ADVERTISEMENT

What's your pre season rankings?

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
1. Gonzaga

Geez Drew Timme, Chet Holmgren, Hunter Sallis, Rasir Bolton ect. And they play Duke , Alabama, Texas Tech and Texas. I expect them to go 3-1 in those games and roll their conference.

2. Kansas

Not trying to be biased but they are 10 deep legit. 7 players averaged close to 12 ppg or more last year.

3. UCLA

I think UCLA may be a little high. Great FF run and almost beat Gonzaga, but they did have 10 losses. I want to wait and see. Pac 10 should be great again

4. Michigan

Hunter Dickinson is the truth . Top recruiting class and a huge transfer pickup

5. Texas

I hate to say it but I do think Texas will be this good. Texas way upgraded at coach. Ramey and Jones finally have a good system and they add 4 legit transfers. PG is the biggest question mark

6. Duke

I full expect Roach and Moore to improve. And Banchero / Williams combo will be a tough matchup for anyone

7. Villanova

This is a better spot for them IMO, I think they are overrated in other rankings. Their roster isn't as talented as those above. But they have a great coach, experience and chemistry

8. UK

They will be higher if and when they get say a Marcus carr or a Kofi Cockburn. Coach call has a couple good pieces back , plus really solid transfers

9. Arkansas

10. Purdue

Just missed

Alabama
Baylor
tOSU
Oregon

1. Gonzaga
2. Villanova
3. UCLA
4. Texas
5. Purdue

6 Kansas
7 Michigan
8 Oregon
9 Arkansas
10 Baylor

Even with Kofi or Duren I wouldn’t have Kentucky in my Top 10
Heard Arkansas could get another transfer

With Marcus Carr Texas would be #2

1. Gonzaga
2. Villanova
3. UCLA
4. Texas
5. Purdue

6 Kansas
7 Michigan
8 Oregon
9 Arkansas
10 Baylor

Shows how little you really know about basketball deputy lol We get either one of them, most are putting us in the running for the natty. Even without, we're better than Texas.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Shows how little you really know about basketball deputy lol We get either one of them, most are putting us in the running for the natty. Even without, we're better than Texas.
It triggers you not to see Kentucky.
If you are legit it doesn’t matter where they rank you. Gonna play out on the court.
Don’t let words on a message board force you to post. Makes you look insecure.

Reactions: Ukcatz92
It triggers you not to see Kentucky.
If you are legit it doesn’t matter where they rank you. Gonna play out on the court.
Don’t let words on a message board force you to post. Makes you look insecure.
Doesn't trigger at all, gives me a good chuckle lmao. Everyone knows we are deep and good and you're just trolling.... I tried to get you in a bet and you just evade it. If you were that sure about your team and mine, it should be a slam dunk. You're just shooting blanks

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
1. Gonzaga
2. Villanova
3. UCLA
4. Texas
5. Purdue

6 Kansas
7 Michigan
8 Oregon
9 Arkansas
10 Baylor

Na man, with marcus carr texas would have to move up into the g league to give everyone else a chance.

Zags
KU
UK(bc they will get cockburn despite having OT)
Texas
Ucla
michigan
Duke
Nova
Purdue
Arkanas
Baylor

* i dont know shit about anyone outside the top 5 except my team whose about 45

Sometimes it takes time for a Big Man to develop. WCS and Richards were both 3 year guys. What game was that? I'ld like to see the stats. ty in advance!
Richards development was pretty amazing. His first year he missed more dunks than anyone i can remember.

Sometimes it takes time for a Big Man to develop. WCS and Richards were both 3 year guys. What game was that? I'ld like to see the stats. ty in advance!

He had a nice stat-line and some good power moves in that game, but on the other side of the ball I’d call his effort…poor. The middle-aged cop worked him a bit.

Just a powerful dude who will almost score at will from a few feet out. I’m not sure I’ve seen him be able to stretch the defense at all though. Will have a big impact wherever he goes, including Kentucky.

