G - Cason Wallace
G - Sahvir Wheeler

Bench

Daimion Collins
CJ Frederick
Jacob Toppin
Lance Ware

Dudes find a backup PG and roll with this. Solid
Flip Livingston and Toppin and I think you've got it. I think Livingston is most likely to split time at the 3. They also just added Adou Theiro a few weeks ago. He's better suited to run point in the back-up role than anyone else on the current roster. Wallace, Reeves, and Fredrick could all do it in a pinch, but you wouldn't want any of them having to do it full time should something happen to Wheeler.

If they had to go two deep at each position right now it would look like this, imo:
Tshiebwe - Ware
Toppin - Collins
Reeves - Livingston
Wallace - Fredrick
Wheeler - Theiro

That's everyone, they only have 10 scholarship players right now.

Not sure how much time Theiro will get though, especially early on, so the main back-up point might be one of the other guards. Then again, Cal let Devin freakin' Askew run the point for 30 mpg so you never know.

Love Toppin, but he won't start ahead of Livingston. Reminds me of Kidd-Gilchrest, but with shooter skills. I wouldn't be surprised to see Livingston at the 3 and Toppin at the 4 or vice versa.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Love Toppin, but he won't start ahead of Livingston. Reminds me of Kidd-Gilchrest, but with shooter skills. I wouldn't be surprised to see Livingston at the 3 and Toppin at the 4 or vice versa.
Livingston isn't a 4, especially not the way Cal plays. Dude is never gonna run a 4 guard lineup. If anything Livingston would start on the wing ahead of Reeves, imo. I doubt that happens though, at least not at the beginning of the season.

tt fellas...why is McCullar leaving? Adams really performed this year and several of us were thinking he had the special sauce and it was Beard that benefited from him...I was rooting for him because he just seems like a throwback, like a character from a sports film from the 70's...I thought his team played with a lot of effort and intelligently...they had more success than most figured so why are they bailing? maybe I am wrong and and you guys have not lost much but that was my impression.

as for what he brings to KU...a 6'6" plus defender that can pass and guard 1-4 that played point at TT but won't at KU...that is a valuable piece. i do not expect him to lead KU in scoring and his lack of 3 pt shooting is a concern, especially when he is on the court with Harris but maybe the ankles really hurt his shot. I would guess the nba told him it was mostly about working on his shot, and by most accounts he seems like a good, coachable kid that will work so it is not unreasonable to expect him to imprvoe. Also it just helps to be surrounded by a lot of talent as well.
I like Kmac a lot. He's a solid player and All Conference level defender. We will miss him. From what I had heard, he was unhappy that he wasn't being given the reigns to the offense and no longer running point next year (actual pg's coming in finally). Which is fine, if he wanted to go elsewhere to have that. But he isn't going to get that at Kansas, so I'm not sure. He probably wants to learn from Self, which I don't blame him for. He can probably pick up a thing or two. I just hope he can stay healthy. He has had injuries every year at Tech and in his senior year of HS.

We also just replaced him with 5* Elijah Fisher who is reclassified and coming in this year now. Obviously, he isn't experienced as Kmac but our talent level continues to rise.

Gonzaga has recently had Julian Strawther and Rasir Bolton announce that they are coming back. That’s in addition to Efton Reid transferring in. Huge news for them. Still waiting on Timme and a couple “other” decisions that may be announced soon. Team should be deep and more athletic next year. Reasons for optimism.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
EDIT: Illinois looks much better. A lot of our talent is young, and the 5 is definitely an unknown ... but the talent is certainly there. Should be a top 25 team again and near the top of the Big Ten.

Will Florida State be a top 5 ACC team?
Duke
UNC
Virginia
Miami
.. by default .. ?

Reactions: TKBray
Jalen Wilson back and Kevin McCullar expected to withdraw from draft as well. Kansas Rotation will probably start 10-11 deep before moving to the usually 8-9 guys by conference play.

1- Dajuan Harris
2- Bobby Pettiford
3- Kevin McCullar
4- Jalen Wilson
5- Zach Clemence
6- MJ Rice
7- Joseph Yesufu
8- Gradey Dick
9- KJ Adams
10- Ernest Udeh
11- Zuby Ejiofor
12- Kyle Cuffe
13- Cam Martin

Solid roster. Will need to see some growth from several returning players and 1-2 of the freshman being solid impact players to be a F4 contender again. There’s some talent there but it’s mostly on the younger end.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
KU roster is set

PG - Dejuan Harris RS Junior 4 star from hs 6'1 5.4 PPG 4.5 APG 2022
SG - Kevin McCullar Senior 4 star from HS 6'6 10.1 PPG 4.6 RPG 2022
SF - Graday Dick Freshman 5 star 6'7 #19 in 247 composite
PF - Jalen Wilson Senior 4 star from hs 6'8 11.1 PPG, 7.4 RPG 2022
C - Zach Clemence Sophmore 4 star from HS 6'10 2.1 PPG 1.8 RPG in 4.9 MPG 2022

Bench

SG MJ Rice Freshman 5 star 6'5 #28 in 247 composite rankings
C Ernest Udeh Freshman 4 star 6'10 #29 in 247 composite rankings
PF KJ Adams Sophmore 4 star from HS 6'7 1 PPG 0/8 RPG 2022 #75 in 247 composite
CG Bobby Pettiford Sophmore 4 star from HS 6'1 redshirt injured 2022 #96 in 247 composite
CG Joseph Yesufu Junior Drake transfer 12.8 PPG drake 2021, 2.1 PPG 1 APG KU 2022
C/F Zuby Ejiofor Freshman 4 star 6'8 #50 in 247 composite ranking
SG Kyle Cuffe Redshirt Freshman 4 star from HS 6'2
PF Cam Martin Redshirt Senior Missouri Southern D2 transfer 6'9 25 PPG and 9 RPG 2021

I tried to give all info I could for yall to crap on us with.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Livingston isn't a 4, especially not the way Cal plays. Dude is never gonna run a 4 guard lineup. If anything Livingston would start on the wing ahead of Reeves, imo. I doubt that happens though, at least not at the beginning of the season.
Livingston is a small forward, not a guard. I hope you're right, then that means Collins is getting plenty of minutes. CJ, if healthy is going to get minutes at the 3 with Reeves splitting time between 2-3 and Wallace the 2-1.

Get ready for another year of Gonzaga atop the polls from preseason to the end of the regular season. 🤣

Reactions: ThePhog08
Lol, weekly rankings.

Those who catch feels, boosts the ego.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePhog08
Timme is back :)
Jfc plus smith.

im salty on smith. Coulda played 35 mpg at louisville, been our number 1/2 offensive option, instead goes to gonzaga tonpossibly come off the bench.

I get wanting to play for a contender but i dont see how hea gonna improve his draft stock unless he outplays strawther/bolton/hickman which inguess is possible.

Also he might have been told by nba gms that hes rached his ceiling and will never be drafted super high bc hes and average athlete. Regardless huge get for zags, the rich get richer.

me and dukesevils have been debating if few will run 4 guards (sallis, bolton, strawther, hickman/smith) with timme or start watson beside him. The four guards woukd be insane offensively but with no rim protwctor and timme being atrocious in pnr d and d in general, the defense would be much better with watson starting, but he countered that the spacing woukdnt be as good on O whixh is true. I bet we see some of both, depending on matchup. Regardless def the most stacked team in the country

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Jfc plus smith.

im salty on smith. Coulda played 35 mpg at louisville, been our number 1/2 offensive option, instead goes to gonzaga tonpossibly come off the bench.

I get wanting to play for a contender but i dont see how hea gonna improve his draft stock unless he outplays strawther/bolton/hickman which inguess is possible.

Also he might have been told by nba gms that hes rached his ceiling and will never be drafted super high bc hes and average athlete. Regardless huge get for zags, the rich get richer.

me and dukesevils have been debating if few will run 4 guards (sallis, bolton, strawther, hickman/smith) with timme or start watson beside him. The four guards woukd be insane offensively but with no rim protwctor and timme being atrocious in pnr d and d in general, the defense would be much better with watson starting, but he countered that the spacing woukdnt be as good on O whixh is true. I bet we see some of both, depending on matchup. Regardless def the most stacked team in the country
Ya a lot of Zags fans are wondering if GU goes back to a 4 out lineup like two years ago. I could see it happening, and wouldn’t be surprised if they did it when Efton Reid was in the game at center.

For FSU, freshman reserve John Butler decided to stay in the draft and be a second round pick. Weird choice if you ask me, especially considering he could have been a top 20 pick next year.

But it opened up a spot for Baba Miller from Real Madrid and the 6’10 wing chose us over Gonzaga after the Zags’ roster filled up with all the guys who came back. Their gain is our gain, I suppose.

@dukedevilz I will be interested to see where you have Baba in your top 150 players (if you have him at all). He’s playing on Spain’s U18 team this summer so we could get a good look at him there. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our annual 6th man of the year.

For FSU, freshman reserve John Butler decided to stay in the draft and be a second round pick. Weird choice if you ask me, especially considering he could have been a top 20 pick next year.

But it opened up a spot for Baba Miller from Real Madrid and the 6’10 wing chose us over Gonzaga after the Zags’ roster filled up with all the guys who came back. Their gain is our gain, I suppose.

@dukedevilz I will be interested to see where you have Baba in your top 150 players (if you have him at all). He’s playing on Spain’s U18 team this summer so we could get a good look at him there. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our annual 6th man of the year.

Yeah, I thought the Zags were leading the whole time with Baba Miller. Even though Ham likes to play 17 guys, I think he'd most likely get more minute in Tallahassee. I would think he'd slide naturally into that starting 4 spot left open by Butler.

Logically, you'd think the starting five would be Warley, Mills, Cleveland, Miller, and McLeod. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like Ham is eager to start freshmen. I believe Cleveland, Barnes, and Pat Williams all came off the bench as freshmen. So Idk, maybe he starts Fletcher over Miller?

If he played high school basketball in the States, I feel pretty confident that he'd be a 5-star prospect. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's taken in the lottery in 2023 or 2024. How would I rate him going into the 2023 season? Not sure. Always hard to know how many minutes a freshmen under Ham is going to get. If I do rank him, there's a good chance he won't be in the top 100, as I'm pretty sure I'll have both Cleveland and Mills in there somewhere. He'll certainly be under consideration for one of the top 150 players. But, will most likely be the third Seminole in my pecking order.

Reactions: KisteK
Ya a lot of Zags fans are wondering if GU goes back to a 4 out lineup like two years ago. I could see it happening, and wouldn’t be surprised if they did it when Efton Reid was in the game at center.

Crazy amount of lineup possibilities.

Zags have quite a few big-name guards on the team. One of the names that isn't being talked about a whole lot, though, is Dominick Harris. He sat out last year with a foot injury. He's a talented player, but coming off an injury and competing against several other talented guards, do you think he might be the odd man out of the regular rotation?

Crazy amount of lineup possibilities.

Zags have quite a few big-name guards on the team. One of the names that isn't being talked about a whole lot, though, is Dominick Harris. He sat out last year with a foot injury. He's a talented player, but coming off an injury and competing against several other talented guards, do you think he might be the odd man out of the regular rotation?
Ya I don't see him getting much playing time this year. He should be behind the other 4 guards. I'm just hoping that he stays patient through all of this. He will be needed eventually.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah, I thought the Zags were leading the whole time with Baba Miller. Even though Ham likes to play 17 guys, I think he'd most likely get more minute in Tallahassee. I would think he'd slide naturally into that starting 4 spot left open by Butler.

Logically, you'd think the starting five would be Warley, Mills, Cleveland, Miller, and McLeod. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like Ham is eager to start freshmen. I believe Cleveland, Barnes, and Pat Williams all came off the bench as freshmen. So Idk, maybe he starts Fletcher over Miller?

If he played high school basketball in the States, I feel pretty confident that he'd be a 5-star prospect. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's taken in the lottery in 2023 or 2024. How would I rate him going into the 2023 season? Not sure. Always hard to know how many minutes a freshmen under Ham is going to get. If I do rank him, there's a good chance he won't be in the top 100, as I'm pretty sure I'll have both Cleveland and Mills in there somewhere. He'll certainly be under consideration for one of the top 150 players. But, will most likely be the third Seminole in my pecking order.

Zags seemed in the lead to me too. But he reportedly really bonded with some of our players (not surprising since our team culture is usually our best asset) and then when the Zags brought back Timme and Strawther…hard to see minutes like you said.

Regarding starting, I doubt it. He’s playing with Spain all summer and doesn’t arrive until August. Meanwhile, guys like Fletcher and Corhen and Gainey are already working with team.

But the thing is, I’m not sure it matters. All about % of minutes with Ham. He doesn’t have starters he has finishers.

Cleveland played 60% of our possible minutes last year, which led the team (yes, skewed by injuries to guys like Osborne and Mills).

Scottie played 58% of minutes, while Pat Williams played 52% of minutes. Both third on the team (and both were loaded teams).

Jon Isaac started and played 60% of the minutes. The year prior, Dwayne Bacon started and played 71% of the minutes.

Ham is gonna play the best players the most minutes, regardless of class. Will they start? Idk. But they will play. So if Baba is that good, he’ll play 50%+ of the minutes.

If I had to guess right now, I’d say the starting lineup would be:

Warley, Mills, Cleveland, Fletcher, McLeod.

Baba, Chandler Jackson, Gainey, Darin Green, Tom House, and Cam Corhen all having a role off the bench. Damn, I guess we are gonna be pretty deep next year.

As the KU MU rivalry has been restored and MU got a new coach I researched their roster.

Does anyone in the SEC worry about this?

PF 6'8 Kobe Brown Senior 12.5 PPG 7.6 RPG at Mizzou
PF 6'8 Aiden Shaw Freshman #53 on rivals
SG 6'6 Ronnie Degray Sophomore 8.3 PPG 4.6 RPG at Mizzou
SG 6'5 Isaih Mosley Senior 20 PPG 6.2 RPG at Missouri State - Transfer
SG 6'6 Kaleb Brown Sophomore 0.9 PPG 1.2 RPG at Mizzou
CG 6'4 D'Moi Hodge Senior 15.4 PPG 1.4 APG at Cleveland State - Transfer
CG 6'4 Tre Gomillion Senior 10.5 PPG 2.9 APG at Cleveland State - Transfer
SF 6'6 Noah Carter Junior 15 PPG 4.1 RPG at Northern Iowa - Transfer
PG 5'10 Nick Honor Senior 7.7 PPG 2.4 APG at Clemson - Transfer
SG 6'5 DeAndre Gholston 14.3 PPG 2.1 APG at Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Transfer
C 6'10 Mohammad Diarra 3 Star Freshman on Rivals
PG 6'3 Sean East 3 star Community college transfer
PG 6'4 Christian Jones 3 star Freshman on rivals

I think they could make some noise and be a bubble team

As the KU MU rivalry has been restored and MU got a new coach I researched their roster.

Does anyone in the SEC worry about this?

PF 6'8 Kobe Brown Senior 12.5 PPG 7.6 RPG at Mizzou
PF 6'8 Aiden Shaw Freshman #53 on rivals
SG 6'6 Ronnie Degray Sophomore 8.3 PPG 4.6 RPG at Mizzou
SG 6'5 Isaih Mosley Senior 20 PPG 6.2 RPG at Missouri State - Transfer
SG 6'6 Kaleb Brown Sophomore 0.9 PPG 1.2 RPG at Mizzou
CG 6'4 D'Moi Hodge Senior 15.4 PPG 1.4 APG at Cleveland State - Transfer
CG 6'4 Tre Gomillion Senior 10.5 PPG 2.9 APG at Cleveland State - Transfer
SF 6'6 Noah Carter Junior 15 PPG 4.1 RPG at Northern Iowa - Transfer
PG 5'10 Nick Honor Senior 7.7 PPG 2.4 APG at Clemson - Transfer
SG 6'5 DeAndre Gholston 14.3 PPG 2.1 APG at Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Transfer
C 6'10 Mohammad Diarra 3 Star Freshman on Rivals
PG 6'3 Sean East 3 star Community college transfer
PG 6'4 Christian Jones 3 star Freshman on rivals

I think they could make some noise and be a bubble team

Dennis Gates is a future star. They will compete for a bid this year, might even snag one. And in 3 years Mizzou will be posing problems.

Shaw and Mosely gonna keep my eye a couple of seasons for sure..

I'm side-eyein the Cleveland St guys, but if Zou ends up being competitive, I'm gonna love all that.

Right now for the ACC I’d say:

UNC
Duke
FSU
Miami
Virginia Tech

Zags seemed in the lead to me too. But he reportedly really bonded with some of our players (not surprising since our team culture is usually our best asset) and then when the Zags brought back Timme and Strawther…hard to see minutes like you said.

Regarding starting, I doubt it. He’s playing with Spain all summer and doesn’t arrive until August. Meanwhile, guys like Fletcher and Corhen and Gainey are already working with team.

But the thing is, I’m not sure it matters. All about % of minutes with Ham. He doesn’t have starters he has finishers.

Cleveland played 60% of our possible minutes last year, which led the team (yes, skewed by injuries to guys like Osborne and Mills).

Scottie played 58% of minutes, while Pat Williams played 52% of minutes. Both third on the team (and both were loaded teams).

Jon Isaac started and played 60% of the minutes. The year prior, Dwayne Bacon started and played 71% of the minutes.

Ham is gonna play the best players the most minutes, regardless of class. Will they start? Idk. But they will play. So if Baba is that good, he’ll play 50%+ of the minutes.

If I had to guess right now, I’d say the starting lineup would be:

Warley, Mills, Cleveland, Fletcher, McLeod.

Baba, Chandler Jackson, Gainey, Darin Green, Tom House, and Cam Corhen all having a role off the bench. Damn, I guess we are gonna be pretty deep next year.

Hah yeah, I think you guys will be alright. That depth certainly helps mitigate the loss of Butler. In terms of talent, I think FSU should start the season somewhere in the top 25.

As of today, I think the ACC has 7 tournament teams. UNC, Duke, Miami, FSU, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Notre Dame.

Hoping Scheyer is able to land Grandison. That could make Duke a borderline top 5 team.

Arizona added a veteran wing yesterday in Cedric Henderson from Campbell. Versatile 2/3 who fits the system offensive and defensively. He had a great game against Duke last year putting up 18 and 11 in a pretty close match up. If Arizona is able to land Courtney Ramey, I think they're easily a top 15- 20 team with a very high ceiling.

VT hasn't finished ahead of UVA in the ACC standings since 2010-2011 but okay lol

I actually think the call out is worthy. I didn’t realize y’all had 3 top 70 guys coming in.

I think Kihei holds your ceiling back, but he also raises your floor.

I had UVA 6th when I made that previous list but I’ll bump them to 4th:

UNC
Duke
FSU
UVA
Miami

ND and VT could both be in that 4/5 spot too. Especially if FSU doesn’t fully gel until February. (Lot of depth and talent, but also lots of newcomers.)

Reactions: TKBray and jhmossy
Hah yeah, I think you guys will be alright. That depth certainly helps mitigate the loss of Butler. In terms of talent, I think FSU should start the season somewhere in the top 25.

I don’t even think Butler is that huge of a loss. His floor spacing will certainly be missed, but we couldn’t play him against teams with grown men. His best game of the year was Duke.

Baba is basically Butler, but 30 pounds heavier.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I don’t even think Butler is that huge of a loss. His floor spacing will certainly be missed, but we couldn’t play him against teams with grown men. His best game of the year was Duke.

Baba is basically Butler, but 30 pounds heavier.

FSU should be the ACC favorite. Talent + experience.

Arizona added a veteran wing yesterday in Cedric Henderson from Campbell. Versatile 2/3 who fits the system offensive and defensively. He had a great game against Duke last year putting up 18 and 11 in a pretty close match up. If Arizona is able to land Courtney Ramey, I think they're easily a top 15- 20 team with a very high ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT