ADVERTISEMENT

What is wrong with Kentucky?

He's in for a very rude awakening if he thinks he's ready for the NBA after this season.
No doubt his stock is plummeting. And the kicker is, it's his own fault. Dude is a black hole and doesn't play within the offense. I had really high hopes. His video's of his work ethic were off the charts. I don't know why he's having a hard time adjusting to college.

He's in for a very rude awakening if he thinks he's ready for the NBA after this season.
3 point contest with zero D, I'd take Boston. In game, cold blooded killer, I'd take Allen. Small sample size, but yeah, Allen has scoring instinct.

Damn. What did you say?
Nothing crazy or out of line at all. You never know what it is until it expires.

Last time I got one I deserved it so that's fine. I get the feeling when I see whatever comment it is it won't be deserving and I'm gonna be salty. One of them has been EXTREMELY sensitive lately to anything remotely critical I've noticed. Even when it is legitimate.

Nothing crazy or out of line at all. You never know what it is until it expires.

Last time I got one I deserved it so that's fine. I get the feeling when I see whatever comment it is it won't be deserving and I'm gonna be salty. One of them has been EXTREMELY sensitive lately to anything remotely critical I've noticed. Even when it is legitimate.

Yeah I think I know which one you’re talking about. I think we’re losing him to the cult of cal sadly.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah I think I know which one you’re talking about. I think we’re losing him to the cult of cal sadly.
Yep. He's done it before to some others.

I'm not usually one to publicly complain about this kinda stuff. Mods don't get paid and put up with a bunch of stupid shit for zero reward. But just enforce the rules. When personal biases begin to come into play, which is what is happening with him, then that's unacceptable.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If we play Clarke and Boston all night v Vandy tomorrow and Dantaie only gets limited run and we lose, if Cal thinks he's seen the fan base at their worst this far....he is in for a whole new level of pissed off fans.

Reactions: cdbearde
UK has improved. If they continue to improve with these kind of leaps, I’d like rematches for our losses.

Id say UK was never supposed to be this bad, its more about the lack of time for practice and preparation for new season. They will get back to where they belong with time.

Even though I got frustrated with the 6 loses in a row I figured this team would come around over time. Don’t get me wrong, we still have to get a lot better but we could be a scary ass team come March!

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Even though I got frustrated with the 6 loses in a row I figured this team would come around over time. Don’t get me wrong, we still have to get a lot better but we could be a scary ass team come March!

Im tired of sucking in November and December tbh. 1-6 is a hell of a hole to dig yourself. Short of a title I really don’t even care how this season plays out now. It’s more about what happens afterwards. I’m ready for a culture change. I’ll enjoy the wins in between now and then, but another E8 and SeC title isn’t worth watching them get bodied the first two months by any team with a pulse and then 8 more guys leaving early so we can do it again the next season.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yea I get what you’re saying. Starting 1-6 took the life out of the season pretty fast but even then I kinda thought that this team had the talent and at some point could turn the corner and make a run. We’ll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Kentucky may need to win the SEC tournament to get in, but that’s not a really brutal task.

Reactions: UL_1986
Tuesday night against a solid Alabama team will tell us a lot. The Kentucky team that just demolished Florida in Gainesville was nothing like the team that went 1-6. It showed flashes of being an actual Kentucky basketball team.

Let's see if they can dig out of this hole now.

Definitely a shocker from what they’ve looked like so far. Winning seemed like a long shot but they dominated UG. UK hasToo many talented ball players to be a sub .500 team, despite cal (wink)

and again they wouldn’t be sub 500 in a normal year with 10-12 cupcakes before conference play

With COVID shortening season it makes things a little tougher to get hot. You never know when a game may cancel. But UK got Brooks back recently how many games has he played? His stat line was really good vs FLA. You combine that with putting the local shooter into the rotation and you really do have a different team from the version that was pretty bad earlier in the year. Plus young players can get better, they may not become better shooters in a short period of time but they can become better defensively.

It is going to be interesting to see how they look vs the upper level portion of the SEC - who are the top teams?

UT and Bama. Arky maybe, mizzou maybe. UFs up there although the loss of johnson hurts but they’ve been winning games without him.

That’s why I think UK has a real shot to make the tourney, no juggernaut in the sec. tenn and bama are ok but far from sure losses for UK.

Im tired of sucking in November and December tbh. 1-6 is a hell of a hole to dig yourself. Short of a title I really don’t even care how this season plays out now. It’s more about what happens afterwards. I’m ready for a culture change. I’ll enjoy the wins in between now and then, but another E8 and SeC title isn’t worth watching them get bodied the first two months by any team with a pulse and then 8 more guys leaving early so we can do it again the next season.

Fletcher
Allen
Askew
Toppin
Ware

....all back next season.

And that would be disappointing. 5 players back when all of them have eligibility left.

...well, Sarr and Mintz are seniors. Clark and Boston could leave, so I didn't include them in the list of returning players. I don't expect Brooks back either.

NauticalLegitimateHagfish-size_restricted.gif

I’m rooting for Kentucky to turn it around. I’m concerned about the safety of your wives and girlfriends.
Askew was a heavy Louisville lean until Cal offered him late. We are better with Jones than Askew, and he will be watching Louisville play while his team isn’t. Kentucky has swooped in late for three straight years to take a recruit from us, I don’t feel a bit sorry for them. When Calipari doesn’t have the best player, he’s a very average coach.

Askew was a heavy Louisville lean until Cal offered him late. We are better with Jones than Askew, and he will be watching Louisville play while his team isn’t. Kentucky has swooped in late for three straight years to take a recruit from us, I don’t feel a bit sorry for them. When Calipari doesn’t have the best player, he’s a very average coach.

Askew (never committed), Hopkins (committed) and who else am I missing. I know we were high on Teague and lyles list but that’s been 5 years ago.

and as arrogant as a lot of their fan base is I don’t imagine anyone feels sorry for them anywhere. Especially after we heard all off season how this was Cals deepest and most talented roster ever lol.

Askew (never committed), Hopkins (committed) and who else am I missing. I know we were high on Teague and lyles list but that’s been 5 years ago.

and as arrogant as a lot of their fan base is I don’t imagine anyone feels sorry for them anywhere. Especially after we heard all off season how this was Cals deepest and most talented roster ever lol.

Laughing

Did someone on this board say that? That would be quite the embarrassing bump.

Laughing

Did someone on this board say that? That would be quite the embarrassing bump.

it might not have been on this board, but I definitely heard such from UK friends in the state, and even some of the trolls that like to pop up on our home board.

Of course no one will admit it now, but it was definitely the off-season rhetoric. Granted the media had UK top 10 preseason so it’s easy to see why UK fans were very excited.......until the second game of the season.

it might not have been on this board, but I definitely heard such from UK friends in the state, and even some of the trolls that like to pop up on our home board.

Of course no one will admit it now, but it was definitely the off-season rhetoric. Granted the media had UK top 10 preseason so it’s easy to see why UK fans were very excited.......until the second game of the season.

Some of my favorite posters in the board are UK fans, and to their credit, I don’t remember anyone saying something that extreme here. But I could have sworn that Calipari was pretty mouthy before the season started about how good they’d be, so I’m sure Rafters was probably full of that sort of stuff.

Just to be clear, I said “some of” them are great posters. Don’t really feel too badly for most of them.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Totally agree, Ive actually grown fond of a few UK posters on here. Lurk, jimjo, cbearde, Scotty to name a few off the top of my head.

And yea I never said I heard that talk about UK from any level headed UK fans, but I definitely heard that narrative a few times in the offseason whether on the homeboards or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT