ADVERTISEMENT

Where have all the Duke fans gone?

Yes, I know her. She taught at my alma mater and it's the same high school the kid (now her husband) went to. He's actually a good friend's cousin. They have 3 kids together now.

tenor.gif

Also, so you work for the Bengals?
No, I just have friends on staff and volunteer to help out sometimes. Gets me all access to the stadium, locker room, catered food, free swag, etc. Beats the hell out of paying for any of it. I can't imagine how much sideline seats (actually sitting on the bench) would cost. 😆

Side note: Most of those particular photos are from the Miami game in 2019, 2nd to last game of the season. Bengals were down by 16 points with under 30 seconds left in the game. Then they converted on 4th down to get a TD and the 2-pt conversion. Recovered the onside kick and eventually converted a 25 yard TD pass as time expired. Dalton ran in another 2 point conversation to send it to OT. Being on the Bengals sideline for that was absolutely insane. I high-fived Dalton as he came off the field. I don't think a team could ever be more pumped up than that, especially when you are 1-13 and have not had much to cheer about all year. Anyway, fast forward to overtime. The first 4 drives produced nothing and Miami ended up kicking the game-winning FG on the 5th drive of OT as time expired. It was a bummer at the time, but it was a meaningless game really and the silver lining was the loss clinched the #1 pick in the draft (Joe Burrow). Look where they are 2 years later. 😎 I was in Oakland 5 weeks prior to that Miami game and was out with Duke Tobin the night before the game. They were 0-9 at this point and I asked him who they were going to take if they got the #1 pick. He wouldn't tip his hand though. 😆I think he made the right choice and has made a lot of the right choices in that department including Ja'Marr Chase and Evan McPherson this past season. They are near the top of the league in cap space going into next season because they are so young and most of their studs are still on rookie contracts where they can't break the bank. Time to use some early round picks on the O-line to keep Burrow around for awhile and get busy in free agency and I think they have the potential to stay in contention for a long time. Cincinnati was a place where nobody wanted to play for the past 30+ years, but that tide is turning.

No, I just have friends on staff and volunteer to help out sometimes. Gets me all access to the stadium, locker room, catered food, free swag, etc. Beats the hell out of paying for any of it. I can't imagine how much sideline seats (actually sitting on the bench) would cost. 😆

Side note: Most of those particular photos are from the Miami game in 2019, 2nd to last game of the season. Bengals were down by 16 points with under 30 seconds left in the game. Then they converted on 4th down to get a TD and the 2-pt conversion. Recovered the onside kick and eventually converted a 25 yard TD pass as time expired. Dalton ran in another 2 point conversation to send it to OT. Being on the Bengals sideline for that was absolutely insane. I high-fived Dalton as he came off the field. I don't think a team could ever be more pumped up than that, especially when you are 1-13 and have not had much to cheer about all year. Anyway, fast forward to overtime. The first 4 drives produced nothing and Miami ended up kicking the game-winning FG on the 5th drive of OT as time expired. It was a bummer at the time, but it was a meaningless game really and the silver lining was the loss clinched the #1 pick in the draft (Joe Burrow). Look where they are 2 years later. 😎 I was in Oakland 5 weeks prior to that Miami game and was out with Duke Tobin the night before the game. They were 0-9 at this point and I asked him who they were going to take if they got the #1 pick. He wouldn't tip his hand though. 😆I think he made the right choice and has made a lot of the right choices in that department including Ja'Marr Chase and Evan McPherson this past season. They are near the top of the league in cap space going into next season because they are so young and most of their studs are still on rookie contracts where they can't break the bank. Time to use some early round picks on the O-line to keep Burrow around for awhile and get busy in free agency and I think they have the potential to stay in contention for a long time. Cincinnati was a place where nobody wanted to play for the past 30+ years, but that tide is turning.
yeah they need to spend all the money on the OL.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
@Kevin Bryan

You wouldn’t have any connections to the Ben”gals” by chance? Particularly that one that was a teacher a few years ago?
Yes, I know her. She taught at my alma mater and it's the same high school the kid (now her husband) went to. He's actually a good friend's cousin. They have 3 kids together now.
Tell me more.
I'm getting MILF/TILF vibes here.

Back in your day nobody would've blinked an eye at that, would they Bert? Girls getting married and having kids at 15-16 years old. Crazy stuff.
I don't know. I married an older woman.

In Kentucky you had to have her/his parents permission to marry an under aged girl/guy.

Now, having sex with an underaged guy/gal is okay. Back in my day you would face prison.

Now in your "day" it is easy to do illegal stuff and never get in trouble. o_O

In Kentucky you had to have her/his parents permission to marry an under aged girl/guy.

Now, having sex with an underaged guy/gal is okay. Back in my day you would face prison.

I think that is bacwards, Bert....

Bert likes the older gals!!!

I don't know how to tell others, this is a big ****ing deal. I've remembered/witnessed 3 national championships for Duke... I haven't seen the Bengals win a playoff game ever until this year. The fact that we are in the super bowl is almost unreal. We're winning the whole ****ing thing. I hope the Rams get AIDS.
Sorry T but daddy Stafford is dragging his schlong all over the Bengals. Lightning isn't going to strike twice with Tannehill throwing 3 terrible interceptions at the worst possible time in the Divisional Round and Mahomes turning into Sam Darnold in the 2nd half last week.

Every podcast and NFL sharp on Twitter is recommending betting the Bengals too +4.5

The Bengals would be the worst power rated team to win a Superbowl ever I think, it'd be the ultimate Cinderella story.

Sorry T but daddy Stafford is dragging his schlong all over the Bengals. Lightning isn't going to strike twice with Tannehill throwing 3 terrible interceptions at the worst possible time in the Divisional Round and Mahomes turning into Sam Darnold in the 2nd half last week.

Every podcast and NFL sharp on Twitter is recommending betting the Bengals too +4.5

The Bengals would be the worst power rated team to win a Superbowl ever I think, it'd be the ultimate Cinderella story.

Stafford literally threw the worst ball of all time down 3 in the 4th quarter. If the potato 49er doesn't drop it they probably win the game. Rams are favorites for a reason but Burrow >>>>>> Stafford.

Reactions: tw3301
Stafford literally threw the worst ball of all time down 3 in the 4th quarter. If the potato 49er doesn't drop it they probably win the game. Rams are favorites for a reason but Burrow >>>>>> Stafford.
I think there was miscommunication there with his WRs but that could have definitely been a costly throw. The Rams still had plenty of time after that to get a stop and get the ball back though to win.

You can't just use one bad throw and say Burrow >>>>>> Stafford when all the stats say otherwise. The Bengals have won in spite of Burrow this postseason with solid defense, timely turnovers and their lights out FG kicker.

What about the clutch Stafford throws to Kupp to beat the Bucs the week before and prevent OT?

Burrow this postseason has the 6th worst QBR even behind Jimmy G with a strainer shoulder. Stafford has the 3rd best QBR behind Allen and Mahomes.

Stafford had the 4th best QBR in the regular season this year behind Brady, Rodgers and Herbert.

Stafford has the most game winning drives in the NFL since 2010 too.

I like Burrow, I think he's going to be special but the Rams have the QB edge here.

I like Burrow, I think he's going to be special but the Rams have the QB edge here.
The bignish kiss of death! The Rams have the Cooper Kupp edge, he's the one that made Stafford look so good this year, especially after gaining 8 billion yards after the catch on 3 yard dump-offs all season. He also has a waaaaaay better O-line (Whitworth should still be a Bengal 🤬). Burrow can't carry all the weight on his shoulders when he has less than 2 seconds to throw the ball the majority of the time he drops back. Bengals line is soft as baby shit. Aaron Donald may single-handedly get 17 sacks on Burrow.

I think there was miscommunication there with his WRs but that could have definitely been a costly throw. The Rams still had plenty of time after that to get a stop and get the ball back though to win.

You can't just use one bad throw and say Burrow >>>>>> Stafford when all the stats say otherwise. The Bengals have won in spite of Burrow this postseason with solid defense, timely turnovers and their lights out FG kicker.

What about the clutch Stafford throws to Kupp to beat the Bucs the week before and prevent OT?

Burrow this postseason has the 6th worst QBR even behind Jimmy G with a strainer shoulder. Stafford has the 3rd best QBR behind Allen and Mahomes.

Stafford had the 4th best QBR in the regular season this year behind Brady, Rodgers and Herbert.

you have the worst takes ever, in spite of Burrow is insane, in spite of their offensive line would be accurate. Bucs should have never been in that game except the Rams just pissed down their leg and then the Bucs decided to leave possibly the best WR in the NFC wide open so Stafford is now "clutch."

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

The fact you think they've won in spite of Burrow is hilarious. That's asinine. Burrow wasn't great against KC but still was a huge reason they advanced. Was awesome against the Raiders and Titans. QBR is about as worthless as PFF rating who has Burrow ranked #1 or #2. He's a better QB than Stafford and every single person in the NFL would agree.

Now does that means the Bengals are gonna win? Of course not. The Rams are a tough matchup. Their strengths are the Bengals weaknesses.

The bignish kiss of death! The Rams have the Cooper Kupp edge, he's the one that made Stafford look so good this year, especially after gaining 8 billion yards after the catch on 3 yard dump-offs all season. He also has a waaaaaay better O-line (Whitworth should still be a Bengal 🤬).
So Stafford gets no credit at all for Kupp making a massive leap this year from how he was producing the year before when he was a co #1 with Robert Woods? These two have amazing chemistry that they developed in the offseason and its translated to to regular season and postseason this year. Kupp's always been a route running savant with great hands but having a QB like Stafford has unlocked him and taken him to the next level. Kupp has been huge for Stafford as well.

Look at Odell with Stafford now vs him with Baker, look at Golladay and Tate with Daniel Jones vs him with Stafford, look at Marvin Jones with Stafford vs him with Lawrence, etc. etc.

That's what a good QB does, he elevates the talent around him and puts his skill players in position to succeed.

Ja'Marr Chase gets credit too for how well Burrow has played, how many yards has he gained off of simple screen passes that he's taken for house calls or big chunk gains? :)

you have the worst takes ever, in spite of Burrow is insane, in spite of their offensive line would be accurate. Bucs should have never been in that game except the Rams just pissed down their leg and then the Bucs decided to leave possibly the best WR in the NFC wide open so Stafford is now "clutch."
By definition, the QB is going to play a large role in any team's win yet but he haven't seen Burrow play a good let alone great game yet for his standards. Dude has 4 TDs in 3 games with 2 INTs and 12 sacks taken in the postseason.

The Bengals O Line sucks but Burrow still has taken some bad sacks especially in that Titans game. Dude just hasn't played that well in the postseason, which is to be expected since the defenses are better and he's not Allen or Mahomes but even for his standards he's been subpar. You wouldn't be settling for a million McPherson FGs in these playoff games if the Bengals were scoring TDs instead, part of that is on Taylor's play calling and part of that is on Burrow.

I'm not insulting him, I know he's awesome but I was commenting on how shocking it is that the Bengals have won 3 games without him having to put the team on his back for any of them let alone all of them. What he did vs the Ravens and Chiefs to end the regular season was incredible and he hasn't come close to his level of play in those games.

His clutch runs to evade Chris Jones in that 2nd half to move the chains were definitely impressive. He definitely has that "it" factor and he's in the SB now. Better to keep winning knowing you can play better.

I'm not sure what your point was about the Rams almost blowing that game. Is it Stafford's fault that Kupp fumbled, Akers fumbled twice and the center snapped the ball way over his head? Bucs blitzed at the end to see if they could get a timely strip sack and they paid the price. Stafford annihilates the blitz and Kupp knows how to get open vs it. Most QBs don't have the guts to make that throw and would just play it safe and do some dumpoffs to see if their RB or WR can break one and if not settle for OT.

Stafford has the most game winning drives amongst QBs since 2009 amigo, that's what he does. He is absolutely clutch and has ice water in his veins. He just happened to play for the Lions so no one cared and it didn't matter in the end.

The fact you think they've won in spite of Burrow is hilarious. That's asinine. Burrow wasn't great against KC but still was a huge reason they advanced. Was awesome against the Raiders and Titans. QBR is about as worthless as PFF rating who has Burrow ranked #1 or #2. He's a better QB than Stafford and every single person in the NFL would agree.
He was "awesome" against the Raiders and Titans? Wait are you serious? He had 2 TDs combined in both of those games and took like 11 sacks. Sacks are a partial QB stat, I could give two shits if the Bengals O Line is literally the worst unit in the league, taking 9 sacks in a game is egregious.

Great that you're lauding your opinion that Burrow is better than Stafford right now as universal fact. I'm guessing the NFL community is split on that. You must think Stafford is Sam Darnold or something lol.

Which QB would I rather have over the next 5 years? Burrow hands down due to what he's shown and age. Stafford has recurring injury issues and is in the back end of his prime.

Which QB would you rather have for next week's Superbowl? Reasonable minds can differ and the only crazy take is to think that one of them is on a different level than the other.

He was "awesome" against the Raiders and Titans? Wait are you serious? He had 2 TDs combined in both of those games and took like 11 sacks. Sacks are a partial QB stat, I could give two shits if the Bengals O Line is literally the worst unit in the league, taking 9 sacks in a game is egregious.

Great that you're lauding your opinion that Burrow is better than Stafford right now as universal fact. I'm guessing the NFL community is split on that. You must think Stafford is Sam Darnold or something lol.

Which QB would I rather have over the next 5 years? Burrow hands down due to what he's shown and age. Stafford has recurring injury issues and is in the back end of his prime.

Which QB would you rather have for next week's Superbowl? Reasonable minds can differ and the only crazy take is to think that one of them is on a different level than the other.

Damn I didn't realize touchdowns were the only measurement. Burrow threw for 350 yards against Tennessee while getting sacked every other play. Does he deserve some blame? Sure. But the Bengals OL is literally not replacement tier yet they are in the Super Bowl. Stafford is a very good QB, he ain't Burrow. The only craze take is that the Bengals are in the Super Bowl in spite of Burrow. That's a shit take by someone full of them.

What AFC North team are you a fan of? Because you gotta be one to be hating on Burrow like you have.

Last edited:
So Stafford gets no credit at all for Kupp making a massive leap this year from how he was producing the year before when he was a co #1 with Robert Woods? These two have amazing chemistry that they developed in the offseason and its translated to to regular season and postseason this year. Kupp's always been a route running savant with great hands but having a QB like Stafford has unlocked him and taken him to the next level. Kupp has been huge for Stafford as well.

Look at Odell with Stafford now vs him with Baker, look at Golladay and Tate with Daniel Jones vs him with Stafford, look at Marvin Jones with Stafford vs him with Lawrence, etc. etc.

That's what a good QB does, he elevates the talent around him and puts his skill players in position to succeed.

Ja'Marr Chase gets credit too for how well Burrow has played, how many yards has he gained off of simple screen passes that he's taken for house calls or big chunk gains? :)
Massive leap? That's a stretch. Kupp was 12th in yardage and 2nd in touchdowns in 2019. He averaged over 1,000 yards in each of the 3 full seasons prior to Stafford showing up with Goff throwing him the ball (only played in 8 games in 2018). He ran away with it this year because he had 191 targets, which is by far the most in his career (134 in 2019) and also far more than anyone else in the NFL this season. Chase gets yards after the catch too but he's not a slot receiver. Yeah, there is a screen here and there, but he's the guy Burrow is hitting on long-range bombs much more often than dump and runs.

Damn I didn't realize touchdowns were the only measurement. Burrow threw for 350 yards against Tennessee while getting sacked every other play. Does he deserve some blame? Sure. But the Bengals OL is literally not replacement tier yet they are in the Super Bowl. Stafford is a very good QB, he ain't Burrow. The only craze take is that the Bengals are in the Super Bowl in spite of Burrow. That's a shit take by someone full of them.
TDs aren't the only measurement but its a better measure than simply looking at passing yards. You realized since he was pressured and sacked so much, Burrow was constantly in long down and distance where he was forced into a heavy passing script right?

I can live with it if you were like he had a solid game all things considered since he had a high completion percentages of the passes he did throw but you literally just said a guy that accounted for zero TDs personally and whose team had 1 TD total had an "awesome" game LOL.

What word would you use to describe how Josh Allen played in his 8 quarters of playoff football vs the Pats and Chiefs then? You might need to invent a new word.

Burrow was instrumental in taking the Bengals to the playoffs this year but the defense and special teams are the ones who've outperformed expectations and have been key to winning these last 3 games. If you think "in spite of" is harsh, then fine whatever he's played adequate. I'm a big Burrow believer so my standards are higher for him than what he's shown in the postseason.

I"ll credit him for making some timely throws, taking what the defense is giving him and not making any back breaking mistakes but those are standards NFL fans have for Jimmy G and not a guy like Burrow who seems to be on a star like trajectory.

