ADVERTISEMENT

What does your roster look like today?

Would’ve liked another shooter, but feeling pretty good about it. I expect Clemence to take a big step forward. I don’t think he even scratched the surface of his offensive potential in limited time last year.

Hearing good things about MJ Rice already. Should have an instant impact. Dick should bring elite shooting. Both have potential to be OAD.

Hearing good things about Yesufu too. I think he takes a big step forward and forces his way onto the court.

Last edited:
I don’t even think Butler is that huge of a loss. His floor spacing will certainly be missed, but we couldn’t play him against teams with grown men. His best game of the year was Duke.

Baba is basically Butler, but 30 pounds heavier.

Was actually thinking the same thing this week. He's a nice talent, but I'm not sure his absence will really be felt.

I've made a lot of money not believing in VaTech

Pretty meh in ACC play. But, Mike Young is 2-0 against top 5 teams in the month of November. And that ACC Tournament Title won't be forgotten anytime soon.

I'm thinking the 4 primary blue bloods will all start the season in the top 6.

Feel like the top 3 spots are between UNC, Houston, and Gonzaga... And I think Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke will occupy the 4-6 spots (not sure on the order).

With the additions of Tyrese Proctor and Jacob Grandison, I'm feeling a lot better about Duke's ceiling. Certainly not the favorites, but we should at least have the talent to compete with anyone. We might have two 5-star kids coming off the bench next year.

Feel like the top 3 spots are between UNC, Houston, and Gonzaga... And I think Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke will occupy the 4-6 spots (not sure on the order).

With the additions of Tyrese Proctor and Jacob Grandison, I'm feeling a lot better about Duke's ceiling. Certainly not the favorites, but we should at least have the talent to compete with anyone. We might have two 5-star kids coming off the bench next year.
It might come down to the coaching. ;)

Reactions: dukedevilz
Was actually thinking the same thing this week. He's a nice talent, but I'm not sure his absence will really be felt.

Pretty meh in ACC play. But, Mike Young is 2-0 against top 5 teams in the month of November. And that ACC Tournament Title won't be forgotten anytime soon.

When your school has never won a national championship in ANY sport, you have to remember ACC championships.

Projected starting five:
  • Jahmir Young, Guard-Transfer from UNC Charlotte
  • Donald Carey, Guard- Transfer from Georgetown
  • Hakim Hart, Guard
  • Donta Scott, Forward
  • Julian Reese, Forward
Bench:
Ian Martinez
Noah Batchelor
Ike Cornish
Jahari Long- Transfer from Seton Hall
Pavlo Dziuba
Caelum Swanton-Rodgers
Patrick Emilien- Transfer from St.Francis

Reactions: GE Nole

. . . . . and Kentucky will fall out by January 1. . . . . .

The last two years UK started out number 10 and sit the bed each year.

It does not matter any more when the coach stops the best shots from SHOOTING! You lose.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Projected starting five:
  • Jahmir Young, Guard-Transfer from UNC Charlotte
  • Donald Carey, Guard- Transfer from Georgetown
  • Hakim Hart, Guard
  • Donta Scott, Forward
  • Julian Reese, Forward
Bench:
Ian Martinez
Noah Batchelor
Ike Cornish
Jahari Long- Transfer from Seton Hall
Pavlo Dziuba
Caelum Swanton-Rodgers
Patrick Emilien- Transfer from St.Francis

That starting five actually looks pretty solid. Biggest question will be how Jahmir Young's game translates from mid-major to high-major.

Guards:
Will Richardson
Jermaine Couisnard (transfer from South Carolina)
Keeshawn Barthelemy (transfer from Colorado
Brennan Rigsby - JUCO

Wings/Forwards:
Quincy Guerrier
Tyrone Williams - JUCO
Rivaldo Soares
Ethan Butler
Lok Wur

Bigs:
N'Faly Dante
Kel'el Ware
Nate Bittle

it will be interesting to see how Altman plays it. Altman loves playing with those undersized 4s and Guerrier is that kind of player. However, with the way Kel'el Ware is playing right now, it's going to be hard to keep him or Dante off the court. I've also heard great things about Tyrone Williams.

My guess is the rotation is Dante, Ware, Guerrier, Williams, Soares, Richardson, Couisnard, and Barthelemy

Reactions: F-Duke and GE Nole
Projected starting 5:

C - 7'17 Junior Zach Edey (14.4 points, 7.7 rebounds, 4.8% FG%) - Just a giant human being with surprising skill and decent agility for his size. A massive mismatch
PF - Either 6'6 Junior Mason Gillis (6.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 41.4% 3P%) or RS Frosh 6'9 Trey Kaufmann-Renn (who was a top 50 kid but was banged up last year)
SF - Likely 6'6 Ethan Morton (2.4 points, 1.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 44.1% 3P% in 14.8 minutes) - Solid defender and surprisingly solid shooter on low volume. Very heady player
SG - R-Soph 6'5 Brandon Newman (46 pts, 1.9 rebounds) - Dude showed flashes as a freshman but struggled coming off the bench behind Sasha Stefanovic
PG - Woof! Either some dude that walks on after showing flashes at the Co-rec intermural team or 3 star 6'0 Braden Smith. Yep, it's like that

I like our depth but so much of this team is unproven. And I can't believe we haven't been able to secure a PG thru the portal yet. Fvcking Lifewallet dude.

Reactions: KisteK
Projected starting 5:

C - 7'17 Junior Zach Edey (14.4 points, 7.7 rebounds, 4.8% FG%) - Just a giant human being with surprising skill and decent agility for his size. A massive mismatch
PF - Either 6'6 Junior Mason Gillis (6.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 41.4% 3P%) or RS Frosh 6'9 Trey Kaufmann-Renn (who was a top 50 kid but was banged up last year)
SF - Likely 6'6 Ethan Morton (2.4 points, 1.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 44.1% 3P% in 14.8 minutes) - Solid defender and surprisingly solid shooter on low volume. Very heady player
SG - R-Soph 6'5 Brandon Newman (46 pts, 1.9 rebounds) - Dude showed flashes as a freshman but struggled coming off the bench behind Sasha Stefanovic
PG - Woof! Either some dude that walks on after showing flashes at the Co-rec intermural team or 3 star 6'0 Braden Smith. Yep, it's like that

I like our depth but so much of this team is unproven. And I can't believe we haven't been able to secure a PG thru the portal yet. Fvcking Lifewallet dude.
Man I would like UK to get a 7'17 center. I think that that would be 8'5".

We could whup up on guys! :)

Reactions: GE Nole
Tech

Projected Starting 5:
De'vion Harmon
Kerwin Walton
Jaylon Tyson
Kevin Obanor
Fardaws Aimaq

Bench:
Elijah Fisher
Pop Isaacs
Lamar Washington
Robert Jennings
D'muarian Williams
Daniel Batcho
KJ Allen

Tech

Projected Starting 5:
De'vion Harmon
Kerwin Walton
Jaylon Tyson
Kevin Obanor
Fardaws Aimaq

Bench:
Elijah Fisher
Pop Isaacs
Lamar Washington
Robert Jennings
D'muarian Williams
Daniel Batcho
KJ Allen
I would have Fisher over Tyson. But they will be legit

Arizona
Kerr Kriisa PG - 10ppg / 5 assts - Emotional Leader. Streaky Shooter, needs to take better care of the ball
Courtney Ramey SG - Elite Defender, 10PPG - Should anchor D and provide outside shooting
Pelle Larson SF - Versatile swiss army knife, last year's sixth man. All Conference caliber player
Azuolas Tubelis PF- Likely leading scorer. Conference POY candidate. Needs to get tougher and consistent.
Oumar Ballo - C - Tough but still very green. Will need to improve consistency and offensive game.

BENCH:
Adama Bal - SG/SF - Athletic scorer, one of youngest players in nation last year. Consistency will be key.
Cedric Henderson - SF - Athletic wing who should provide spark off the bench.
Henri Veesaar - C - Versatile Euro big, needs to get stronger / adapt to American game. Could become starter

Offensively I don't think Arizona will take much of a step back. Shooting should be a strength as Arizona has the ability to use multiple lineups that have 5 three point shooters on the floor at the same time. Athleticism is definitely a question mark and relying on two transfers is a lot to ask. Losing Koloko's shot blocking abilities is definitely a giant concern. I think Arizona has top 15 level talent. Whether they have the ability to compete with athletic teams who like to push them around will determine if they are better than that.

Reactions: ThePhog08
ADVERTISEMENT