ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you see your team now and moving forward?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Tennessee- We looked like world beaters in the preseason. (Deep well oiled machine) However, we looked like a bunch of knuckleheads against a mediocre Colorado team. I think we have the elements of a very good team, but we have to be on point or else.

Now - talented and poorly coached
Then - talented and poorly coached but with less happiness
I think y'all face the same ole stuff you always face and that is coming together as a team. I can see you doing that more and more as the season goes forward. That is my NO BS opinion.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think we should start improving when the rotation gets smaller. We have depth and talented depth, but the parts are not interchangeble. That creates problems with subbing currently with what the team runs. Guys have to buy into a role and some have not. And that's on both sides of the ball. And run the play that is called! lol

Purdue :

Defense is ahead of where I thought it would be. Edey's footwork appears improved and guys are bought in. But I expect it to be inconsistent, particularly against teams that are both athletic and talented moving forward.

On the flip side, we still have some upside on the offensive side. Edey has been a beast but our normally reliable outside shooting has been absent. If we can get that back closer to where we expect it, we can really stress opposing defenses with a difficult choice.

In aggregate, I expect to be better but it won't be a linear trend. We'll have a couple of head scratching losses that cause a portion of our fanbase to lose their minds.

Arkansas

Now: incredible length, athleticism, defensive intensity. Dry spells offensively, bad TOs and FT shooting

Moving forward: adding NSJr will help the offense, paired with the defensive intensity, could be a FF team.

Granted we do probably have the most reactionary fanbase of all and I don't think anyone will dispute that.
However, this isn't reactionary, it's a long time coming.
It's bad when I'm about to jump ship. Haven't yet, but teetering.
My M.O. moving forward in big games is going to mimic the same M.O. of our football games; DVR them. Watch if we win, don’t if not. That way I’m only focusing on things that give back in life.

Gonzaga

Now: Solid team but guards are turning over the ball too much. Need to improve in pick and roll defense. 2 wins so far against UK and MSU

Later: looks like they should play Duke in PK85, and still has Baylor and Bama on the schedule. Go 2-1 in those games and get the guard play right by March and they can be contenders.

Della, I'll let you know Friday after a late Thursday night game with Sparty in Seattle.
Looking forward to it I think.

Reactions: della
Granted we do probably have the most reactionary fanbase of all and I don't think anyone will dispute that.
However, this isn't reactionary, it's a long time coming.
It's bad when I'm about to jump ship. Haven't yet, but teetering.
You going to become a Hawkeye as a nod to hawkit?

Now: 4-0
Moving forward: 38-0
You need to keep that on the down low. Word on the street is the Cats have a boat load of money and might be looking to make some replacements.

You need to keep that on the down low. Word on the street is the Cats have a boat load of money and might be looking to make some replacements.

1) No way would UK want Bennett's style of play, even if it's effective
2) No way would Bennett ever coach at UK
3) Bennett gave his raise to other coaches and programs at UVA. Money isn't his motivator

Pitt- This might be the worst team I’ve ever seen assembled. Even worse than the 0-18 Stallings disaster. To go with the lack of talent, is is easily the worst coached team I’ve ever watched.

Moving forward I expect status quo as we take ass whoppings from basketball powers Northwestern and Vanderbilt.

The worst part is Capel has a pretty decent amount of NIL money at his disposal and still can’t hack it.. what a loser

You make me horny when you bring up UK.
You erased your first response. You are hilarious the way you get all tore up over nothing. I gave you my opinion on UK which was very base. Your fans are the one's getting a little crazy and that is what you leave me to work with.

1) No way would UK want Bennett's style of play, even if it's effective
2) No way would Bennett ever coach at UK
3) Bennett gave his raise to other coaches and programs at UVA. Money isn't his motivator
Bennett makes it to the FF and they will make a pathway covered in $100 bills all the way to Lexington. However, they may rescind the offer if he actually does better than FF.

You erased your first response. You are hilarious the way you get all tore up over nothing. I gave you my opinion on UK which was very base. Your fans are the one's getting a little crazy and that is what you leave me to work with.
Not tore up, just biting my tongue.

Keep UK on the tip of yours.

The 1st game LSU played I was worried. They were green and played green but they won. The next few games they have improved with each game and are starting to show signs of decent improvement. Really like our Coach and it feels good to be done with Dam strong offer Wade.

LSU paid a little price losing a few decent players but McMahon did a nice job in the portal and KJ Williams had a monster game last out. Big test next up will likely be K-state tomorrow so hope they give a good showing before they get to SEC play . I'll say middle of the pack in SEC all said and done and hopefully a little better.

You'll know when I'm upset when I turn it back on your team and actually talk about UT.
We've always had a one way conversation.
You wouldn’t be biting your tongue if you weren’t upset. However, you have no reason to be upset in the first place.

Pretty excited about this season. Thought Arkansas was overrated preseason(especially after Texas exhibition game), but after last night, the potential is there for a very exciting season.

I think they are a top 10 team without Nick and when he’s back, they have the potential to be one of the best in the nation. That said, it all depends how they gel, but we definitely have a lot of young guys that are buying in.

Pretty excited about this season. Thought Arkansas was overrated preseason(especially after Texas exhibition game), but after last night, the potential is there for a very exciting season.

I think they are a top 10 team without Nick and when he’s back, they have the potential to be one of the best in the nation. That said, it all depends how they gel, but we definitely have a lot of young guys that are buying in.
I'm looking forward to all the Arkansas fans becoming mainstays next season after you win it all this season.
Excellent/underrated bball fanbase.
Arkansas is a really contender this year.....*and next.
Plus Nick Smith might be the best player in the nation.

Last edited:
Now: 4-0
Moving forward: 38-0
Really? I was thinking more like 32–1.

UVA11.gif

Purdue-UVA gif response in 3…..2…..

ADVERTISEMENT