ADVERTISEMENT

What's your thoughts on your Home Boards?

Never posted on Rafters and don't visit it. Its a long story starting at the beginning of Rivals, but it sounds like a dumpster fire.

I believe its CatsPause now, but wasn't in the beginning. I actually worked with the orginal CatsPause forums, non-rivals. Their paper subscription was great before the net took over. I also helped Mel McCane launch WildCatFaithful. I also hosted Jon Scott's Big Blue History.

This is my home board.

Never posted on Rafters and don't visit it. Its a long story starting at the beginning of Rivals, but it sounds like a dumpster fire.

I believe its CatsPause now, but wasn't in the beginning. I actually worked with the orginal CatsPause forums, non-rivals. Their paper subscription was great before the net took over. I also helped Mel McCane launch WildCatFaithful. I also hosted Jon Scott's Big Blue History.

This is my home board.
Remember the proboards? I think that was what it was called. Wildcat Thunder, Dynasty Defenders etc...

Reactions: treyforuk
VPN'a probably drive homeboard mods mad. To IP block someone (yay) .and they can turn around in two minutes and start posting again.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
VPN'a probably drive homeboard mods mad. To IP block someone (yay) .and they can turn around in two minutes and start posting again.
Proxy's were the older method of getting around the IP block. Pay boards are easier, but a very active free board is a headache lol.

I do remember a lot of the older UK forums. The first one I was on was actually USENET, which was basically a list of posts that we could post replies to. Delivered a several times a day. We had a really good group there.

I had a ProBoard BBS, but I developed games, ChessMagic! was my big hit. Sold a lot those puppies.. I had a digiboard that could handle 10 lines lol.

This is my home board.
Joe B. Hall introduced me to Oscar back in 1978. He was great to talk to. I took his weekly paper until the internet took over.

I left the CatsPause when they split. I went to Rivals.

Proxy's were the older method of getting around the IP block. Pay boards are easier, but a very active free board is a headache lol.

I do remember a lot of the older UK forums. The first one I was on was actually USENET, which was basically a list of posts that we could post replies to. Delivered a several times a day. We had a really good group there.

I had a ProBoard BBS, but I developed games, ChessMagic! was my big hit. Sold a lot those puppies.. I had a digiboard that could handle 10 lines lol.
My first basketball board was on AOL back in, I think, 1993. It was straight forward and I connected with a bunch of good folks from all over the county.

That was back when the Indiana folks were still nice to Kentucky folks. o_O

I don't even mess with the UK free board (Rupp Rafters). Total shit show. I just stick to the premium board, House of Blue, which is also a shit show but not as bad. I am a realist and I often get scolded on HoB for being critical of even the smallest things. Better not talk bad about Kentucky, boy! šŸ˜‚ Rafters is strictly sunshine pumpers and chicken littles with a decent smattering of trolls from other fan bases all trying to choke each other out. It's weird to me that fans of one team peruse other team boards but to each their own. It's especially weird when they come back to this board to announce their findings though. "Holy shit, guys, I was just over on Rafters and you won't believe the homerism going on there!! LOLZ. It's wild!!" Well no shit, show me a home board that's not like that. šŸ˜‚

Thereā€™s a handful of posters on HoB that make it borderline unbareable. Itā€™s like you said, in their eyes any criticism of the program is like an attack on their family member.

But thereā€™s 2 sides. thereā€™s a few that never post anything but negative. Theyā€™re equally as tiring but at the moment theyā€™re slightly more tolerable because theyā€™re right.

The only difference between HoB and Rafters imo is that you donā€™t have the drive by trolls on HoB because most people arenā€™t going to pay money just to troll.

But there are some really good posters on rafters that donā€™t post on HoB.

Honestly i donā€™t think thereā€™s a single regular on HoB whoā€™s posts i look forward to like some of the guys that post on rafters other than Sisk and Graf.

Thereā€™s a handful of posters on HoB that make it borderline unbareable. Itā€™s like you said, in their eyes any criticism of the program is like an attack on their family member.

But thereā€™s 2 sides. thereā€™s a few that never post anything but negative. Theyā€™re equally as tiring but at the moment theyā€™re slightly more tolerable because theyā€™re right.

The only difference between HoB and Rafters imo is that you donā€™t have the drive by trolls on HoB because most people arenā€™t going to pay money just to troll.

But there are some really good posters on rafters that donā€™t post on HoB.

Honestly i donā€™t think thereā€™s a single regular on HoB whoā€™s posts i look forward to like some of the guys that post on rafters other than Sisk and Graf.
100-hundred-percent.gif

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bama Rivals site changed over August 1st and it is updated with more mods, and revived the basketball forum
"Coleman Crazies". It is a really fun forum and has its own mod for that forum with articles from other mods.
So right now it real good.

ADVERTISEMENT