ADVERTISEMENT

What Was the Last Thing You Enjoyed Doing

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
then put down and never returned to? I used to play COD with my son when he was young, now he's in college and he doesn't have the time or interest. Same with the guitar. I started to play a bit in college all the way up to about the age of 45, and then just lost interest. I don't know if it's due to getting older or what. I sort of miss doing/enjoying those things, but can't seem to generate the interest to return to it with equal enthusiasm.

Guess I'm just a little depressed lately.

I had to give up these 2
Bowling and Deer hunting with a bow, there was something about bow hunting that was a calming effect. sitting there watching the small wood peckers and other birds and small animals coming within a foot some times closer. with no care or fear in the world.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I had to give up these 2
Bowling and Deer hunting with a bow, there was something about bow hunting that was a calming effect. sitting there watching the small wood peckers and other birds and small animals coming within a foot some times closer. with no care or fear in the world.
Why did you stop?

Sports other than golf. I used to play basketball, volleyball, and softball regularly.

Running. 3,857 consecutive days, then I screwed up and missed a day. I've only run a handful of times in the 11+ months since. I think it would be an insult to people with legit depression to finish this sentence, but maybe...

Bowling. Me and my uncle and a couple of my cousins used to go bowling all the time when I was younger but I haven’t gone bowling in years and with the problems that I have with my shoulders that get worse as I get older if I were to go bowling now I probably wouldn’t be able to to move my arms for days because my shoulders would probably be so sore from bowing. I might would be able to get through one game but that would probably be it but when we used to go bowling we would bowl around 4-6 games and we would usually go bowling at least 2-3 times per week.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Posting on the duke rivals site. I would like to have my ban lifted please. :mad:

Playing the drums. Played from age 9 to about 30. Played in college bands that actually got paid. Then wife, kids, military service, desert storm, kinda got in the way. Sold my set about 10 years ago. Want it back now just for a work out other than golf.

Running. 3,857 consecutive days, then I screwed up and missed a day. I've only run a handful of times in the 11+ months since. I think it would be an insult to people with legit depression to finish this sentence, but maybe...

Impressive. Do you have a minimum time/distance you have to meet for each day?

You guys have more motivation than me. I stopped focusing on running back in Dec/Jan and have been hitting the weights hard. The two dont go together very well to say the least. No way could I run a 5K at this point now.

It amazes me how running is. Even if you don't gain any weight or have ANY physical changes, if you take like 2 months off (for me anyways), you are back to square one as far as time goes. Doesn't take too long to catch back up but still.

Y

It amazes me how running is. Even if you don't gain any weight or have ANY physical changes, if you take like 2 months off (for me anyways), you are back to square one as far as time goes. Doesn't take too long to catch back up but still.

For sure. I'm not built for running. I'm built for comfort.

Reactions: UL_1986
then put down and never returned to? I used to play COD with my son when he was young, now he's in college and he doesn't have the time or interest. Same with the guitar. I started to play a bit in college all the way up to about the age of 45, and then just lost interest. I don't know if it's due to getting older or what. I sort of miss doing/enjoying those things, but can't seem to generate the interest to return to it with equal enthusiasm.

Guess I'm just a little depressed lately.
I was a bridge fanatic and played a lot of tournament bridge. It too a lot of time and I haven't played one hand since I got married 50 years ago.

I used to work out almost every day. I loved lifting. There’s no better antidepressant than throwing some weights around.

I got a puppy a couple years ago and quit going after that. I just feel bad he’s at my house all day while I’m working and then I go straight to the gym after work. He’s by himself basically 12 hours out of the day. Looking into a home gym all in one piece of equipment. Any suggestions would be great. I need to get back into it

I enjoy exercise and enjoyed running while doing something but I hated running for the sake of it. I was always fast but just sucked at distance running. Even when I was in great shape I could hardly run a couple of miles.

I used to work out almost every day. I loved lifting. There’s no better antidepressant than throwing some weights around.

I got a puppy a couple years ago and quit going after that. I just feel bad he’s at my house all day while I’m working and then I go straight to the gym after work. He’s by himself basically 12 hours out of the day. Looking into a home gym all in one piece of equipment. Any suggestions would be great. I need to get back into it

I did really get into lifting in my late 20s. I enjoyed it immensely. I still do abs and pushups throughout the week but that's it. We have a few machines in the basement but I don't use them. The main thing I did use when I was working out at home were those bowflex dumbbells. I was always a fan of free weights though. We still have them in the basement but all I ever use them for now are sidebends.

1090-dumbbell-stand-feature-pdp.jpg

Reactions: JimboBBN
I did really get into lifting in my late 20s. I enjoyed it immensely. I still do abs and pushups throughout the week but that's it. We have a few machines in the basement but I don't use them. The main thing I did use when I was working out at home were those bowflex dumbbells. I was always a fan of free weights though. We still have them in the basement but all I ever use them for now are sidebends.

1090-dumbbell-stand-feature-pdp.jpg
Those look nice. And yea man, something about throwing your pump up music on and lifting. It was a high in itself.

I’ve looked on amazon and around locally for a do it all machine. Most of the good ones were easily a grand or more. But it would be totally worth it for me. Working out and being home at the same time

For sure. I'm not built for running. I'm built for comfort.

Get a $300 rowing machine for a nice 20-30 minute workout that gives a nice endorphin rush. Better for your joints, and if you have room in your house you can do it while watching TV or similarly enjoying some creature comforts.

Reactions: KisteK
I enjoy exercise and enjoyed running while doing something but I hated running for the sake of it.
I was this way about running for the longest time, too. Do you like going on walks? When I got to the point where my entire mind wasn't consumed with the running and breathing, when I could just run and let my mind wander, it became cathartic, much like a nice walk.

I was this way about running for the longest time, too. Do you like going on walks? When I got to the point where my entire mind wasn't consumed with the running and breathing, when I could just run and let my mind wander, it became cathartic, much like a nice walk.

I don't really like walking either, lol. I enjoy walking in nature like at state parks on trials but don't love it. My wife loves walking though so I do it with her sometimes. I don't really enjoy exercise for the sake of exercise though (outside of when I used to lift and really then it was all just about wanting to have a six pack and look a certain way). I like exercising while I'm playing a sport or something, or at least used to. I stay in pretty good shape now because I'm lucky and because of my job. I wish I could enjoy it and have given it numerous tries over the years.

I enjoy exercise and enjoyed running while doing something but I hated running for the sake of it. I was always fast but just sucked at distance running. Even when I was in great shape I could hardly run a couple of miles.
I am the same. I would run all day if it was playing basketball or football. However the only time I am running nowadays is from someone or to the bathroom. I do enjoy walking.....when playing 18.

I am the same. I would run all day if it was playing basketball or football. However the only time I am running nowadays is from someone or to the bathroom. I do enjoy walking.....when playing 18.

I’m all about the cart, haha.

Reactions: denniden
Hookers and blow gets said a lot but it’s the trufth. Always a good time if you wrap it up and do what it do.

I’m all about the cart, haha.
I am now as well. I get enough steps in in my day for two people to be healthy. Especially during days we have outings.

I play better when I walk though.

I am now as well. I get enough steps in in my day for two people to be healthy. Especially during days we have outings.

I play better when I walk though.

Really? I haven't walked in years. I just have no interest in exercising while I golf (though a driving range session is a hell of a workout in the heat). Plus, in our city amateur tournaments you can use a cart so there is no reason for me to practice without one.

Playing NCAA football
i had stopped and then played in an online dynasty lst year...my ps3 died and I thought I was done ( I have a ps4 but never use it) wife got me a refurbished ps3 for Father's Day and I am just about week 10 on the first season of my new dynasty. Operation Sports has updated rosters...dust it off...it is still fun though I know I play once maybe twice a week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT