ADVERTISEMENT

Where Could Calipari Excel At?

Haha I was messing with you. No program that has won big in college basketball or football is completely clean
Fortunately, Cal didn't need to cheat at UK. UMass and Memphis aren't easy schools to win at so he did what he needed to.

Yeah, they're dirty af.

All the stuff K got away with.
Players weren’t going to Kentucky for free over going other places for money. This is why everyone was cheating. Now it’s basically legal. One rich dude at a school can legit make a top basketball squad now. I think nIL makes football less competitive while it will make basketball more competitive because it’s less people on the roster

Players weren’t going to Kentucky for free over going other places for money. This is why everyone was cheating. Now it’s basically legal. One rich dude at a school can legit make a top basketball squad now. I think nIL makes football less competitive while it will make basketball more competitive because it’s less people on the roster
Have you been watching the games? (not sure if you're back in the states) If so I guess you're tired of the ATT/UK commercial.
One3 has a database, not sure how credible it is, but Oscar was the highest-paid player this year and he had to all his NIL deals while in the Bahamas due to visas or what not.

Have you been watching the games? If so I guess you're tired of the ATT/UK commercial.
One3 has a database, not sure how credible it is, but Oscar was the highest-paid player this year and he had to all his NIL deals while in the Bahamas due to visas or what not.
I mean Oscar was the returning player of the year. Made sense he had a large NIL deal. That is actually what nil is for. He regressed as a player though. Far more dominant last season

I mean Oscar was the returning player of the year. Made sense he had a large NIL deal. That is actually what nil is for. He regressed as a player though. Far more dominant last season
He still lead the nation in rebounding.

this was fun but my nieces are over and they're more fun. thanks for the back and forth.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Do you mean when out-recruited Cal? Probably have to go back to the UK days.
Cal doesn’t get out recruited by really anyone besides basically duke the last 6-7 years. Yet you have been a fringe top 25 team for most of that 6-7 years. Cal doesn’t know modern day offense basketball at all

The other thing I question on cal recruiting is he will take a 5star athlete that has the nba potential for about 4-5 years from now verses an actual far more skilled basketball player currently that may not be the top nba athlete type. Gets to wrapped up in draft projections

The other thing I question on cal recruiting is he will take a 5star athlete that has the nba potential for about 4-5 years from now verses an actual far more skilled basketball player currently that may not be the top nba athlete type. Gets to wrapped up in draft projections
What? I'm slow.

Rick has an ego so he won’t say this out locally but he regrets leaving UK. He would have been at coach k level or higher had he stayed
I think he actually said in an interview once that he did lament leaving in hindsight. Wish he’d stayed.

Honestly, I believe that he was trying to improve his overall game for the NBA and not be the focal point of wins. I think the plan was to have supporting players to spread the productivity. Didn’t turn out that way. :confused:

Former HOF coach Pitino is about to make a last run.
Could HOF Calipari do the same?
UK will be fine, we've had more coaches win a title than most teams have in total.
Where do you think he'd be better suited?
Anywhere----as long as he can drag in elite talent. Cal is a good coach. But hes not elite.

ADVERTISEMENT