ADVERTISEMENT

When did Big 10 basketball catch AIDS?

Srsly, from the time I branched out, the B1G has been boring af.

A collective of teams who, for many seasons, BANKED on playing in the pudddddd of college basketball and counting on conference play to make themselves look "good" .. exposed.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch

... in my humblest of opinio🤣🤣🤣⚰️
Iowa > your team

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
You're practically Kentucky 💙
200.gif

Not sure. Since MSU last won it in 2000, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan State have all played for a title (2 in UM case).

The B1G has had some really great teams over the last decade. Why they can’t win basketball titles I’m not sure.

Kinda crushin on '22-23 Indiana
Still not sure I trust XJ, but they've got a few fun pieces.

It's probably just residual salt, but does the B1G look .. less attractive this coming cycle .. or nah?

Kinda crushin on '22-23 Indiana
Still not sure I trust XJ, but they've got a few fun pieces.

It's probably just residual salt, but does the B1G look .. less attractive this coming cycle .. or nah?
I think the Big Ten will be “worse” on paper … but look what that exiting talent has done in the NCAAs. Clearly something about the more recent, big-dominated Big Ten style wasn’t translating well to the Tournament, so maybe a slightly different style of play could be good for the league. Multiple schools are bringing in top 10 classes and some excellent transfers, so who knows? It will be a very different league, IMO.

I think the Big Ten will be “worse” on paper … but look what that exiting talent has done in the NCAAs. Clearly something about the more recent, big-dominated Big Ten style wasn’t translating well to the Tournament, so maybe a slightly different style of play could be good for the league. Multiple schools are bringing in top 10 classes and some excellent transfers, so who knows? It will be a very different league, IMO.
Currently, Rivals has only Illinois in their top 10. Tho, Michigan and Indiana aren't too far behind.. then Nebraskaball at #27 is the only other team listed in the Top 30.

Now transfer numbers might help some teams out, but what has Izzo been up to? Painter? Are they waiting on the draft deadline or ..?

Currently, Rivals has only Illinois in their top 10. Tho, Michigan and Indiana aren't too far behind.. then Nebraskaball at #27 is the only other team listed in the Top 30.

Now transfer numbers might help some teams out, but what has Izzo been up to? Painter? Are they waiting on the draft deadline or ..?
Huh, wonder what list I was looking at … thought IU moved above us and Michigan was also top 10? And yeah, they have not hit the portal as hard as others.

As for Illinois, which I can obviously speak to the most, we will obviously be “worse” on paper with all we lost, but there will objectively be more top 50 and top 100 talent on the roster … how good were guys like Frazier and Williams due to their experience? Losing Kofi is a massive hit, and yet teams that could effectively game plan for him like Houston and triple team him totally schooled us, and we had no answer. Again, not expecting us to be as good, but it might actually be refreshing to watch our team be more oriented around guards and wings and be a bit more athletic/versatile.

ADVERTISEMENT