ADVERTISEMENT

What does your roster look like today?

Oh boo fuggin' hoo, Duke is more stacked with talent than any other team and there is probably a decent chance Keels returns. wE lItErAlLy DoN't HaVe A sTaRtInG tWo GuArD.
200.gif

I'll report on the Hogs in November, as no on knows who's on our team.
Roster
6'4" Devo Davis
6'7" Kamani Johnson

Transfers
6'9" Brazille (Mizzou)
6'6" Council (WichSt)
6'9 Graham (AZST)
6'9" Makhi Mitchell (Rhode Island)
6'10" Makhel Mitchell (Rhode Island)

FR (rivals rank, which usually sucks)
6'7" Anthony Black (#27) McDAA
6'5" Nick Smith (#2) McDAA
6'7" Jordan Walsh (#24) McDAA
6'6" Joseph Pinion (#131)
6'6" Barry Dunning (#134)
6'3" Derrien Ford (#78)

Ike Cornish
Hakim Hart
Julian Reese
Donta Scott
Ian Martinez
Donald Carey
Jahmir Young
Noah Batchelor

Still need at least 2 more guys...

Kevin McCullar just committed to Kansas from Texas Tech

Neither Braun nor Wilson have withdrawn from the nba combine

So today Kansas looks like

Earnest Udeh
KJ Adams
Gradey Dick
Kevin McCullar
Dejuan Harris Jr

Bench
MJ Rice
Zach Clamence
Bobby Pettiford
Cam Martin
Kyle Cuffe
Joseph Yesufu
Zuby Ejiofer

Earnest Udeh
KJ Adams
Gradey Dick
Kevin McCullar
Dejuan Harris Jr

Bench
MJ Rice
Zach Clamence
Bobby Pettiford
Cam Martin
Kyle Cuffe
Joseph Yesufu
Zuby Ejiofer
I think Clemence starts and Wilson returns.

Who else is leaving? Cam Martin? Yesfu? I’m hoping it’s not Yesfu
Cuffe would be my guess. I know that they’re still prioritizing adding a guard, so they must be expecting someone to leave. And I’ve heard they expect Wilson back.

Reactions: wesr

Earnest Udeh
KJ Adams
Gradey Dick
Kevin McCullar
Dejuan Harris Jr

Bench
MJ Rice
Zach Clamence
Bobby Pettiford
Cam Martin
Kyle Cuffe
Joseph Yesufu
Zuby Ejiofer
I'm looking forward to Tech being able to leave Mccullar wide open to shoot the ball next year. Those should be some fun games especially in Lubbock. The dude is going to get roasted.

Very talented but fairly unproven, besides Shannon, Jr. If we can add Pete Nance, which we’re cautiously optimistic about, we should be near the top of the Big Ten and a top 25 team again, IMO. I’d be very happy about that/the health of the program if that’s the case, given we just lost so many seniors and a first team All-American.

I'm looking forward to Tech being able to leave Mccullar wide open to shoot the ball next year. Those should be some fun games especially in Lubbock. The dude is going to get roasted.

I read that he made 42% of his open looks last year, so I look forward to that too.

I read that he made 42% of his open looks last year, so I look forward to that too.
We both know Tech doesn't really give open looks. Like I said it's gonna be fun to watch. Feel free to let me know when you realize he isn't what you expected to get out of him.

We both know Tech doesn't really give open looks. Like I said it's gonna be fun to watch. Feel free to let me know when you realize he isn't what you expected to get out of him.
KU will gp 2-0 vs tech next year

tt fellas...why is McCullar leaving? Adams really performed this year and several of us were thinking he had the special sauce and it was Beard that benefited from him...I was rooting for him because he just seems like a throwback, like a character from a sports film from the 70's...I thought his team played with a lot of effort and intelligently...they had more success than most figured so why are they bailing? maybe I am wrong and and you guys have not lost much but that was my impression.

as for what he brings to KU...a 6'6" plus defender that can pass and guard 1-4 that played point at TT but won't at KU...that is a valuable piece. i do not expect him to lead KU in scoring and his lack of 3 pt shooting is a concern, especially when he is on the court with Harris but maybe the ankles really hurt his shot. I would guess the nba told him it was mostly about working on his shot, and by most accounts he seems like a good, coachable kid that will work so it is not unreasonable to expect him to imprvoe. Also it just helps to be surrounded by a lot of talent as well.

Reactions: KisteK
tt fellas...why is McCullar leaving? Adams really performed this year and several of us were thinking he had the special sauce and it was Beard that benefited from him...I was rooting for him because he just seems like a throwback, like a character from a sports film from the 70's...I thought his team played with a lot of effort and intelligently...they had more success than most figured so why are they bailing? maybe I am wrong and and you guys have not lost much but that was my impression.

as for what he brings to KU...a 6'6" plus defender that can pass and guard 1-4 that played point at TT but won't at KU...that is a valuable piece. i do not expect him to lead KU in scoring and his lack of 3 pt shooting is a concern, especially when he is on the court with Harris but maybe the ankles really hurt his shot. I would guess the nba told him it was mostly about working on his shot, and by most accounts he seems like a good, coachable kid that will work so it is not unreasonable to expect him to imprvoe. Also it just helps to be surrounded by a lot of talent as well.
Still a big question mark honestly. There was some hints that he wasn't a fan of the playing time or rotations even though he played the most minutes on the team. He's a good player in some areas and not so good in others. The way we play defense he fit because offense isn't as of a big priority. I don't think he will be a great fit at Kansas so the move doesn't make a lot of sense other than going to play for the defending champion. He might think his offensive game can be improved on another team and my guess is he ends up playing less at Kansas than at Tech.

He wasn't at the top of my list of wants, but he's a good player. I don't think anybody's expecting an All American. Why wouldn't a team want to add him? Unless it prevents them from getting a dominant talent.

Still a big question mark honestly. There was some hints that he wasn't a fan of the playing time or rotations even though he played the most minutes on the team. He's a good player in some areas and not so good in others. The way we play defense he fit because offense isn't as of a big priority. I don't think he will be a great fit at Kansas so the move doesn't make a lot of sense other than going to play for the defending champion. He might think his offensive game can be improved on another team and my guess is he ends up playing less at Kansas than at Tech.

Why isn't he a good fit?

Since they're losing Agbaji and probably Braun, it makes sense to add a versatile wing. McCullar allows KU to keep the same style, playing three big wings with guard skills. He has good passing skills and he can create for teammates in grab-and-go situations. Plus, he can attack and drive off penetration, which is a big part of the offense.

He also allows them to switch like they've been doing and can guard 1-4.

Why isn't he a good fit?

Since they're losing Agbaji and probably Braun, it makes sense to add a versatile wing. McCullar allows KU to keep the same style, playing three big wings with guard skills. He has good passing skills and he can create for teammates in grab-and-go situations. Plus, he can attack and drive off penetration, which is a big part of the offense.

He also allows them to switch like they've been doing and can guard 1-4.
He can't shoot and is only a decent ball handler and passer. I just don't think he adds that much to Kansas honestly. He was supposed to be a leader given how long he was at Tech and disappeared too often or just flat out sucked. I trusted three of our brand new transfers more than I did McCullar last year to have good games when we needed it. I'm just guessing you guys will be disappointed. Don't get me wrong we didn't want to lose him for the continuity but he is far from irreplaceable.

He can't shoot and is only a decent ball handler and passer. I just don't think he adds that much to Kansas honestly. He was supposed to be a leader given how long he was at Tech and disappeared too often or just flat out sucked. I trusted three of our brand new transfers more than I did McCullar last year to have good games when we needed it. I'm just guessing you guys will be disappointed. Don't get me wrong we didn't want to lose him for the continuity but he is far from irreplaceable.

I definitely haven't followed every minute of his career, but I know that Self thinks highly of him. From what I've heard, Self preferred him over Mosley, a vastly superior shooter. He clearly thinks he's valuable and a good fit. CJ Moore from The Athletic raved about him, and quoted several anonymous Big 12 coaches who had high praise.

I'm pretty sure the injury had a lot to do with him disappearing and the drop in his shooting %. People were saying the same about Remy Martin midseason. And like Martin, McCullar came on pretty strong in the tourney. Shot 54% vs Duke and dropped 17. Scored a quarter of Tech's points vs Notre Dame.

Even if he doesn't improve his 3 pt shot much, he's got a nice mid-range shot.

Last edited:
I'm not going to give a long list of players and positions. Let it suffice to say they look like a bunch of ass kickers and y'all are officially on notice.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: cdbearde and KisteK
I definitely haven't followed every minute of his career, but I know that Self thinks highly of him. From what I've heard, Self preferred him over Mosley, a vastly superior shooter. He clearly thinks he's valuable and a good fit. CJ Moore from The Athletic raved about him, and quoted several anonymous Big 12 coaches who had high praise.

I'm pretty sure the injury had a lot to do with him disappearing and the drop in his shooting %. People were saying the same about Remy Martin midseason. And like Martin, McCullar came on pretty strong in the tourney. Shot 54% vs Duke and dropped 17. Scored a quarter of Tech's points vs Notre Dame.

Even if he doesn't improve his 3 pt shot much, he's got a nice mid-range shot.
Surprised he'd prefer McCullar over Mosely. I'd have taken Mosely as an upgrade over McCullar. Then again we had almost no three point shooting last year and looking to improve that next season.

Surprised he'd prefer McCullar over Mosely. I'd have taken Mosely as an upgrade over McCullar. Then again we had almost no three point shooting last year and looking to improve that next season.

Self’s going to favor the guy who plays great defense almost every time. Mosley’s vastly inferior on defense.

Plus, who knows how Mosley’s shooting would translate to the Big 12 from Missouri Valley. 41% career 3 pt shooting is nice, but nothing incredible, and it would likely drop.

That said, it’s possible that he might still add Mosley too.

41% is nothinng to sneeze at from 3 though. Doubt theres many guys out there that shot 50% from three unless they just didnt have many attempts. To me 41% is dang near as good as it gets. Agreed about the diff in competition could make that go down.

Yall got any read on Hunter. Seems KU and Texas are a bit ahead of Louisville for hunter. I dont get the texas love though, him and marcus carr seem like they do alot of the same things. Idk, i just jnow we only got one guard on the roster so we are gonna have to add somebody somewhere along the lines. Hoping for hunter and or the kid from Chattanooga.

41% is nothinng to sneeze at from 3 though. Doubt theres many guys out there that shot 50% from three unless they just didnt have many attempts. To me 41% is dang near as good as it gets. Agreed about the diff in competition could make that go down.

Yall got any read on Hunter. Seems KU and Texas are a bit ahead of Louisville for hunter. I dont get the texas love though, him and marcus carr seem like they do alot of the same things. Idk, i just jnow we only got one guard on the roster so we are gonna have to add somebody somewhere along the lines. Hoping for hunter and or the kid from Chattanooga.

Early on, I was hearing he was leaning KU, now I’m hearing Texas. Who knows.

I think Beard still has people convinced he’s building something special.

I have no fvcking idea. It's been two years since I could name tell you who is in Louisville's starting lineup. We need you Kenny; we need you bad.

Early on, I was hearing he was leaning KU, now I’m hearing Texas. Who knows.

I think Beard still has people convinced he’s building something special.
Who knows, i figured they had bookoos of rich ass alum willing to do whatever it takes ala txam and miami.

I have nothing against beard or texas really just seems like him and carr dont compliment each other at all, both ball dominant guards.

Like i said though im just gettin antsy bc we only have el ellis at guard atm. Malachi smith from chatt would be a better fit imo bc he can play off the ball moreso, where Ellis like hunter is a ball dominant guard as well, but again its all we got so we have backcourt PT to sell by the buttload.

Wish we had pettiford 😉 but i wouldnt trade him for Curry. I think hes gonna have a breakout year, he showed flashes last season.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Who knows, i figured they had bookoos of rich ass alum willing to do whatever it takes ala txam and miami.

I have nothing against beard or texas really just seems like him and carr dont compliment each other at all, both ball dominant guards.

Like i said though im just gettin antsy bc we only have el ellis at guard atm. Malachi smith from chatt would be a better fit imo bc he can play off the ball moreso, where Ellis like hunter is a ball dominant guard as well, but again its all we got so we have backcourt PT to sell by the buttload.

Wish we had pettiford 😉 but i wouldnt trade him for Curry. I think hes gonna have a breakout year, he showed flashes last season.
Yeah, I’m sure Texas boosters are throwing stacks at him.

I’ve heard that the staff really likes Pettiford. Although, he’s injury-prone.

I think they liked Curry’s potential (so did I), but I heard there were some off the court issues. Or maybe that was an excuse to make room for Agbaji.

There may be with curry, but i havent heard of any. Seems agbaji was already there way before the curry/petiford class but i dont follow ku super closely.

There may be with curry, but i havent heard of any. Seems agbaji was already there way before the curry/petiford class but i dont follow ku super closely.
Curry’s transfer was announced about the same time that Agbaji pulled out of the draft.

Curry’s transfer was announced about the same time that Agbaji pulled out of the draft.
But u still had room to take pettiford so i still dont follow, except the timing i guess.

After it all settled it seemed we just did a pettiford for curry swap, bc pettiford decommitted from louisville. Dont get me wrong id love to have pettiford, esp given our shortcomings at guard.

But u still had room to take pettiford so i still dont follow, except the timing i guess.

After it all settled it seemed we just did a pettiford for curry swap, bc pettiford decommitted from louisville. Dont get me wrong id love to have pettiford, esp given our shortcomings at guard.

Pettiford committed in March last year. Curry announced he was decommitting in May and then committed to Louisville in mid-July.

Agbaji didn’t officially return until July, but I remember reading that he was expected back around the time that Curry announced he was leaving. Either way, if Curry had stayed, they wouldn’t have had a scholarship for Agbaji.

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT