ADVERTISEMENT

What would you change about where your team plays home games?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Rupp Arena needs a new seating chart. There needs to be an effort to bring the more camera-friendly and energetic fans to the forefront, and allow those fans that are kinda tired (my group) be more in the shadows. Rupp Arena is a good place to take in a game, and can be electrifying for certain opponents, but I’d rather have more consistent energy on display instead of only highs and lulls.

I also think a change in size would improve the atmosphere. It’s pretty cavernous.

EKDsueFXsAAMaSX.jpg

Last edited:
WinTrust is a massive improvement over Rosemont Horizon, but it's still got it's own issues. Needs a bigger concourse and much better in/out access to the parking lot. Also the food options are awful.

Once you're actually in your seat the place is great to watch games.

Is there enough space for that.
Such a unique setup that you have a multipurpose facility. Basketball and football. Only a few schools do that and the rest are much smaller schools

It’s feasible but season ticket holders are the problem. Idk if they would actually turn the court or just move it out of the end zone, but season ticket holders complain that they won’t get comparable seats. They pay big bucks to the university so they get their way.

Turn the cameras so it shows the student section which is packed for every single game instead of the booster side that boosters no longer sit in since the renovation because they’d rather go back in the lounge area and watch on TV.

Small, intimate atmosphere. Check. Front-row seating reserved for the students. Check. Students standing and cheering through the entirety of the game. Check. Hard to beat that atmosphere...

So, I'll say getting rid of air conditioning. We didn't have A/C prior to the 2003 season. It was a fantastic home court advantage. "Sweat, Gary! Sweat!"

Small, intimate atmosphere. Check. Front-row seating reserved for the students. Check. Students standing and cheering through the entirety of the game. Check. Hard to beat that atmosphere...

So, I'll say getting rid of air conditioning. We didn't have A/C prior to the 2003 season. It was a fantastic home court advantage. "Sweat, Gary! Sweat!"
hqdefault.jpg

Might want to put him at the top of the “get rid of” list.

2 different home venues... Wells Fargo Center in Philly (home of the Sixers, Flyers, 20k seats)) is the host for a number of games a year---typically the "bigger" ones. Pretty close to sell it out each time.

The other is the Finneran Pavilion on campus. Too small (6500 seats), recently renovated for a better game experience, but local zoning will never get it approved for more capacity. Would have loved to see it expanded in size to 10-12K to allow for more students and younger alumni but alas, local township would have nothing to do with that. Very tough ticket to get as it stands now.

TBH, a lot....For one, student tickets. IMO, way to many....Its like 7,000 or so.

Secondly, and probably the biggest issue----that ****in' balcony. Terrible.

For FSU, I’d say have general seating for non-con games (except UF). People ain’t driving from Orlando on a Tuesday to watch us play SE Texas State Tech. Let local kids come and see the action up close.

The parking situation kind of sucks. After they get the new training facility built I would like them to build a parking garage. They probably won't but that way you don't have to walk 3 miles if you are not a season ticket holder that lives in Lubbock.

I actually can’t think of anything to change about Allen Fieldhouse. I never walk in there and wish something was different. Maybe someone else can?

I actually can’t think of anything to change about Allen Fieldhouse. I never walk in there and wish something was different. Maybe someone else can?
Nope....Love the windows that allow sunlight in; Reminds me of Hinkle. Field House(Butler).
Interesting tid-bit:

Construction on AFH was halted due to the war. Wasn't enough steel. Construction resumed in 1954, and AFH opened in 1955.

ADVERTISEMENT