ADVERTISEMENT

What OOC record would you be satisfied with?

hawkit3113

Apr 14, 2011
Or in the Big 10's case, what record would you be satisfied with heading into Jan.

If Iowa can go 10-3 heading into Jan 1st, I will be pleased. We will be in good shape for the tournament.

12 and yore mom's O face.

I didn't look to see how many games we play before Jan. 1.

I don't really care what MSU's OCC record is, except for notching a few "quality" wins (are they still using Quadrants and all that bullshit again, this year?).

That said, MSU plays a very tough OCC schedule. First game against #2 UK, then a cupcake, then @ Seton Hall, then Maui Invitational against VT with potential to meet Kansas in the final, then Duke at home.

Would be great to get wins against UK and Duke, but MSU usually loses these early season games to "prepare" for later in the season or some shit. Would be nice to beat UK, just to hang onto the #1 ranking for a minute.

Reactions: MGC_07
I don't really care what MSU's OCC record is, except for notching a few "quality" wins (are they still using Quadrants and all that bullshit again, this year?).

That said, MSU plays a very tough OCC schedule. First game against #2 UK, then a cupcake, then @ Seton Hall, then Maui Invitational against VT with potential to meet Kansas in the final, then Duke at home.

Would be great to get wins against UK and Duke, but MSU usually loses these early season games to "prepare" for later in the season or some shit. Would be nice to beat UK, just to hang onto the #1 ranking for a minute.
Hard to believe our game is less than a week away. Not sure who wins, but I expect both teams to look like it’s their first game of the year, playing against very tough competition.

Or in the Big 10's case, what record would you be satisfied with heading into Jan.

If Iowa can go 10-3 heading into Jan 1st, I will be pleased. We will be in good shape for the tournament.

I’d take 9-2 OOC for FSU. That means going 3-2 against @UF, (n)Tennessee, (n)VCU/Purdue, @IU, and (n)USF.

For record as of January 1, I’ll take 11-3. That would mean a 2-1 start in ACC play, which honestly, a 3-0 start isn’t out of the question (@Pitt, Clemson, GT).

I’d take 9-2 OOC for FSU. That means going 3-2 against @UF, (n)Tennessee, (n)VCU/Purdue, @IU, and (n)USF.

For record as of January 1, I’ll take 11-3. That would mean a 2-1 start in ACC play, which honestly, a 3-0 start isn’t out of the question (@Pitt, Clemson, GT).

You guys have arguably the toughest opening week in all of college basketball. Road games against Pitt and Florida. Nice way for the newcomers to get an early taste of big-time college basketball.

You guys have arguably the toughest opening week in all of college basketball. Road games against Pitt and Florida. Nice way for the newcomers to get an early taste of big-time college basketball.

It’s a really crappy start to the schedule for a team who lost a lot of senior leadership. I know Ham isn’t thrilled about it. And it’s compounded by the fact that MJ Walker likely won’t be available for the first 2.

Having said that, the other 28 games set up very well. We essentially can’t lose an OOC home game based on who we have on the docket, the neutral site games are nearby, and Indiana is a good opponent but not unbeatable for the Big 10 challenge. Then our ACC schedule in December/January eases in nicely and we get some tougher opponents at home.

My hope is that we can find a way to go 1-1 with the opening two. But 0-2, while it will cause our ignorant fanbase to throw their arms up in the air, won’t be a death knell by any means.

Start 2-0 and I’m thinking a 5 seed or better!

Reactions: dukedevilz
i think we’ll head into January with 1 or 2 losses at worst. We start the season against #3 Kansas in the Champions Classic on Tuesday and we play #1 Michigan State in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge on December 3rd and it’s at Michigan State.

I think out of Kentucky, at Seton Hall, Maui (likely Kansas in the final), and Duke, we go 2-2. If we head into Big Ten play with 2 losses I’ll be satisfied.

TBH, I would be disappointed with anything less than 11-2. Honestly, maybe 12-1. Our toughest games are mostly at home: FSU, Princeton, UConn, Arkansas. Notre Dame is at Bankers--but that'll be a pro IU crowd. @ Wisky---Haven't won their since the civil war. I wouldn't be largely upset if IU lost at home to FSU---But, well, I don't think we should.

11-2 heading into Jan 4 game @ Maryland.

There's only one game I want UK to win, regardless of when the question is asked. The answer is always "The next one.".

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not sure. UNC has a tough OOC schedule though so will have some losses for sure. I would say between 2 and 4 probably.

Since I really feel this team needs to get off to a strong start I would say 10-1 going into conference with a home game against LSU during the conference season.

I think winning the tournament in NY is the key.
Play Georgetown and then Duke or Cal

The Duke game will bring everything back to 2017.
Texas should have won that game.
I don't see why they cannot this year.

I could live with 8-4, would be satisfied with 9-3, would be hard to live with at 12-0.

ADVERTISEMENT