ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of season do you anticipate?

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Try to keep this more basketball related than politics related, I reckon. The last two politics threads got nuked.

Thoughts on the schedule for the upcoming year? Do we get a regular season with limited fans? No fans? Conference schedule only? Delayed season?

Obviously as basketball junkies we all hope for the best, but realistically at this point, what should we expect?

Reactions: sdave
Vaccine shows up in time, saves the season, it starts on time, but arenas go with limited capacity and builds up slowly as virus cases decrease.

Yes, I'm an optimist.

Late December early January conference only schedule.

Maybe some sort of expanded tournament, if more in control.

Baseball is showing the **** up right now when not in a bubble.

UK has their first #1 recruited class in a few years. Any theories about how the season will somehow be fitted to those circumstances?

At best season will start in January and conference only.Sure hope I am wrong.

I doubt there is a season at this point. Perhaps they could try the same model as the NBA, but the logistics of it compounded with the infrastructure seems kind of like a pipe dream.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I doubt there is a season at this point. Perhaps they could try the same model as the NBA, but the logistics of it compounded with the infrastructure seems kind of like a pipe dream.

You can’t put just the “student” athletes in a bubble

Reactions: UL_1986
You can’t put just the “student” athletes in a bubble
Exactly, so that’s why I just don’t see it happening. Hopefully it will because without cbb this upcoming year, there’s really not much to look forward to in terms of entertainment. I’m just glad the NBA is still doing their thing. (Even though it’s not as exciting without fans)

Reactions: Jaycg15 and klize17
I have a hard time seeing the entire season being lost. A delayed schedule or shortened schedule with limited capacity is how I'm leaning.
The reason I think it might get cancelled is venues not having that type of infrastructure all over the US when multiple (sometimes 10-15 games) being played a day. It doesn’t sound feasible to smaller schools who wouldn’t have that type of cash to do so. Hopefully I’m wrong, and hopefully a vaccine is on its way before the season gets here. I’m being optimistic, but also looking through the lens of being a realist.

Oh really? :(

Just don't see it happening. These kids are coming from all over, they're not afraid of the risk, and they want to have a college experience. If they get going this fall, it won't last long. Best case is early next year.

Vaccine will hopefully be approved and in early stages of dissemination. Athletes are hopefully given first access for our sake.

Start in January, conference play only, limited to no fans, no conference Tourney, and a 32 or less NCAA tourney with no fans. Might only see major conferences playing with the smaller schools opting out all together. IF Football is canceled there will be no basketball.

hopefully the Oxford vaccine proves effective and life goes back to normal
the greatest minds in the world (not just the U.S.A.) have been working on a vaccine

if we do have a season i think UK is FF bound

hopefully the Oxford vaccine proves effective and life goes back to normal
the greatest minds in the world (not just the U.S.A.) have been working on a vaccine

Unfortunately, Gates and Fauci are pushing the RNA Frankenvaccine to the front. Developed by a company that was nearing bankruptcy.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Late December early January conference only schedule.

Maybe some sort of expanded tournament, if more in control.

Funny how things change in a week lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT