ADVERTISEMENT

Westbrook to Rockets for CP3, Picks

I can't stand Westbrook or Harden. Now it will be easy to root against them again

Could work, they’re both explosive. Westbrook can get into shooting slumps occasionally, but the dude creates more of a threat at point than cp3, which in turn leaves Harden to score more and Gordon to get nice open looks. Houston will be top 4/5 in the West.

As I see it now as far as the West:
1. Clippers (Their defense will be next level with Kawhi, PG, Pat Bev, Montrezl, and Lou Will, gonna be a fun team to watch.
2.Lakers (LeBron and AD are an insane duo who I feel will mesh well together as long as AD can stay healthy, add to the fact that Kuz is solid, they have shooters in Danny Green and Caldwell-Pope. Norvell, Boogie, Avery Bradley, Q Cook, and Rondo round out a really good looking squad on paper.
3. Jazz ( Crazy good backcourt in D Mitch and Conely, with really good additions in Bogdanovic, Mudiay, Jeff Green. The already existing roster of Gobert, Ingles, and Exum round out a really talented team that could go deep in the Playoffs.
4a. Warriors ( They’re still going to have a really good team even without KD and Iggy. As soon as Klay returns from his injury, they will be an extremely formidable squad. Adding D’angelo Russell with Steph, Klay, Draymond, and Looney. They’ll be a tough out. Not as dominant as years prior though, obviously.
4b. Rockets (As stated earlier, it all depends on how this squad meshes. Westbrook and Harden played together at OKC, but both of their games have changed drastically. Harden was a 6th man on that team, and didn’t play quite as much iso ball. Westbrook became a triple double regular. I do see them being explosive and creating a fast pace energy to the rockets offense. Tie in Clint Capela grabbing boards and protecting the hoop, PJ Tucker, and Eric Gordon, I think they’ll be pretty damn good. Certainly an upgrade from last season imo.
5. Nuggets (I like this team a lot, they could easily slide into the top 3 as well. Jokic/Murray combo is getting better and better, and both are still really young and are growing as players. Gary Harris and Barton add real problems for opposing teams as well, as they continue getting better. Dangerous team, but I have them at number 5 preseason just because the West is so stacked this upcoming season.
6. Blazers ( Dame and and CJ make a hell of a backcourt that work extremely well. Tough out against the Warriors this past year, but there were many missed opportunities, and the Warriors were playing their best basketball right at that moment. I think this Blazers squad will be pretty good this year with Bazemore, R Hood, Nurkic (hopefully returning healed and ready from his gruesome injury) and a steal imo in the draft in Nassir Litte. A very talented roster that seems to be an upgrade from last season.

Last edited:
Could work, they’re both explosive. Westbrook can get into shooting slumps occasionally, but the dude creates more of a threat at point than cp3, which in turn leaves Harden to score more and Gordon to get nice open looks. Houston will be top 4/5 in the West.

As I see it now as far as the West:
1. Clippers (Their defense will be next level with Kawhi, PG, Pat Bev, Montrezl, and Lou Will, gonna be a fun team to watch.
2.Lakers (LeBron and AD are an insane duo who I feel will mesh well together as long as AD can stay healthy, add to the fact that Kuz is solid, they have shooters in Danny Green and Caldwell-Pope. Norvell, Boogie, Avery Bradley, Q Cook, and Rondo round out a really good looking squad on paper.
3. Jazz ( Crazy good backcourt in D Mitch and Conely, with really good additions in Bogdanovic, Mudiay, Jeff Green. The already existing roster of Gobert, Ingles, and Exum round out a really talented team that could go deep in the Playoffs.
4a. Warriors ( They’re still going to have a really good team even without KD and Iggy. As soon as Klay returns from his injury, they will be an extremely formidable squad. Adding D’angelo Russell with Steph, Klay, Draymond, and Looney. They’ll be a tough out. Not as dominant as years prior though, obviously.
4b. Rockets (As stated earlier, it all depends on how this squad meshes. Westbrook and Harden played together at OKC, but both of their games have changed drastically. Harden was a 6th man on that team, and didn’t play quite as much iso ball. Westbrook became a triple double regular. I do see them being explosive and creating a fast pace energy to the rockets offense. Tie in Clint Capela grabbing boards and protecting the hoop, PJ Tucker, and Eric Gordon, I think they’ll be pretty damn good. Certainly an upgrade from last season imo.
5. Nuggets (I like this team a lot, they could easily slide into the top 3 as well. Jokic/Murray combo is getting better and better, and both are still really young and are growing as players. Gary Harris and Barton add real problems for opposing teams as well, as they continue getting better. Dangerous team, but I have them at number 5 preseason just because the West is so stacked this upcoming season.
6. Blazers ( Dame and and CJ make a hell of a backcourt that work extremely well. Tough out against the Warriors this past year, but there were many missed opportunities, and the Warriors were playing their best basketball right at that moment. I think this Blazers squad will be pretty good this year with Bazemore, R Hood, Nurkic (hopefully returning healed and ready from his gruesome injury) and a steal imo in the draft in Nassir Litte. A very talented roster that seems to be an upgrade from last season.
could work? they already played on the same team you dummy. I think they'll be fine.

Reactions: ceilo77
could work? they already played on the same team you dummy. I think they'll be fine.

That they played together in OKC in 2012 has little to do with whether the experiment of putting two historically high usage PGs on the same team will work, particularly where each have been terrible off ball (Westbrook b/c of lack of shooting, Harden b/c of inactivity likely related to fatigue/rest). Maybe being needlessly aggressive in a post where you're not clearly right is a bad idea.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT