ADVERTISEMENT

What is Wrong With Tennessee?

We were kind of counting on you all to “lift all ships” in our conference so to speak. Alabama not even ranked. WTH?!
Yeah, that was an ugly game. We will try harder at lifting the conference. Thanks for winning one last night, y'all have been pretty heavy, maybe that will help.

Yeah, that was an ugly game. We will try harder at lifting the conference. Thanks for winning one last night, y'all have been pretty heavy, maybe that will help.
Pretty hard to pad win totals in conference play.

tossing up a softball

Pretty hard to pad win totals in conference play.

tossing up a softball
636563884785394447-kns-ladymissouri-11521.jpg

Can't wait to pad our schedule when we play y'all.

Now maybe y’all Vol fans see what UK has felt for the last 50 plus years or longer!

Reactions: RunninRichie
If you don’t mind I’m gonna screen shot this post!Laughing
Sure, we will just have to hope UK wins a few more games, I don't want you to vanish. If you do, I'll only have Lurker's cryptic posts to decipher.

If you don’t mind I’m gonna screen shot this post!Laughing
UT fans are hilarious. “UT is rising” we’ve heard that for years. Arkansas in the 90s (they actually got to a national title game and won it) florida in the 2000s auburn the past 3 years and now tennessee. When will these fans of trash sec programs ever learn? UK has stood the test of time.

UT fans are hilarious. “UT is rising” we’ve heard that for years. Arkansas in the 90s (they actually got to a national title game and won it) florida in the 2000s auburn the past 3 years and now tennessee. When will these fans of trash sec programs ever learn? UK has stood the test of time.
1926 was a long time ago. Welcome home. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Kentucky and the 13 dwarves.
I just hope y'all don't all skidaddle off to Rupp's Rafters when your slid resumes. Y'all all look like gophers popping your heads out of the ground after your OT win over Mighty MSU. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
You've kinda felt it too. Barnes is 7-5 over Cal.😎

I just hope y'all don't all skidaddle off to Rupp's Rafters when your slid resumes. Y'all all look like gophers popping your heads out of the ground after your OT win over Mighty MSU. 😁

Oh you mean kinda like the way UT fans was nowhere to be found on planet earth until they started doing decent? Lol like I’ve said before, I like it when other SEC schools are good but don’t set there and act like UT has done something. Your best team ever couldn’t even make a final 4!

Oh you mean kinda like the way UT fans was nowhere to be found on planet earth until they started doing decent? Lol like I’ve said before, I like it when other SEC schools are good but don’t set there and act like UT has done something. Your best team ever couldn’t even make a final 4!
I think it comes down to the individual. You either support or you don't. You are a bandwagon fan if you only support if your team is kicking ass. I have given bammers hell (football) for years on these boards, just ask them. However, I'm not an idiot, I know that in some of those games it will take devine intervention for the Vols to win, I still give them hell. That is because I believe that you don't just fight the battles you can win, you fight the battles that need fighting.

I admire the UK fans that have represented during y'all's slump, they are true fans. The other UK fans are just _ _ _ _. It didn't take long for the cull to happen.

Act like UT has made the final 4? I never act like it matters about anything in the past.
I always act like it is the present that matters.

I think it comes down to the individual. You either support or you don't. You are a bandwagon fan if you only support if your team is kicking ass. I have given bammers hell (football) for years on these boards, just ask them. However, I'm not an idiot, I know that in some of those games it will take devine intervention for the Vols to win, I still give them hell. That is because I believe that you don't just fight the battles you can win, you fight the battles that need fighting.

I admire the UK fans that have represented during y'all's slump, they are true fans. The other UK fans are just _ _ _ _. It didn't take long for the cull to happen.

Act like UT has made the final 4? I never act like it matters about anything in the past.
I always act like it is the present that matters.

Like I’ve said before, if UT had a past worth mentioning I would say you would see that differently but with what UT offers its fans I can see why y’all don’t like talking about it. As far as fans go, UT fans have no right to judge anybody giving how y’all don’t show up until a good year pops up. Like several on here has told you, we’ve seen teams (Ark, UF) pop up and have a good two or three year run but the difference is with them, they actually won titles, UT, nothing yet!

Reactions: RunninRichie
^That, and it was a complete ghost town by Vol fans on Soundoff after we waxed them.

What UK fans have disappeared. I see the same usernames that have always posted on the national boards. CrazyQ is the only guy I can think of. And I assumed he just caught a ban at some point. Hes buckwild even by my standards 😂

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Like I’ve said before, if UT had a past worth mentioning I would say you would see that differently but with what UT offers its fans I can see why y’all don’t like talking about it. As far as fans go, UT fans have no right to judge anybody giving how y’all don’t show up until a good year pops up. Like several on here has told you, we’ve seen teams (Ark, UF) pop up and have a good two or three year run but the difference is with them, they actually won titles, UT, nothing yet!
Don't be stupid Scotty. A fan is just a fan. Fans are not part of the team and most of you became fans when you went to the Circle K and bought a T-shirt. The notion that one fan is superior to another based on team performance is the argument of a bandwagon fan. They will simply disappear when their teams starts to lose. We have witnessed this during the UK slump. It is generated by needy people that can't produce a positive self image on their own and need an outside source to attain a feeling of superiority. It is a character defect.

UT fans have as much right to anything in fandom as any other fan. You are starting to slid down the slope of identity politics and that is a bad look.

Regarding UK's rich history. You need to wake up and smell the coffee. The recipe for UK's great record for past decades is dead. The one and done culture has killed it. UK can no longer load up a team of great players and watch them mature into superstars that graduate in 4 years and go Pro. UK is forced to pick up top athletes for only one year and then bye bye. As we both know, it takes an 18 yr old time to adjust to CBB and some of those players have loads of talent, but are lacking in maturity.

Are you like Bert and sit back and rewatch UK games for years past? Are you that pathetic? No one with a brain looks forward to a past event, they look forward to future events. I look forward to every game we play. Sometimes it sucks (bama the other night), but it is just wash rinse and get ready for the next one.

Boy, you really put a lot of thought into that didn’t you? Fans aren’t just fans! Like I’ve said over and over, we see fans like you all the time. You’re obsessed with UK and say and do anything to take away from what they have accomplished over the years. It’s fine, I get it! Am I proud of our past? Hell yes but I don’t hang my hat on it. We’ve been one of the most consistent teams from day one and that says something. And please don’t act like you don’t get tore up about UT’s two or three glory years in football. You cream yourself every time you hear Peyton Manning’s name. For me, I’m glad UT has had a good couple years. It’s good for the SEC but for the love of god let your team actually win something before you try and give them blue blood status. Just because somebody doesn’t set and type on a message board 24/7 like you do doesn’t make them a bandwagon fan. Kentucky sucks right now and it don’t bother me to say it. I can live with a down year here and there because it doesn’t happen very often. I actually like when people like you give us hell because if I can dish it I can certainly take it. Laughing

• Haha
Boy, you really put a lot of thought into that didn’t you? Fans aren’t just fans! Like I’ve said over and over, we see fans like you all the time. You’re obsessed with UK and say and do anything to take away from what they have accomplished over the years. It’s fine, I get it! Am I proud of our past? Hell yes but I don’t hang my hat on it. We’ve been one of the most consistent teams from day one and that says something. And please don’t act like you don’t get tore up about UT’s two or three glory years in football. You cream yourself every time you hear Peyton Manning’s name. For me, I’m glad UT has had a good couple years. It’s good for the SEC but for the love of god let your team actually win something before you try and give them blue blood status. Just because somebody doesn’t set and type on a message board 24/7 like you do doesn’t make them a bandwagon fan. Kentucky sucks right now and it don’t bother me to say it. I can live with a down year here and there because it doesn’t happen very often. I actually like when people like you give us hell because if I can dish it I can certainly take it. Laughing
Well, we are both in a thread titled "What's wrong with Tennessee", so we can defer from that it's you that is obsessed with Tennessee instead of the reverse.

I'm fine with UK and on numerous occasions have stated my respect for Cal as a great coach. It is some of UK's arrogant bandwagon T-shirt fans that I take issue with. You guys sit in a CBB forum 365 days of the year regardless if the season is over and other sports are in progress. It's the delusional notion that you're a super fan (as if there were such a thing) because of your teams past success. I suppose your own lives are so shallow and meaningless that you grasp at a CBB's team success and claim it as your own at the small price of buying a T-shirt at Walmart.

Now the unthinkable has come to pass and we see all this staunch UK fans disappear as y'all went 1-6 to start the season. Yeah, a few remained and they were duly noted. The problem with some of y'all's fans is that if you can't be arrogant POS spouting off the BlueBlood crap, you just run away.

Regarding UT in CFB, I have not lorded UT being a top 10 team all time over UK or anyone else we hold an advantage over. I don't think I have ever even mentioned the Lady Vols basketball (which I love dearly) accomplishments either. I keep it to CBB and the here and now.

Regarding UT in CFB, I have not lorded UT being a top 10 team all time over UK or anyone else we hold an advantage over. I don't think I have ever even mentioned the Lady Vols basketball (which I love dearly) accomplishments either. I keep it to CBB and the here and now.

Nothing wrong with sticking with all you currently have.

Well, we are both in a thread titled "What's wrong with Tennessee", so we can defer from that it's you that is obsessed with Tennessee instead of the reverse.

I'm fine with UK and on numerous occasions have stated my respect for Cal as a great coach. It is some of UK's arrogant bandwagon T-shirt fans that I take issue with. You guys sit in a CBB forum 365 days of the year regardless if the season is over and other sports are in progress. It's the delusional notion that you're a super fan (as if there were such a thing) because of your teams past success. I suppose your own lives are so shallow and meaningless that you grasp at a CBB's team success and claim it as your own at the small price of buying a T-shirt at Walmart.

Now the unthinkable has come to pass and we see all this staunch UK fans disappear as y'all went 1-6 to start the season. Yeah, a few remained and they were duly noted. The problem with some of y'all's fans is that if you can't be arrogant POS spouting off the BlueBlood crap, you just run away.

Sweetheart you can say I’m obsessed with anybody you want if it makes you feel better but please tell me why anybody would be obsessed with UT lol. Your problem is you think people can’t tell that you’re obsessed with UK. Always bitching about somebody talking about UK’s past. It’s not like we won all our titles back in the 50’s and haven’t won any since, we have been the most consistent program from day one. Like it or not it’s a fact. Hell we just won a title 8 years ago and we’ve had a few final fours. And what’s your deal with UK fans wearing tshirts? Does UT fans wear suits or something? I live on the Tennessee line so I see what you sum bitches wear down there. Big white tshirt with a big orange T on it with the sleeves cut out and that’s just the women folk. I’d hate to see how the men dress. You keep talking about people disappearing so who exactly has disappeared? I’m in here every few days if not every day and the same people are always here. Not that I keep up with them but it looks like most of the regulars. If you get that tore up about a few UK fans disappearing then you can probably see why we tell people like you to calm down about your team having a little 2 year run of decent success. We’ve seen team after team do it and we watch and listen to them tell us how they’re here to stay only to watch them flame out and fall back to the bottom. The truth is your men’s basketball team isn’t on the same level as UK, your women’s team isn’t the level as UConn and your football team is the level as Bama. I hope UT stays good because like i said, it’s good for the SEC but win before you claim the head seat at the table!

Sweetheart you can say I’m obsessed with anybody you want if it makes you feel better but please tell me why anybody would be obsessed with UT lol. Your problem is you think people can’t tell that you’re obsessed with UK. Always bitching about somebody talking about UK’s past. It’s not like we won all our titles back in the 50’s and haven’t won any since, we have been the most consistent program from day one. Like it or not it’s a fact. Hell we just won a title 8 years ago and we’ve had a few final fours. And what’s your deal with UK fans wearing tshirts? Does UT fans wear suits or something? I live on the Tennessee line so I see what you sum bitches wear down there. Big white tshirt with a big orange T on it with the sleeves cut out and that’s just the women folk. I’d hate to see how the men dress. You keep talking about people disappearing so who exactly has disappeared? I’m in here every few days if not every day and the same people are always here. Not that I keep up with them but it looks like most of the regulars. If you get that tore up about a few UK fans disappearing then you can probably see why we tell people like you to calm down about your team having a little 2 year run of decent success. We’ve seen team after team do it and we watch and listen to them tell us how they’re here to stay only to watch them flame out and fall back to the bottom. The truth is your men’s basketball team isn’t on the same level as UK, your women’s team isn’t the level as UConn and your football team is the level as Bama. I hope UT stays good because like i said, it’s good for the SEC but win before you claim the head seat at the table!
Not only did you abandon UK in her time of need, it is obvious that you abandoned paragraphs too. Furthermore, if you're not familiar with term "T-shirt fan", I'm not going to explain it to you.

UT hoops not on the same level as UK? UT football not on the same level as bama? Lady Vols not on the same level as UConn? You're right on all three. bama and UConn are tops in those perspective sports, but UT is well ahead of UK in CBB by every measurable this year and it is not close. You should have picked Gonzaga in CBB and won the trifecta. However, the difference between me and you is I accept where UT is and you have delusional notion that UK wins from the 40's inoculate UK from ass kickings of today and they don't.

Btw, we are kicking y'all's ass this year.

Not only did you abandon UK in her time of need, it is obvious that you abandoned paragraphs too. Furthermore, if you're not familiar with term "T-shirt fan", I'm not going to explain it to you.

UT hoops not on the same level as UK? UT football not on the same level as bama? Lady Vols not on the same level as UConn? You're right on all three. bama and UConn are tops in those perspective sports, but UT is well ahead of UK in CBB by every measurable this year and it is not close. You should have picked Gonzaga in CBB and won the trifecta. However, the difference between me and you is I accept where UT is and you have delusional notion that UK wins from the 40's inoculate UK from ass kickings of today and they don't.

You misspelled licking.

Have you ever wondered how painful it would feel to have a barn fall on ya? It is going to be worse than that when Barnes crushes y'all again. 😁
I used to hang tobacco/stack hay in some old barns. They were more intimating.

Reactions: della

Wait! I abandon UK??? How the hell did I do that??? I take it you don’t catch on very fast when people throws jokes your way do you? The tshirt thing went right over your head didn’t it pudding. You say I’m right when it comes to all three when I mentioned UConn, Bama and UK but then you said I was only right about two of them. Make up your mind. The thing with the Zags is that like UT, they’ve never won anything. Are they good this year? Hell yes, I’m picking them to win it. Have they been good for a few years now? Yes but they also play in a shit conference. Nothing against them, they can’t help they play in that conference. Lots of teams (like UT) have nice little 2 to 3 year runs like I’ve said to you over and over but if they can’t sustain that success like we’ve seen in the past (Florida, UT, Ark) it don’t mean anything except to people like you. That’s the part of team history that gets you so uptight in my opinion. Again, UK has been good and steady since day one with a down year here and there and UT has been steadily bad with a good year here and there with no titles or final 4’s. Oh and I don’t give two shits about paragraphs and all that shit. This is a sports message board so if paragraphs and punctuation bothers you then this is probably not the place you need to be.

Wait! I abandon UK??? How the hell did I do that??? I take it you don’t catch on very fast when people throws jokes your way do you? The tshirt thing went right over your head didn’t it pudding. You say I’m right when it comes to all three when I mentioned UConn, Bama and UK but then you said I was only right about two of them. Make up your mind. The thing with the Zags is that like UT, they’ve never won anything. Are they good this year? Hell yes, I’m picking them to win it. Have they been good for a few years now? Yes but they also play in a shit conference. Nothing against them, they can’t help they play in that conference. Lots of teams (like UT) have nice little 2 to 3 year runs like I’ve said to you over and over but if they can’t sustain that success like we’ve seen in the past (Florida, UT, Ark) it don’t mean anything except to people like you. That’s the part of team history that gets you so uptight in my opinion. Again, UK has been good and steady since day one with a down year here and there and UT has been steadily bad with a good year here and there with no titles or final 4’s. Oh and I don’t give two shits about paragraphs and all that shit. This is a sports message board so if paragraphs and punctuation bothers you then this is probably not the place you need to be.
I'm just glad UK came back and beat Vandy, so we can continue our conversation.

Why would you even bring up bama football and Uconn W basketball? What does that have to do with men's CBB? Why didn't you throw in the 98 Vols would have lost to the 85 Bears too? Were you trying to point out that UK is a one trick pony? I think UT is #2 in SEC titles and Nat'l titles in the SEC behind bama., but who cares? I think the lady Vols have more overall wins than Uconn and almost as many titles, but who cares? It has nothing to do with 20-21 CBB and I don't bring it up.

I don't bring that sort of stuff up because it is irrelevant. I believe that this years basketball team has to stand on its own win or lose. I believe there are no "Safe Places". Some Cats seem to disagree with that. They appear to think that because of UK's rich heritage they have some superiority based on the teams of their grandfathers. You don't get a safe place Scotty, sports just don't work that way.

I don't know if you guys are being willfully obtuse or are just dense. I have no problem with UK's rich past and I have never claimed UT has been great in CBB throughout history. If you want to make a thread about UK's 1948 season or all times wins, that is fine with me. I only take issue when you imply it has any bearing on games/teams this year.

Finally, it doesn't matter if Gonzaga what they have won in the past. All that matters is they are #1 and look pretty strong this year.

You still didn’t answer my question, how did I abandon UK???

ADVERTISEMENT