ADVERTISEMENT

When cheating doesn't lead to wins

Moral of the story: If you're going to cheat, at least fvcking win!

I support this decision. Hopefully this paves the way for Rocket Rod Strickland to become our head coach.

Hey, the coach after Leitao at UVA won a natty. Maybe you'll have the same fortune.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
@WeAreDePaul, don't beat yourself up too badly. Krzyzewski has set the standard for how to run a clean program with ZERO scandals. But sometimes the temptation to keep up is too overwhelming for some of the smaller programs. One day they will find them a young Coach K and they will rise to the level of relevance and eventually greatness.

@WeAreDePaul, don't beat yourself up too badly. Krzyzewski has set the standard for how to run a clean program with ZERO scandals. But sometimes the temptation to keep up is too overwhelming for some of the smaller programs. One day they will find them a young Coach K and they will rise to the level of relevance and eventually greatness.

tenor.gif

Go eat another bag of dicks on top of the bag of dicks I'm sure you ate for breakfast.

The funniest part of this story is I don't think we actually violated any rules. I think we are getting dinged because we kept trying to buy players and none of them would take the money...even when we offered 2x the money they were getting offered at other schools.

The funniest part of this story is I don't think we actually violated any rules. I think we are getting dinged because we kept trying to buy players and none of them would take the money...even when we offered 2x the money they were getting offered at other schools.
I am blessed to follow a program that is above paying their players. The name on the front of the Jersey does all the selling.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
On a somewhat related note, BYU's Nick Emery just announced his retirement (eligible in 2020 as a 5th year senior). Dude had one of the rockiest careers I've ever seen (2nd Team All-WCC as a freshmen, married, divorced, NCAA scandal, punched a Utah player, attempted suicide, lost his scholarship, now married to another woman with a 5-yr old son). He's the guy responsible for BYU vacating 47 wins from the 2016 and 2017 seasons for receiving roughly $12,000 in impermissible benefits. Pretty sure Mark Pope, the new head coach, is just cleaning house. I can't imagine any power school ever being stripped of wins for two years for benefits of $12,000. NCAA be crazy.

Last edited:
Bagley residence?

An inspiring rags-to-riches story.
No sir, that is what happens when you’re parents some how gets huge promotions when your son is named Zion Williamson. You can move into a 750k house right In Durham. I can’t wait for the day when our recruits can make a move like that to Lexington to be close to their families

No sir, that is what happens when you’re parents some how gets huge promotions when your son is named Zion Williamson. You can move into a 750k house right In Durham. I can’t wait for the day when our recruits can make a move like that to Lexington to be close to their families

Interesting. Housing WAS one of the demands mentioned in the wiretap between Townsend and the Adidas guy.

However, Afamu sez that there is 0% chance that they accepted anything, and he's never wrong.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Interesting. Housing WAS one of the demands mentioned in the wiretap between Townsend and the Adidas guy.

However, Afamu sez that there is 0% chance that they accepted anything, and he's never wrong.
Bwaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa.

Kansas gave them an intriguing opportunity, but to be able to play for the GOAT and do things the right way was just too good of an opportunity for them to turn down. I am sure they have no regrets in choosing a clean conscience over dirty money.

Kansas gave them an intriguing opportunity, but to be able to play for the GOAT and do things the right way was just too good of an opportunity for them to turn down. I am sure they have no regrets in choosing a clean conscience over dirty money.

Cha-chiiiiiiing!!

So you link a duke slob fest article that says all duke players go through background checks. Thanks that really clears everything up for me and everyone else. Winking
Have anything to disprove he did nothing wrong?

Happy to listen.

Have anything to disprove he did nothing wrong?

Happy to listen.
I’d love to know how Zions family moved from humble beginnings in Spartanburg, to a 750k house in Durham to be close to Zion. I’m sure they probably had a house just as similar in South Carolina

I’d love to know how Zions family moved from humble beginnings in Spartanburg, to a 750k house in Durham to be close to Zion. I’m sure they probably had a house just as similar in South Carolina
How do you know for sure they did?

ADVERTISEMENT