ADVERTISEMENT

When's your MIdnight Madness Dates?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
It seems the board is slowing down due to running out of stuff to talk about during the offseason.

UK's is Oct 12. 3 weeks from Friday. Our Pro-Day is Oct 7th. You can probably catch them both on ESPN.

Any recruits lined-up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Who else camps out for madness tickets?
Note: I do not and I actually prefer going to the blue/white game instead. I've been front row, center court for the B/W game before for like $100 a ticket. All the hoopla of madness is ok I guess if you're into that, but I want to watch some damn basketball.

Also, not to be sexist or anything, but nobody is there to see the women's team (although there are a few smokeshows on the UK roster). That just waters down the whole event. That part is a snooze fest. If they want to participate let them do their own thing at Memorial Coliseum. The only thing I look forward to is seeing what stupid dance Matthew Mitchell is going to do every year.

Note: I do not and I actually prefer going to the blue/white game instead. I've been front row, center court for the B/W game before for like $100 a ticket. All the hoopla of madness is ok I guess if you're into that, but I want to watch some damn basketball.

Also, not to be sexist or anything, but nobody is there to see the women's team (although there are a few smokeshows on the UK roster). That just waters down the whole event. That part is a snooze fest. If they want to participate let them do their own thing at Memorial Coliseum. The only thing I look forward to is seeing what stupid dance Matthew Mitchell is going to do every year.
Agree with you on attending b/w game over BBM. One's a pep rally the other's a light scrimmage. Not to mention, unless someone's lucky enough to get free tickets to BBM, the blue white game is cheaper.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

I’m way passed the late night in the phog. I’ve never cared for the skits....all I want is to watch them play. And women’s basketball? Mind numbing.

My Grandfather & group of his friends used to camp out every year in the 80s & 90s.
He said the internet ruined that experience because people could stay home & get better seats than those camping out.

I’m way passed the late night in the phog. I’ve never cared for the skits....all I want is to watch them play. And women’s basketball? Mind numbing.
The only one I’ve ever gone to was in 2000. I was there for maybe 30 minutes. Then Roy started dancing. I bounced and haven’t been to one since.

The only one I’ve ever gone to was in 2000. I was there for maybe 30 minutes. Then Roy started dancing. I bounced and haven’t been to one since.
I guess some people are into that but it does nothing for me. If it were a few speeches from the coaches and scrimmage---i'd probably make it a point to go.

Louisville Live is next Friday, prior to the FSU game on Saturday.......the Red/White Scrimmage is October 21st.

Aidan Igiehon, Rocket Watts, David Johnson, Josh Nickelberry, and Jaelyn Withers will be at Louisville Live / FSU game weekend.

Last edited:
Indiana’s is 9/29

TJD, Keion Brooks, Jahmius Ramsey are the confirmed 2019 kids. Maybe Isaiah Stewart as well.

Plenty of Midwest 2020 and 2021(Landers, Furst)

Reactions: HoosierAlice
My Grandfather & group of his friends used to camp out every year in the 80s & 90s.
He said the internet ruined that experience because people could stay home & get better seats than those camping out.
That and people ruin it by selling free tickets for huge money.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That and people ruin it by selling free tickets for huge money.
It's crazy how much they sell for. I got a couple a few years ago, and when I found out I couldn't go, I sold mine to a friend back home for the $10 TM fee. I can't say I wasn't tempted to put them on Ebay.

I also agree, the campers should get the best seats.

I've only been to late night once.....it was the year Wiggins and Embiid were freshmen. Waited all day only to have a bunch of college kids bum rush the door. pushed us from almost the front of the line waiting to get in to almost not getting in. finally told my kid if we don't start doing what the college kids did we weren't getting in. made it in got lower level and the skits and dancing were god awful. the 20 minute scrimmage was nice and the dunk show during the layup line was cool, but i will never go again.

Indiana’s is 9/29

TJD, Keion Brooks, Jahmius Ramsey are the confirmed 2019 kids. Maybe Isaiah Stewart as well.

Furst and Lander as well.

HH this year will be a madhouse.....

Indiana’s is 9/29

Just curious, but how is IU able to have theirs so early?

Just curious, but how is IU able to have theirs so early?
Any team can have it that early, many just choose not to. When it was actually "midnight madness" it was the legit first day teams could practice. That's rarely the case anymore. By the time most of these events roll around these kids will have been practicing for weeks already. Here are the NCAA stipulations, good luck making any sense out of it.....

17.02.13 Practice Units. In determining the first permissible preseason practice date, an institution shall count back from its first scheduled contest, one unit for each day beginning with the opening of classes, one unit for each day classes are not in session in the week of the first scheduled intercollegiate contest and two units for each other day in the preseason practice period, except that the institution shall not count any units during the preseason when all institutional dormitories are closed, the institution's team must leave campus, and practice is not conducted. (Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91, Revised: 1/10/92, 4/14/03)

17.02.13.1 Sunday. Sundays are excluded from the counting. (Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91)

17.02.13.2 Week. The "week" of the first scheduled intercollegiate contest is defined as the six days, excluding Sunday, preceding the date of competition (even if one or more of the days fall into different traditional calendar weeks). (Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91)

17.02.13.3 Opening Day of Classes. The "opening day of classes" is defined as the first day of classes as listed in the member institution's official catalog. Required freshman orientation is not considered to be the opening day of classes for the academic year. (Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91)

17.02.13.4 First Day of Practice. The first day of practice may be conducted on the day when the last practice unit occurs, which is determined by counting backward from the day of the first permissible regularly scheduled contest. For example, in soccer, practice may be held on the day that the 21st practice unit actually occurs, counting backward from the day of the first permissible regularly scheduled contest. (Adopted: 12/10/97, Revised: 4/14/03, 3/16/15)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I absolutely hate going to Hoosier hysteria! It's a 90 minute drive each way to basically watch kids do a bad job showing whatever new dance is popular. But, my wife wants to go, so whatever, I guess I'm going.... I was an idiot when I thought that it would be great if I got my wife into sports as much as I am.

Stupid stupid stupid!!!!

It's not quite as bad as teaching your wife how to play golf so she won't bitch at you for not spending time with her on the weekends. But, its gotten really close and if we lived a little further way which resulted in a longer drive, it might get there.

Besides, it was so much better and more exciting when it was really at midnight and it was the first second they could practice! The anticipation of knowing that the new basketball season was 180 seconds away was cool.

I absolutely hate going to Hoosier hysteria! It's a 90 minute drive each way to basically watch kids do a bad job showing whatever new dance is popular. But, my wife wants to go, so whatever, I guess I'm going.... I was an idiot when I thought that it would be great if I got my wife into sports as much as I am.

Stupid stupid stupid!!!!

It's not quite as bad as teaching your wife how to play golf so she won't bitch at you for not spending time with her on the weekends. But, its gotten really close and if we lived a little further way which resulted in a longer drive, it might get there.

Besides, it was so much better and more exciting when it was really at midnight and it was the first second they could practice! The anticipation of knowing that the new basketball season was 180 seconds away was cool.
Agreed. It was great when it was at midnight & every school had it on the same night. I remember the espn coverage back then, going from school to school.

Meh, It's once a year and I'm a huge UK fan so I enjoy it. I've seen others and I understand why it's not such a big deal to other team's fans.
I’m a huge UNC fan & Carolina only has theirs once a year & I have better things to do on a Friday night.
It’s great to DVR & fast forward through.
You probably still get a boner over Cal & his “UK is the needle” speeches. RollLaugh

Reactions: Dhjhawk
I’m a huge UNC fan & Carolina only has theirs once a year & I have better things to do on a Friday night.
It’s great to DVR & fast forward through.
You probably still get a boner over Cal & his “UK is the needle” speeches. RollLaugh

Stop thinking about my dick.

tenor.gif

I feel like I'm the only one here without a date for midnight madness.

Stupid stupid stupid!!!!

It's not quite as bad as teaching your wife how to play golf so she won't bitch at you for not spending time with her on the weekends.
My wife loves sports. Did so before we met. MOF, I wouldn't date , or marry someone who didn't like sports.

As for the "golf" thingy. Try "teaching" her to fish....:eek: So glad she gave up on that. Well, she didn't really. I just got smart. Bought her a damn camera; she loves taking pictures. Not just "A" camera, but the boss of camera's. That was two years ago. Hasn't touched her pole since.

My wife loves sports. Did so before we met. MOF, I wouldn't date , or marry someone who didn't like sports.

I remember you saying she was a UK fan, but I didn't realize how much. She seems pretty diehard. That must be awesome for you. :D

I remember you saying she was a UK fan, but I didn't realize how much. She seems pretty diehard. That must be awesome for you. :D
She is. You've talked to her, man. She loves her Cats. And TBH, it is awesome. She's always in a "good mood" after UK wins. Thats GOOD for me.:D. Hated life when BCG was the coach. Not many "good mood" moments.:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT