ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this sucks....

Owners are ruining baseball............?----How?

$11 million a year isn't a mega contract.

More than most are making more than hundreds of thousands....The average salary is $4.2 million.

Recent count reports that 38 players are making more than $20 million a year....And 125 are making more than $10 million...Of course these numbers are a bit deceiving, when you look at it like this...

You have a group of 10 guys----One makes $20 million, the other 9, $50K----average salary is like $2 million of that group----But, well, only one dude is making loot. Then again, no one in MLB is making $50, 000. Plus, its a position game as well....Median salary for a SP is like $5.2 million...As of today, 17 pitchers make over $20 million a year...

Look, when you are in a profession where the lowest paid position is $653, 000--- I don't wanna hear about money issues. At all. Not to mention the perks these dudes get: $100 a day to eat on----money is paid upfront: SO if you go on a 10 day road trip, you are given $1,000 before leaving. THnk about that? A dude making million of dollars, is given money to eat on....

All of them are greedy....Owners, players....all are.

It takes me 8 years to make baseball minimum wage.....And I sure the **** don't get $100 a day to eat on....or have access to top notch travel, hotels, medical care, etc, etc...

Give me a break with thi shit...
I just don't see how anyone in their right mind could have looked at this last labor dispute, the issues at hand, and have come away with anything other than **** the owners.

Reactions: RR30
Think you’re still looking at it the wrong way but that’s okay. This labor issue wasn’t because Mike Trout was complaining that he wanted $550 million instead of the $450 million contract he has.

Either way, the MLB-owner self-imposed lockout is thankfully over.
Exactly. This guy gets it and knows what's going on.

I'll repeat my above post....I don't know how anyone in their right mind could have looked at the issues tabled during the lockout and come away with an opinion other than **** the owners.

A baseball and soccer thread…how interesting.

Anybody want to talk about Bowling?

Freaking Bob Castellni is surprised that all of the opening day tickets for the Reds aren't sold. What a clown. That is what happens when you get rid of your players and don't care about winning. Fans are just aligning the money they spend on tickets with their payroll like you said you wanted to do.

Freaking Bob Castellni is surprised that all of the opening day tickets for the Reds aren't sold. What a clown. That is what happens when you get rid of your players and don't care about winning. Fans are just aligning the money they spend on tickets with their payroll like you said you wanted to do.

He's really hurting if the scuttlebutt is correct. His company in NKY laid off a bunch of people last month I believe. If only he had something to sell to make 9 figures...

I just don't see how anyone in their right mind could have looked at this last labor dispute, the issues at hand, and have come away with anything other than **** the owners.

Probably listened to the loser reporters who did nothing but repeat owner talking points the entire lockout (which the owners caused) like Buster Olney, Jon Heyman etc.

Reactions: CB3UK
He's really hurting if the scuttlebutt is correct. His company in NKY laid off a bunch of people last month I believe. If only he had something to sell to make 9 figures...

Probably listened to the loser reporters who did nothing but repeat owner talking points the entire lockout (which the owners caused) like Buster Olney, Jon Heyman etc.
Yeah I don't like how a lot of the MLB Network guys are basically MLB mouthpieces. The owners were 100% wrong on this lockout. Sat on their ass for 45 days, then refused to bargain good faith. It's their fault baseball didn't start on time, not the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT