ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys think about this Child Tax Credit Change?

We don't really need it but will just put the money away anyway so whatever.

Too much? About right? Unnecessary completely?

I know there are other political threads. We have no kids. I can't try to pretend to understand the costs. I'm too tired to calculate it.

Article might be outdated, there could have been more changes.

SO does this mean my daughter will get $12, 600? Youngest is 5($3.600). Other three are all over 6, but under 17.

SO does this mean my daughter will get $12, 600? Youngest is 5($3.600). Other three are all over 6, but under 17.

Yes, but it isn't all just free money. It takes the usual child tax credit you get, adds some, and give it to you as an advance. So instead of taking it all off your taxes and getting a fat income tax return, you will just get it in monthly payments instead.

I think thats how it works. No kids so I haven't looked into it that much.

Yes, but it isn't all just free money. It takes the usual child tax credit you get, adds some, and give it to you as an advance. So instead of taking it all off your taxes and getting a fat income tax return, you will just get it in monthly payments instead.

I think thats how it works. No kids so I haven't looked into it that much.
Thanks...She asked me. I was like---Dear, we haven't worried about that shit for years....SO I have no idea.

Deserve it for having to do school from home imo(and i dont even get to claim), that was a nightmare for me with my 6 yo.

talking bout write a pragraph about a butterflys life cycle when she does good to make the tail of a g curve the right way. Ridiculous. That was Kindergarten too. Granted it was hard on teachers, as as well as everyone really.

Reactions: KisteK
I'll take it at the end of the year, barely notice an extra $250/month.

Reactions: toonces11
I’m not really a fan. The extra seems unnecessary and the $150k income ceiling seems far too high.

But whatever. Seems like all we do is print money these days so what’s another dozen billion or so?

Its like here in Ky they are giving out an extra round of food stamps or whatever to people who have kids. $325 per kid. I'm sure there are families that need it, but you have people posting about buying steaks with it between talking about their 2nd or 3rd vacation, buying new car, etc...

I'm sure they could do something better with the money since most seem to go out of state anyway to spend the extra they have.

I’m just annoyed by the fact that there is an arbitrary income limit on it. $150,000 a year is nothing in California. My brother has 4 kids and daycare for all of them can run up to $10k a month.

Reactions: I am stupid
I’m just annoyed by the fact that there is an arbitrary income limit on it. $150,000 a year is nothing in California. My brother has 4 kids and daycare for all of them can run up to $10k a month.

While I grasp your point, and it’s not an incorrect one, I don’t really feel bad for any people who have lots of kids. It was a choice and we all know they are expensive.

Reactions: IUBtown
While I grasp your point, and it’s not an incorrect one, I don’t really feel bad for any people who have lots of kids. It was a choice and we all know they are expensive.
Well they got twins on their last try lol. But I would say that we should be encouraging college educated, successful parents to be having more children. Yet these are the families that have less children statistically.

That's a good point too. The situations that I have compassion for are any where the child has special needs that are really expensive. I'm not up to speed with what kind of assistance families in that situation get.

I got a few hundred for my toddlers that I don't really need, but I'm sure other folks do need it. No issues from me.

I do think cost of living should be taken into account when deciding an income limit. People shouldn't be punished for not living in fly over country.

Reactions: Original_Irish
Well they got twins on their last try lol. But I would say that we should be encouraging college educated, successful parents to be having more children. Yet these are the families that have less children statistically.

I’m not sure we need to be incentivizing anyone to have kids. I’m not saying people shouldn’t have kids if they want them, just don’t think we need to specifically encourage it. We’ve got like 7.5 billion people.

I'm more of the encouraging those who can't provide to not have kids. College educated know to keep it at a certain number to ensure they can support them all. The other side of the equation doesnt care. I'd support the government offering spade and neutering of humans for free and capping the limit of dependents at 3-4.

I definitely think the dependent benefits should be capped around 3.

ADVERTISEMENT