Finals. He avg 26ppg for the series...Led GS in scoring 5 of the 6 games(Iggy tied him for game high honors twice). Iggy was lauded by Stein for his defense on LBJ, as to why he voted for him....Yeah Marc, that :"D" by Iggy held LeBron to a series avg of 35ppg... Laughing

You sure are full of a lot of excuses why steph never won a FMVP. At the end of the day none of your excuses matter. Top 10 players of all time win FMVP awards. Not award, but awards as in more than one. They sure don't need to look for excuses to explain away seasons where they came up short.

The fact that people are even able to debate Steph Curry shows that he isn't worthy of consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT