ADVERTISEMENT

Wendell Carter decision today

ThroughBlue

Aug 21, 2005
hopefully he is gone for college basketballs sake. He was a monster when Bagley was out and I imagine would be a 18/10 type of guy next year if he returns.

Anyone know where he is projected in the draft

I felt all year he was underappreciated on a national level. The kid is damn good.

If he somehow came back....I don't even know how to imagine all that talent.

Shocked.

I don't get why they would bother with that dumb "Well, he is so conflicted" story. Keep it to yourself. No need to make it public.

Shocked.

I don't get why they would bother with that dumb "Well, he is so conflicted" story. Keep it to yourself. No need to make it public.

All it does is make sure some of the fanbase gets real upset and says stupid things to you on Twitter. Same thing with Knox when he announced last week.

Shocked.

PR to make it seem like they actually care about the university they attended for a few months?

Shocked.

Yeah but if he waited this long, I'd bet the conflicting was real.

Shocked.

Maybe because he actually was conflicted? He's a student at heart, enjoyed his 1 year in Durham and to foul out in the Elite 8 in OT like that on a BS call must have bothered him a lot.

Ultimately, he wisened up and made the rational decision financially.

Oh, I'm sure it was. But that feels like something you share AFTER the fact, not during.
It's more believable if you say you're conflicted while you actually are. Does anyone think for a second that DeAndre Ayton or Bamba were conflicted in the least?

Hell, Ayton basically declared for the NBA draft at halftime of Arizona's game against Buffalo when they were being blown out. RollLaugh

No no Nish, I'm not questioning that he was conflicted. Im sure he was.

But I don't get why there was a need for a public story about it. Why contribute to a story for ESPN or wherever? Why not just say "Wendell is still considering it."?

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
He's one of the guys I want the Bulls to get. Love to see Carter and Markkanen at the big spots.

No no Nish, I'm not questioning that he was conflicted. Im sure he was.

But I don't get why there was a need for a public story about it. Why contribute to a story for ESPN or wherever? Why not just say "Wendell is still considering it."?
Because his mom said in an article that college was all risk and she wanted to walk it back by saying she wanted him to stay in college.

The only thing surprising about Wendell's decision is how long he took to make it. Most basketball players, especially OADs, aren't playing college basketball for the name on the front of the jersey. The biggest reason kids go to college and the biggest reason kids stay in college is because they have to.

I remember a few years ago trying to convince myself that Justin Anderson was coming back for his senior year because he seemed to love UVA so much. And he probably did. But he didn't love UVA more than he loved millions of dollars.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Very good basketball player. Seems to be a very good kid. He will have the chance to make $10,000,000 before he can legally buy a Naty Lite. No brainer. Hope he does well. Would have anchored Duke's front line next year.

i think most OAD players love the school/coach they attended and played for, but they also love the thoughts of reaching their dreams of playing in the NBA and making millions (who wouldn't)

most of them give it all they got in that one year and want to win

Reactions: wesr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT