ADVERTISEMENT

What is wrong with Kentucky?

You honestly believe that other fans don’t do it????😂 I’ve heard UNC, Duke, UL and every other fan base do it! The truth is UK has a larger fan base so yea I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of UK fans say that stuff like that but other fans do it too. It’s what fans do! Idk why so many on here act like only one fan base does this or one fan base does that.

I mean you just laid out a list of players as examples that was pure BS. I sure don’t hear much from Kansas fans about how Joel embiid is so effin good bc of Bill self. I do hear how Tyler herro, who averaged what like 20 ppg in the NBA FINALS would still be in college had he not worn blue. Maybe it is a numbers/proximity thing idk.

In fact I’d say for other fan bases it’s just as likely they “blame” the coach for not getting the most out of (insert player here)

I know that was one of the sentiments floating around our home board when Mitchell unexpectedly exploded on the nba scene after two solid but no spectacular years of college.

I mean you just laid out a list of players as examples that was pure BS. I sure don’t hear much from Kansas fans about how Joel embiid is so effin good bc of Bill self. I do hear how Tyler herro, who averaged what like 20 ppg in the NBA FINALS would still be in college had he not worn blue. Maybe it is a numbers/proximity thing idk.

In fact I’d say for other fan bases it’s just as likely they “blame” the coach for not getting the most out of (insert player here)

I know that was one of the sentiments floating around our home board when Mitchell unexpectedly exploded on the nba scene after two solid but no spectacular years of college.
I think one reason UK fans may feel that way is based on something I read once. Cal tries to get his players to work/play using their weakness to strengthen that part of their game so they aren’t always necessarily playing their A game having to incorporate overcoming bad habits. Some of his current NBA players say that it prepared them more for the combine.

A few years ago there was a big media pre-draft debate as to who the #1 pic should be; Jahlil Okafor or Karl Anthony Towns. But KAT came to the combine with an unseen talent, (3 point shooting ability) but Okafor played ALL his cards in college.

“One thing that we didn’t get to see from Towns last season was his ability to shoot from the perimeter. With players like Devin Booker and the Harrison twins, John Calipari didn’t’ need his big man to leave the paint. But during his high school career, Towns made 127 three pointers in 94 games, proving that he does have the ability.” - ‘15 NBA Draft Profile

So I wouldn’t say Cal turns ordinary kids into NBA players from nothing . . . But he isn’t allowing them to remain just a one-trick pony.

I mean I agree. I’m def not saying he’s “bad” at it. I just don’t believe he’s head and shoulders above every other coach in anything other than recruiting.

It’s funny though bc I’ve also read that Cals so good at hiding players flaws, which is the opposite of what you alluded too.

I think in reality it’s pretty simple, Cal lands big time recruits, ever since Dejuan Wagner at Memphis, and he’s took it up a notch to multiple blue chippers a year. Some, even most pan out, but some don’t. Imo it comes down to god given talent and work ethic. Not something special/different that cal does that no other coach out there is aware of.

Plus an overlooked fact, y’all have more current nba alum than anyone else (I’m pretty sure), so that comes back to the numbers game.

You honestly believe that other fans don’t do it????😂 I’ve heard UNC, Duke, UL and every other fan base do it! The truth is UK has a larger fan base so yea I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of UK fans say that stuff like that but other fans do it too. It’s what fans do! Idk why so many on here act like only one fan base does this or one fan base does that.
Maybe they only pay attention to one particular fan base, so when that fan base say something, it's memorable for them compared to others. It's actually quite common.

Maybe they only pay attention to one particular fan base, so when that fan base say something, it's memorable for them compared to others. It's actually quite common.

Truth. I’ve admitted my fandom and location have definitely played a part. I don’t interact with duke/unc/Kansas he’ll anyone on a daily basis like I do UK.

But again name one player from another school whose fans say are successful/more successful bc of who they played for in college. Dude came back with Micheal Jordan, Tim Duncan, and Carmelo anthony. Would have been better off saying Duncan Robinson imo. Maybe it’ll jog my memory.

Truth. I’ve admitted my fandom and location have definitely played a part. I don’t interact with duke/unc/Kansas he’ll anyone on a daily basis like I do UK.

But again name one player from another school whose fans say are successful/more successful bc of who they played for in college. Dude came back with Micheal Jordan, Tim Duncan, and Carmelo anthony. Would have been better off saying Duncan Robinson imo. Maybe it’ll jog my memory.

Something wrong with players I said???

Something wrong with players I said???

Yes I’ve explained. No wake forest fan ever brags about how Odom made Tim Duncan The best pf in nba history.

Same for MJ and dean smith. And again, the ole saying when mj was at unc that the only person in the nation that could stop him was dean smith, meaning they thought smith was holding him back. Melo at Cuse? No, he was a top 5 stud out of oak hill who was stud day one, of Cuse fans credit his success to boeheim its news to me if anything it’s the opposite as Melo cemented boeheim by getting him the title. Same for Dwayne, he carried crean to a promotion, crean didn’t make dwade into a good player. Sure they all helped but would anyone say Tim Duncan would never have been shit if not going to wf and playing for Odom or Dwayne woulda had to go back to college had he not played for Tom crean.

Your list makes no sense to me, I’ve never heard of any of those fan bases bragging about how much their coach developed those players. Maybe it happened with Melo, that’s believable bc he was a star frosh, the others, we can agree to disagree.

I think the players you mentioned were horrible examples but if you hear people making those brags on behalf of their college coach then I’ll eat the crow when I see it.

Yes I’ve explained. No wake forest fan ever brags about how Odom made Tim Duncan The best pf in nba history.

Same for MJ and dean smith. And again, the ole saying when mj was at unc that the only person in the nation that could stop him was dean smith, meaning they thought smith was holding him back. Melo at Cuse? No, he was a top 5 stud out of oak hill who was stud day one, of Cuse fans credit his success to boeheim its news to me if anything it’s the opposite as Melo cemented boeheim by getting him the title. Same for Dwayne, he carried crean to a promotion, crean didn’t make dwade into a good player. Sure they all helped but would anyone say Tim Duncan would never have been shit if not going to wf and playing for Odom or Dwayne woulda had to go back to college had he not played for Tom crean.

Your list makes no sense to me, I’ve never heard of any of those fan bases bragging about how much their coach developed those players. Maybe it happened with Melo, that’s believable bc he was a star frosh, the others, we can agree to disagree.

I think the players you mentioned were horrible examples but if you hear people making those brags on behalf of their college coach then I’ll eat the crow when I see it.

Makes no to you? Well maybe it’s like you said, maybe it’s because you’re around UK fans a lot that makes you think that only UK fans do it. Maybe you haven’t heard it but I assure you I’ve heard countless of fans of other schools give their coach credit for a players success and I’d say Dean and Jordan are at the top. Nothing wrong with it, I give Pitino and Cal tons of credit for several players developing into pretty solid players. Tubby on the other hand, I loved him at UK but I felt he help players back and didn’t get the most out of them. Bottom line is, all fans do it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The thing that helps UK/Calipari recruits most is his pipeline/connections. He prepares them for the NBA game (sometimes at UK's expense), and then uses his "world" to help them succeed. For some it works fantastic. Amazingly well. Success in college, and Pro stats/contracts. Others, maybe not so much. Only so much anyone can do with talent/effort or lack of.

There's plenty of quotes of GM and Scouts praising Calipari for the way he "gets them ready". One GM even said he's done recruiting Duke players and will now shift to UK. They were in the NBA finals last year with young UK players. Winking

So to say some recruits didn't benefit from playing at UK, for HOF Calipari, or HOF Coach K, HOF Williams, etc, is just off base imo.

And don't get me started on high ranked sure fire recruits who didn't make it. Sure fire recruits is nothing but hindsight. (They could have went anywhere).

Reactions: Random UK Fan
The thing that helps UK/Calipari recruits most is his pipeline/connections. He prepares them for the NBA game (sometimes at UK's expense), and then uses his "world" to help them succeed. For some it works fantastic. Amazingly well. Success in college, and Pro stats/contracts. Others, maybe not so much. Only so much anyone can do with talent/effort or lack of.

There's plenty of quotes of GM and Scouts praising Calipari for the way he "gets them ready". One GM even said he's done recruiting Duke players and will now shift to UK. They were in the NBA finals last year with young UK players. Winking

So to say some recruits didn't benefit from playing at UK, for HOF Calipari, or HOF Coach K, HOF Williams, etc, is just off base imo.

And don't get me started on high ranked sure fire recruits who didn't make it. Sure fire recruits is nothing but hindsight. (They could have went anywhere).
Pat Riley gets a quarter spot on his trousers when there’s UK kids still available when Miami’s pick rolls around.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I agree, maybe it is a location thing. Doesn’t really explain why this board seems to be immune from it but whatever.

There’s been a few “sure fire” misses under Cal as well. but ur right we basically wait for rivals and 24/7 to tell us who the best frosh will be and if they don’t live up to the bill they are a failure, when they do live up to the bill, well they were supposed to anyways.

I’ve never said that no player ever benefited from playing for cal or k or Roy or anyone. Just that the developmental curve as it comes to coaches isn’t a one pony show.

Also agree cal does more to prepare for the nba

I agree, maybe it is a location thing. Doesn’t really explain why this board seems to be immune from it but whatever.

There’s been a few “sure fire” misses under Cal as well. but ur right we basically wait for rivals and 24/7 to tell us who the best frosh will be and if they don’t live up to the bill they are a failure, when they do live up to the bill, well they were supposed to anyways.

I’ve never said that no player ever benefited from playing for cal or k or Roy or anyone. Just that the developmental curve as it comes to coaches isn’t a one pony show.

Also agree cal does more to prepare for the nba

What's your thoughts on Skal Labissière?

Pat Riley gets a quarter spot on his trousers when there’s UK kids still available when Miami’s pick rolls around.

He sure didn’t have any problem keeping his Chubb down to grab prescious achiwa one pick higher than the first Uk player came off the board last year, Maxey.

Rileys a UK guy, of course he’s gonna stick up for Uk. Im not denying anything he said, it’s his alma mater, how else would you expect him to talk about them? Plus I think it really got in his crawlfor being mislabeled a duke guy after drafting Winslow. (Racist media) But if you think he’s not gonna take the best player for the Miami Heat just to take a kid from UK then I don’t know what to tell you.

You could argue that the heat needed a big man but richards was there as well. I know precious is more versatile but why does that matter when he had a chance to grab a UK player since he “shifted his focus to UK” Like any competent GM would focus on only one school anyways. He might be shy on duke, but again if he was so hard on for UK players why didn’t he grab another?

He sure didn’t have any problem keeping his Chubb down to grab prescious achiwa one pick higher than the first Uk player came off the board last year, Maxey.

Rileys a UK guy, of course he’s gonna stick up for Uk. Im not denying anything he said, it’s his alma mater, how else would you expect him to talk about them? Plus I think it really got in his crawlfor being mislabeled a duke guy after drafting Winslow. (Racist media) But if you think he’s not gonna take the best player for the Miami Heat just to take a kid from UK then I don’t know what to tell you.

You could argue that the heat needed a big man but richards was there as well. I know precious is more versatile but why does that matter when he had a chance to grab a UK player since he “shifted his focus to UK” Like any competent GM would focus on only one school anyways. He might be shy on duke, but again if he was so hard on for UK players why didn’t he grab another?
His quote was tongue in cheek.

What's your thoughts on Skal Labissière?

Same as everyone I suppose. Read the hype from the recruiting sites but didn’t much buy the AD comparison, just bc AD was soooooo good. But still thought he’d be a stud just purely based on reading sites like this on the Internet. I’d say all in all he was overrated coming out of HS more than anything. I don’t blame cal that skal didn’t dominate, but that’s kinda the whole point. You can’t blame cal for kids like ska or Boston not living up to the hype, but you also can’t give him all the credit in the world when guys like sga and herro outplay their ranking. If it was all on Cal, there wouldn’t be any misses. Work ethic and god given ability > anything any coach
can “develop”

Then I saw him play. and he looked soft, as in neededto hit the weights, and he was no where near as fast or athletic as Davis. And honestly he just at times looked either lost or scared in the moment or however you want to put it.

I Thought wayne blackshear was gonna be a stud one and done as well based on his high school accolades, then I saw him play and saw he wasn’t an elite athlete or an elite shooter.

Thought the same about John Wall. Seen him play, unreal athleticism and speed. Never changed my opinion much. Best player in the ncaas his year. But it’s not like I needed a half season sample size. You watch him play, you realize he was gonna be great. And he would have been great at Baylor or Miami or a hbcu, where ever he ended up.

I was opposite on herro. Figured sure he could shoot but will get abused defensively and he didn’t really show out at the beginning of the season. I thought Johnson would be the stud on the wing. As the season went on johnson slumped and herro surged and I was dead wrong.

Oh I know, it’s the ones talking about him jizzing himself if a UK player is on the board when he picks that I’m not so sure about.
Not following.

Are you talking about him being excited for his players when they get drafted?

Any gm could care less if the player was from uk or duke or Kazakhstan if he thought he was the best player or fit for his team.

Not following.

Are you talking about him being excited for his players when they get drafted?

I misunderstood. And I’m not so sure it was. Had Riley taken Maxey y’all would double down that he was strictly gonna draft UK players from here on out (as ridiculous as that sounds)

I thought u meant Riley’s post about shifting his draft focus to UK players was the “tongue in cheek” quote, bc that’s all it was. If u think he’s just gonna check out on evaluating jalen johnson just bc he’s at duke, then you’re naive.

I misunderstood. And I’m not so sure it was. Had Riley taken Maxey y’all would double down that he was strictly gonna draft UK players from here on out (as ridiculous as that sounds)

I thought u meant Riley’s post about shifting his draft focus to UK players was the “tongue in cheek” quote, bc that’s all it was. If u think he’s just gonna check out on evaluating jalen johnson just bc he’s at duke, then you’re naive.
Again his quote was tongue in cheek.

Riley is an Icon in the basketball world. Won it at all levels.Learned from the best and will always do what's best. #kentuckyeffect

Makes no to you? Well maybe it’s like you said, maybe it’s because you’re around UK fans a lot that makes you think that only UK fans do it. Maybe you haven’t heard it but I assure you I’ve heard countless of fans of other schools give their coach credit for a players success and I’d say Dean and Jordan are at the top. Nothing wrong with it, I give Pitino and Cal tons of credit for several players developing into pretty solid players. Tubby on the other hand, I loved him at UK but I felt he help players back and didn’t get the most out of them. Bottom line is, all fans do it.

How about makes on the national college basketball forum. Find me one and I’ll shut up, admit defeat, eat crow, whatever.

And again you keep going back to MJ which makes me think you don’t really remember his college career, bc more people accused dean For “holding Jordan back” in college than praised him for developing him into the goat.

Again his quote was tongue in cheek.

Riley is an Icon in the basketball world. Won it at all levels.Learned from the best and will always do what's best. #kentuckyeffect

That’s what’s I thought u meant at first then when u said I didn’t follow it made me think you were referring to the post I quoted at the “tongue in cheek” post.

Confused each other.

“On the board” just meant still available to be drafted, ie not already selected.

That’s what’s I thought u meant at first then when u said I didn’t follow it made me think you were referring to the post I quoted at the “tongue in cheek” post.

Confused each other.
Right.

96799956025b9e0aed95d985d07769d4d6a229d8_00.gif

Any gm could care less if the player was from uk or duke or Kazakhstan if he thought he was the best player or fit for his team.
Well, not really. The word circulating around the NBA now, is that UK players translate better to the NBA right out of college, because Cal manages the program similarly to how NBA franchises operate.
He certainly isn't responsible for getting AD or Wall drafted, but those kids weren't blindsided by the little things once they got there. The first contract/deal is great, but it's the second contract that separates the men from the boys. Just ask Murray, Towns, Fox and AD. Yikes. Those guys struck it rich.
Trust me, I hate the system, I wish Cal cared more about winning college games, than preparing kids to leave early, but it is what it is.
I do think UK kids are better prepared for the next level than kids from any other school. That's awesome… I guess.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Well, not really. The word circulating around the NBA now, is that UK players translate better to the NBA right out of college, because Cal manages the program similarly to how NBA franchises operate.
He certainly isn't responsible for getting AD or Wall drafted, but those kids weren't blindsided by the little things once they got there. The first contract/deal is great, but it's the second contract that separates the men from the boys. Just ask Murray, Towns, Fox and AD. Yikes. Those guys struck it rich.
Trust me, I hate the system, I wish Cal cared more about winning college games, than preparing kids to leave early, but it is what it is.
I do think UK kids are better prepared for the next level than kids from any other school. That's awesome… I guess.

Again not saying it doesn’t have some value or that your totally off base, Bc I’ve seen the quotes as well praising former UK guys and praising Cal, but at what point drafting does that even become a priority. If it was that important maxey, sec poy quickley, and richards would have went lottery instead of all outside the top 20. So how does one even grave how important it is? Maybe it’s something that can’t be quantified, but again no gm is going to take a lesser player from UK bc of their nba preparedness. 21 picks passed and teams found something more important 21 times. And relative not like any first round or even second round pick is a bad thing.

And yes totally agree about the second contract, but if Uk was so good at preparing them why do guys, especially even first round guys, not all make it to a lucrative second deal. Guys that got drafted high, so weren’t just overrated out of high school, but guys who showed enough after their time at UK to warrant a 1st round selection, but didn’t reach that insane second contract status. Like trey lyles, or marquis Teague, or Terrence Jones, or James young (although I seen he was signed by the knicks so back in the league). Even guys like monk while still has plenty of time, was in the same draft class as fox. Or Guys I assume are still in the league but aren’t making insane money and never have like skal or WCS, or number 1 pick Brandon Knight will never make as much as number 1 pick AD or Wall for that matter. Number 2 pick mkg will never make as much as number 2? Pick Jamal murray and on and on why aren’t they making AD/KAT $$$ if they were so prepared? why would cal prepare fox to be a 100$ Million dollar man but not monk, from the same draft class no less? It’s simple, some players are better than others regardless of where they spend 6-8 months of college.

Not shitting on anyone sticking around the nba, but like I said, why not them if it was the UK preparedness that pushed the others over the top? That’s guys all drafted, not even listing the undrafted burger boys. The flaw is for every succes story there is a bust story, so unless you want to blame cal for players not working out it doesn’t make sense to over credit him when they do. At some point it’s on the player to hone his craft, and obv god given talent helps as well.

Last edited:
Again not saying it doesn’t have some value or that your totally off base, but if it was that important maxey, sec poy quickley, and richards would have went lottery instead of all outside the top 20. I mean how important is it then really? Maybe it’s something that can’t be quantified, but again no gm is going to take a lesser player from UK bc of their nba preparedness.

And yes totally agree about the second contract, but if Uk was so good at preparing them why do guys, even first round guys, not all make it to one. Guys that got drafted high, so weren’t just overrated out of high school who didn’t reach that insane second contract. Like trey lyles, marquis Teague, Terrence Jones, James young (although I seen he was signed by the knicks so back in the league). Even monk while still has plenty of time, was in the same draft class as fox. Or Guys I assume are still in the league but aren’t making max money and never have like skal or WCS, or number 1 pick Brandon Knight will never make as much as number 1 pick AD or Wall for that matter. Number 2 pick mkg will never make as much as number 2? Pick Jamal murray and on and on why aren’t they making AD/KAT $$$ if they were so prepared? why would cal prepare fox to be a 100$ man but not monk, from the same draft class? It’s simple, some players are better than others regardless of where they spend 6-8 months of college.

Not shitting on anyone sticking around the nba, but like I said, why not them if it was the UK preparedness that pushed the others over the top? That’s guys all drafted, not even listing the undrafted burger boys. The flaw is for every succes story there is a bust story, so unless you want to blame cal for players not working out it doesn’t make sense to over credit him when they do. At some point it’s on the player to hone his craft, and obv god given talent helps as well.
Lots to go over here. I'll try to cover it all.

First, Maxey, IQ and Richards didn’t go lottery, because none of them are Anthony Edwards type talents. Lottery picks are generally guys that are future NBA all stars. None of those three are those types of players. They don’t have the length or the athleticism to be lottery picks. Cal is good, but he isn't God.

Just because Cal trains these guys to be prepared for the NBA, doesn't mean every player is guaranteed to get a max deal on their second contract. You still have to be uber talented to get a max deal and at some point, the player has to put in the work, some don’t.

I think all we're saying is that UK, under Cal, gives these kids a bit of an advantage and makes it easier to transfer to the NBA, thus giving them a jump that they otherwise wouldn’t get.

I would rather Cal concentrate on winning games in college, because this isn't working anymore. The John Wall, Zion, AD and Randle type talent is rare and when it is available, they go elsewhere. These transcendent kids have figured out that they can go to UGA, Texas, Arizona, Washinfton, Missouri and LSU and coast without pressure to win. They don’t need UK. This was much more fun when Cal was getting those top 3 kids every year.

Also, I agree with you, for every success story (Shai Alexander), there are 5 failures (you said the ratio was 1:1, but it's easily 1:5). The twins, Dakari Johnson, Kahlil Whitney, Lamb, Teague, Orton, Young, Hagans, EJ, Sasha K Jones, Skal, Marcus Lee, Wiltjer, Briscoe, Gabriel etc, all left early and didn't make it (I don’t keep up with the NBA, so it’s possible a couple have climbed back up to the NBA).
The system sucks and I wish Cal would put an end to it.

Lots to go over here. I'll try to cover it all.

First, Maxey, IQ and Richards didn’t go lottery, because none of them are Anthony Edwards type talents. Lottery picks are generally guys that are future NBA all stars. None of those three are those types of players. They don’t have the length or the athleticism to be lottery picks. Cal is good, but he isn't God.

Just because Cal trains these guys to be prepared for the NBA, doesn't mean every player is guaranteed to get a max deal on their second contract. You still have to be uber talented to get a max deal and at some point, the player has to put in the work, some don’t.

I think all we're saying is that UK, under Cal, gives these kids a bit of an advantage and makes it easier to transfer to the NBA, thus giving them a jump that they otherwise wouldn’t get.

I would rather Cal concentrate on winning games in college, because this isn't working anymore. The John Wall, Zion, AD and Randle type talent is rare and when it is available, they go elsewhere. These transcendent kids have figured out that they can go to UGA, Texas, Arizona, Washinfton, Missouri and LSU and coast without pressure to win. They don’t need UK. This was much more fun when Cal was getting those top 3 kids every year.

Also, I agree with you, for every success story (Shai Alexander), there are 5 failures (you said the ratio was 1:1, but it's easily 1:5). The twins, Dakari Johnson, Kahlil Whitney, Lamb, Teague, Orton, Young, Hagans, EJ, Sasha K Jones, Skal, Marcus Lee, Wiltjer, Briscoe, Gabriel etc, all left early and didn't make it (I don’t keep up with the NBA, so it’s possible a couple have climbed back up to the NBA).
The system sucks and I wish Cal would put an end to it.

Really good post. I’m not trying to act like being in the nba or getting drafted period isn’t an accomplishment in itself, just playing devils advocate.

And I can’t even really argue that cal isn’t the best, I just think uk fans over value that advantage to the point I literally read a (supposed) uk fan call another selfish for wanting Uk to win over getting players drafted. Then it was promptly yanked for whatever reason. Which at some point could jsut Be a troll job or ultimate sarcasm I’d like to think but sometimes I wonder.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
I like how ole Kentuckians took charge in the hiring of Calipari, Mike Pratt lead the way and we're and championship and 3 other banner seasons latter. Plus a brand that's second to none. A long ways from Barnhardt's Gillispie hire brand.

I like how ole Kentuckians took charge in the hiring of Calipari, Mike Pratt lead the way and we're and championship and 3 other banner seasons latter. Plus a brand that's second to none. A long ways from Barnhardt's Gillispie hire brand.
Barnfart should never be allowed to hire another coach at UK and he should also be barred from renegotiating contracts. Nobody should get a lifetime contract with a 60 million dollar buyout. What a moron.

Woulda sounded infinitely better in 2015 than it does in 2021, but it’s Still one helluva run. Even if the zebras carried you to a banner in 2014 😉 That 6 year period has to be the most successful 5-6 year run out of any program that didn’t win multiple titles, or up there at least imo. Especially when u factor in the synergy factor in 2015 😉

Only half trolling. Helluva run for sure. Probably should have won more, but we can say that about all but 1 team each year, the champs.

Barnfart should never be allowed to hire another coach at UK and he should also be barred from renegotiating contracts. Nobody should get a lifetime contract with a 60 million dollar buyout. What a moron.

Yea I mean if that was me and down the road UK admin pissed me off I’d tank for the buyout. Hell I’d rank for the buyout if I knew I was gonna retire in the next couple years anyways. Just say I’ll tank till I get that buyout. Lol.

Seriously tho, I don’t get the why? Classic UK look at me move? Fear cal would leave for?????? Nba maybe (still could I assume, coaches break contracts all the time to move up or move out).

Barnhart came in here and ran off a lot of the good ole boy network. Our athletic department is better than it has ever been. That being said, he also hired two of the worst hires in school history in Joker and BCG. While I'm glad he's done well with the other sports hires, you can't eff up the basketball and football hires. He rectified both, but now we are stuck with this insane buyout for Calipari. I'm also wondering if hell actually make a move on Mingione if the baseball team has yet another horrendous season. The guy seemed affable his first season, we tore it up, and it's been a downhill ride since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT