ADVERTISEMENT

When is the last time you made it to a home game for your school?

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
I'm willing to bet I've gone longer than most here since a lot of you seem to live pretty close to where they play.

December of 2007 for me. They beat DePaul 84-66. National Champions that year too. I should really go back sometime soon.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
March 2, 2004 vs. #11 Wake Forest (shows you how long ago it really was because Wake Forest was ranked and UVA was not). That was the year I graduated from UVA. Didn't make it to the NIT game vs. George Washington.

Hoos won 84-82. Pretty high scoring huh?

That game was in University Hall. Haven't had the chance to go back and watch a game at JPJ.

Reactions: schoonerwest
This past February for the UNC game.
Do you fly back for games pretty often?

Getting to Lawrence is just inconvenient enough for me to not really have much of a desire to go. It doesn't help that my wife doesn't care for CBB at all. We do go see them in Lubbock every year though so that's nice.

Reactions: UL_1986
Do you fly back for games pretty often?

Getting to Lawrence is just inconvenient enough for me to not really have much of a desire to go. It doesn't help that my wife doesn't care for CBB at all. We do go see them in Lubbock every year though so that's nice.
Nah, not really. I come into town maybe 5 times a year. Once for Oaks/Derby, then a couple times in fall and a couple times in late winter. Mostly to see family (my mom and sister live in Louisville) but during regular season I try to catch 2-3 games while I’m in town if it’s under the right circumstances and I can get tix.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Tickets to games at Rupp just haven't been real easy to get. Saw them play year before last in NYC.
It's crazy how expensive the tickets are if you buy them from Stubhub or someplace like that. I probably haven't checked them in a few years but I remember seeing them go for $500+ for the seats I'd want to sit in. Maybe even $1000 per seat for the Kentucky game in 2016. I think that was the last time I really wanted to go to a home game.

I went to the Nebraska vs TCU NIT basketball game.

My alma mater TCU and favorite football team Nebraska on Ft. Worth.

Went to several a year at one point, but not many these days. Last was Baylor in the season before last.

Last season. Had a friend with season tix give me a couple he couldn't go to. Before that? A decade.

This past season for senior day against UM. Took my son. Was an awesome environment and a great game. Glad we could get the win at the Big Ten title.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yes. Feel free to include the Indiana home games you worked as well.
I have. Exhibitions. It's not uncommon at all. I've been assigned to one regular season game, there. Non-conference.
My response was in fun. Last IU home game we attended was 2016. I don't get a chance to go, to often. My schedule keeps me busy.

I've never been to a UNC game. Went to a HS football last Friday night (my Alma mater and my boy is a freshman there now).

This past season in basketball, football, men’s and women’s lacrosse, baseball, women’s soccer and field hockey.

I’m a better fan than all of you.

I hu AFH at least once a year.
It's the only, the only, good thing about living ~2 hours from LfK. The last year I didn't AFH was 2011 (stayed home with newborn).

We went to both the OKSt and KSU games last season. Once a season I'll trip up for a game (OU/OSU/Bay) that I think there'll be GA tix available, sometimes I'm lucky (last season's OSU game), sometimes I watch with friends at their place.

Last year was the first time in probably 10 years i didn't make it to a game in either basketball or football. Making at least one for both this year.

Alabama with Gillispie as coach. Ole Miss was an easy get until they got the new arena. I do keep an eye out for tickets there. I'd love to be a part of a "Go Big Blue" chant.

I was at the Duke/St Francis game a couple years ago. Duke put up 72 in the first half. I will be making it down there this winter for a few games.

I always catch a few per year. Tougher now that I'm a couple hours from Cuse and will have a 2nd kid in about a month, but my dad has a tradition of taking me to a game near my birthday every year and we plan on keeping that going.

Usually catch one football game a year, too, though I don't remember what the last one was. Maybe L'ville a year or two ago.

The silver lining to Cuse football sucking for a while was that premium seats near the field were dirt cheap most games. I felt like I was just 10 yards away when I witnessed Shamarko Thomas deliver the hardest hit I've seen in person. Thought he killed the guy.

Now that they don't suck so much anymore, good seats at good value are tough to find. Big stadium for basketball. Small stadium for football.

Tickets to games at Rupp just haven't been real easy to get. Saw them play year before last in NYC.
I got mine while visiting Kentucky. My Uncle was retired/consulting a place that had season tickets. When we showed up he pulled them out of his front shirt pocket. He's old school right behind pens and glasses holder.

ADVERTISEMENT