I think taking Burrow over Stafford now is fine, I"ll respectfully disagree but its at least reasonable. Don't pretend like he's on a tier with Josh, Pat and Rodgers though.

Massive leap? That's a stretch. Kupp was 12th in yardage and 2nd in touchdowns in 2019. He averaged over 1,000 yards in each of the 3 full seasons prior to Stafford showing up with Goff throwing him the ball (only played in 8 games in 2018). He ran away with it this year because he had 191 targets, which is by far the most in his career (134 in 2019) and also far more than anyone else in the NFL this season. Chase gets yards after the catch too but he's not a slot receiver. Yeah, there is a screen here and there, but he's the guy Burrow is hitting on long-range bombs much more often than dump and runs.
Kupp with Stafford this year had more yards per reception (10.6 vs 13.4), more yards per target (10.9 VS 7.2) this year vs last year. Kupp didn't double his yardage just due to his higher target share. Stafford is simply targeting and connecting with Kupp downfield a lot more than Goff ever did. His catch rate has always been high but Stafford has unlocked a downfield element in Kupp's game that wasn't featured on the previous iterations of the Rams.

Stafford is an aggressive downfield passer and excels vs the blitz. Its not mere coincidence that he's been the QB for arguably the 2 best all time WR seasons (Calvin Johnson and Kupp) plus career years by other guys like Golladay, Marvin Jones and Golden Tate who've floundered at their new destinations.

I think you're understating how creatively the Bengals have used Chase this year. He's not just a deep threat, he's being used in the short and intermediate game too. Chase has 645 YAC this year compared to 846 YAC for Kupp on far fewer receptions (145 vs 81).

Chase is an absolute animal after the catch its simply astounding. You've got Higgins who's a great contested catch WR, Boyd who's a dependable slot WR and Mixon plus Perine who both play well in the RB screen game.

Burrow has arguably the best and most complete set of offensive weapons in the league. The O line play is bad but he's been set up for success aside from that.

Kupp with Stafford this year had more yards per reception (10.6 vs 13.4), more yards per target (10.9 VS 7.2) this year vs last year. Kupp didn't double his yardage just due to his higher target share. Stafford is simply targeting and connecting with Kupp downfield a lot more than Goff ever did. His catch rate has always been high but Stafford has unlocked a downfield element in Kupp's game that wasn't featured on the previous iterations of the Rams.

Stafford is an aggressive downfield passer and excels vs the blitz. Its not mere coincidence that he's been the QB for arguably the 2 best all time WR seasons (Calvin Johnson and Kupp) plus career years by other guys like Golladay, Marvin Jones and Golden Tate who've floundered at their new destinations.

I think you're understating how creatively the Bengals have used Chase this year. He's not just a deep threat, he's being used in the short and intermediate game too. Chase has 645 YAC this year compared to 846 YAC for Kupp on far fewer receptions (145 vs 81).

Chase is an absolute animal after the catch its simply astounding. You've got Higgins who's a great contested catch WR, Boyd who's a dependable slot WR and Mixon plus Perine who both play well in the RB screen game.

Burrow has arguably the best and most complete set of offensive weapons in the league. The O line play is bad but he's been set up for success aside from that.
Thanks for pointing out that Kupp was a paltry 33rd in average at 13.4. His avg was 12.4 in 2019 with Goff, not exactly a glaring difference. Meanwhile, Chase averaged 18.0 cuz big dick Joe was tossing him the pigskin. 44% of Kupp's yardage was after the catch. Same as Chase but that's because Chase was smoking dudes down the field and racing to the endzone. 😎 By now you probably realize I'm just giving you shit for the sake of giving you shit. 😆

Thanks for pointing out that Kupp was a paltry 33rd in average at 13.4. His avg was 12.4 in 2019 with Goff, not exactly a glaring difference. Meanwhile, Chase averaged 18.0 cuz big dick Joe was tossing him the pigskin. 44% of Kupp's yardage was after the catch. Same as Chase but that's because Chase was smoking dudes down the field and racing to the endzone. 😎 By now you probably realize I'm just giving you shit for the sake of giving you shit. 😆
Yeah I know, its fun to argue, hope we see a good SB. :)

ADVERTISEMENT