He had a nice stat-line and some good power moves in that game, but on the other side of the ball I’d call his effort…poor. The middle-aged cop worked him a bit.

Just a powerful dude who will almost score at will from a few feet out. I’m not sure I’ve seen him be able to stretch the defense at all though. Will have a big impact wherever he goes, including Kentucky.

No doubt dude.., and OT will never leave the paint. Fortunately, for UK is they have a platoon of guys who can shoot and stretch the floor. I can not overstate how much I'm going to love not seen packed in zone defenses.

Doesn't trigger at all, gives me a good chuckle lmao. Everyone knows we are deep and good and you're just trolling.... I tried to get you in a bet and you just evade it. If you were that sure about your team and mine, it should be a slam dunk. You're just shooting blanks
You seem pretty triggered tbh

Reactions: ceilo77
If UK gets Duren or Kofi, and UT gets Carr, could be the top two teams heading into next season...

Cockburn isn’t that good
Right now they are probably 13-15
Kofi will take the minutes of Oscar so it isn’t like they are adding another piece
They are replacing one.

With Kofi I have them right after Baylor.

Baylor’s roster fits together
Mayer could be a big star with more minutes.

The difference between Kofi and Oscar is that Cockburn is a better offensive player
But Oscar is a better defensive player

Adding what you already have doesn’t make you better

Just adds depth
Really going to play Kofi and Oscar at the same time
Throw Duren out there as well

I agree to a point. It can give a coach flexibility to show different looks based on matchups, but there are diminishing returns when you get past the top 8-10 (some coaches seem to prefer less). Depth is really nice for insurance from injuries or foul trouble as well.

I think Kofi or Duren would make Kentucky better simply because I think either are better than Oscar. Just my opinion.

Just adds depth
Seriously? When you have quality depth, guys can go harder and take a breather without the team losing a beat. Plus there's always the chance of injuries, foul trouble etc. And UK plays aggressive defense. You have better practices. Competition makes each player bring it day in and day out. There's multiple reasons why quality depth is good. You might trim down the rotation in the tournaments, but not necessarily.

We have so many interchangeable parts.

Texas will have a good team but this dude is selling us short. Cal is a proven winner in March and Beard isn't. Ill take the good guys.

Cal is better coach than Beard-but I disagree with Beard isn't a proven winner at March. Upset first round win at Little Rock, elite eight and finals appearance at TTU- if they get Carr, watch out this season...

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK and JimboBBN
Anyway, my top ten based on some assumptions:

1.UK-if they can Kofi or Duren
2.Texas-if they get Carr
3.UCLA
4.Zags
5.NOVA
6.Kansas
7.Michigan
8.Purdue
9.Baylor
10.UNC-upset special with them over Duke.

Big 12 will be loaded with three top teams imo-best conference next season?

Reactions: JimboBBN
No doubt dude.., and OT will never leave the paint. Fortunately, for UK is they have a platoon of guys who can shoot and stretch the floor. I can not overstate how much I'm going to love not seen packed in zone defenses.
So do you think OT and Kofi will play together much? And of so where does that leave the army of PFs on the roster?

I have a hard time seeing them playing together unless yall run alot of high low stuff, but idk maybe run a dpuble pick with both in ur pick in rolls. Im not exactly john wooden obv. Just seem like the same player from the outside looking in, OT more athletic, kofi probably better in the post. Both genetic freaks. Not sure if either has any kind of shot tho, even mid range.

But like one dude said in another thread if they do play together good luck to everyone elsr on the court trying to get a rebound.

Anyway, my top ten based on some assumptions:

1.UK-if they can Kofi or Duren
2.Texas-if they get Carr
3.UCLA
4.Zags
5.NOVA
6.Kansas
7.Michigan
8.Purdue
9.Baylor
10.UNC-upset special with them over Duke.

Big 12 will be loaded with three top teams imo-best conference next season?
I just can't see UK being top 5 going into the season. I'm sure it's not a popular opinion with my peers, but there's a lot of new comers and sure the talent is there, but too many unknowns.

Other teams ahead of us have talent as well with being proven.

Cal is better coach than Beard-but I disagree with Beard isn't a proven winner at March. Upset first round win at Little Rock, elite eight and finals appearance at TTU- if they get Carr, watch out this season...
Cal also only has 1 final four that didnt have the #1 draft pick on his team, that helps in becoming a proven winner in march but i also understand recruiting is part of the coaches job. But his only title 2012, he had 1 and 2 picks plus other first rounders iirc. Nba players that got time in the league at some point or another in teague and miller and lamb and jones.

And again i understand recruiting is apart of the gig, but i wouldnt consider cal a better coach than beard currently, but im obv biased as well.

Last edited:
So do you think OT and Kofi will play together much? And of so where does that leave the army of PFs on the roster?

I have a hard time seeing them playing together unless yall run alot of high low stuff, but idk maybe run a dpuble pick with both in ur pick in rolls. Im not exactly john wooden obv. Just seem like the same player from the outside looking in, OT more athletic, kofi probably better in the post. Both genetic freaks. Not sure if either has any kind of shot tho, even mid range.

But like one dude said in another thread if they do play together good luck to everyone elsr on the court trying to get a rebound.
I think the Center position will probably be platooned based. Guy get tired ok, guy matches up better with certain lines up, clock situation etc. I can't see them playing together.

1. UCLA
2. Gonzaga
3. Kansas
4. Michigan
5. Villanova
6. Texas
7. Purdue
8. Duke
9. Oregon
10. Kentucky
11. Baylor
12. Tennessee
13. Alabama
14. North Carolina
15. Houston
16. Ohio State
17. Florida State
18. Arkansas
19. Virginia Tech
20. Saint Bonaventure
21. Oklahoma State
22. Indiana
23. Memphis
24. Maryland
25. Auburn

If UK gets Kofi or Duren, move them up to #3.

I'm really intrigued by the SEC. Kentucky appears to be the front runner. They have good players and outstanding depth (and they could obviously begin the season much higher than #10). After that, there's a truckload of competition behind them! Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Florida. Odds are, one of these teams will finish in the top 10. That conference brought in a ridiculous amount of talent through the transfer portal. I think the SEC is likely to be the conference with the most teams in the Sweet 16.

Just adds depth
So adding depth doesnt make your team better? Players do get injured you know, and not many if any play 40 mins a game.

slide this up there with coaching doesnt matter and nothing random happens in march

Kofi and Oscar playing together is getting overblown. Cal has had teams with multiple bigs, even that cant stretch the floor well, do well over the years.

Cousins/Patterson
KAT/WCS

So adding depth doesnt make your team better? Players do get injured you know, and not many if any play 40 mins a game.

slide this up there with coaching doesnt matter and nothing random happens in march

Didn’t say that.
Replacing Oscar with Kofi won’t turn Kentucky a preseason Top 3 team.

Because I already knew they had a legit big. Might be able to have 40 minutes of them.
But doesn’t change where the team is at as much as some think

From what I'm hearing/reading it really looks like Kofi to UK and Duren to Memphis if goes the college route. Penny has come strong with him.

I just can't see UK being top 5 going into the season. I'm sure it's not a popular opinion with my peers, but there's a lot of new comers and sure the talent is there, but too many unknowns.

Other teams ahead of us have talent as well with being proven.

Very valid Luker- however, some counterarguments to that:

1. I can't think of a more talented roster from 1-12 than UK's, especially if they get Kofi or Duren
  2. Oscar, Grady and Fredrick are all legit transfers that are proven how good they are in legit conferences- plus not even mentioning Wheeler, who lead SEC in assist.
  3. Freshman talent with Collins and Washington both being five stars, plus Hopkins who was almost one as well.
  4. And Orlando A is back as an assistant coach to Cal, who you could argue has been his best assistant since his time at UK (or Payne)
  5. IF UK does not get Kofi or Duren, UCLA, Texas (with Carr) or Zags could slide into number one.

ADVERTISEMENT