ADVERTISEMENT

Whats a purple ace ?

Ace_Purple.png

Apparently this?

th

Or this which reminds me of Weekend at Bernie's.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Evansville's athletics teams were originally known as the Pioneers in the early part of the 1900s. In the 1920s, the name Aces arose after a local sports writer wrote in a game story of the men's basketball team, "They played like Aces." The team has been known as the Aces and/or Purple Aces ever since.

Interesting.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Ironically enough, it was a UL coach that helped with the nickname. After losing to Evansville in 1924 UL coach told Evansville coach--"You didn't have 4 ACES up your sleeve---you had 5". Coach Harmon quoted this to the Evansville Courier----and whamo---Evansville Purple Aces was born.

Reactions: rockycard
Evansville's athletics teams were originally known as the Pioneers in the early part of the 1900s. In the 1920s, the name Aces arose after a local sports writer wrote in a game story of the men's basketball team, "They played like Aces." The team has been known as the Aces and/or Purple Aces ever since.

Interesting.

Im being sarcastic.
Evansville is 2 hours away from here and theyre in my high school district in Southern Indiana.

It's a moniker for"world-beaters". I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed in your trolling tonight. I wasn't able to see the game, but when I saw the score my first thought was "Oh man, Kerry Rhodes is going in dry tonight!".

You've kept it pretty tame.

LoL.

Of course yall will play like the Golden State Warriors when UofL comes to town :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Worst loss of the Calipari Era....worse that Robert Morris.
Nah....one ended your season. This team still gets to play and get better. Any loss at home seems to sting 500 times worse---but there is a ton of season left.

I wonder if the mods on Rupp Rafters will ban any poster with ‘Aces’ in their handle like they did us Vols last season.

And they can claim they have a player alum in the bball hall of fame.

ADVERTISEMENT