ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this sucks....

Au contraire.....the best time of the year begins Thursday.

icegif-3183.gif

Transfer portal and draft is coming up.

CBB season really does end even though the games end.

Transfer portal and draft is coming up.

CBB season really does end even though the games end.

I’ll be on cloud 9 for the next couple of weeks. NFL Draft only being a few weeks away then mini-camps and all my focus shifting to fantasy football will make it easier for me once I come down from that cloud.

Definitely inching toward the dead time of the year with summer. Got the Masters coming up with the other major golf tournaments. I'll be tuning into the NBA playoffs here in the next couple of weeks as well. Fvck baseball.

Reactions: toonces11
Basketball is over.

It's crappy Reds baseball season but more importantly nice weather and golf season.

Excited for baseball, and the NBA playoffs are one of the most engrossing times of the year for me. Love experiencing the progression of the playoffs along with progression into warm summer nights.

Definitely sucks that CBB is over, although the transfer portal has made off-seasons more interesting than Love Island

Imagine being excited for the Reds this year. Lmao

Yeah, no kidding. I pay for the Cincy channel to get every game for some reason. I will still watch for some reason. The ownership group and Krall will say the same dumb things and act like they care and barely do enough to not be totally awful. I wish the fans would boycott every game all year.

What really sucks is that FIFA picked Qatar to host the World Cup, moving it to November/December from the summer. That really would have helped to fill a month of the off-season.

If you guys have a problem with the NCAA, just do a casual read on FIFA. I’m not convinced that there’s a more corrupt organization out there.

What really sucks is that FIFA picked Qatar to host the World Cup, moving it to November/December from the summer. That really would have helped to fill a month of the off-season.

If you guys have a problem with the NCAA, just do a casual read on FIFA. I’m not convinced that there’s a more corrupt organization out there.

Yeah, they are as dirty as it gets and it isn't really even a secret.

Yeah, no kidding. I pay for the Cincy channel to get every game for some reason. I will still watch for some reason. The ownership group and Krall will say the same dumb things and act like they care and barely do enough to not be totally awful. I wish the fans would boycott every game all year.

I'm done with em. Might watch some of the young guys starts but not going to a game this year. Hopefully Castellini will sell the team and/or croak and we can get someone who actually cares in.

Gonna try and get to more FC Cincy games this year. They suck but it's not for a lack of effort at least. Plus the new stadium is gorgeous.

I'm done with em. Might watch some of the young guys starts but not going to a game this year. Hopefully Castellini will sell the team and/or croak and we can get someone who actually cares in.

I don't think Greene is ready but they are going with him. Lodolo would be a better choice but whatever. It doesn't really matter. The lineup is garbage anyway.

Didn't know that about the schedule. That really does suck. November and December are already packed, with basically every other sport.

You have:

Prime NFL season
Start of CBB
End of CFB/Bowl Games
Start of NBA

This is coming from someone that genuinely couldn't care less about soccer, but love watching the USA in the world cup. I was ready to get full on into it this summer. But now, probably won't watch much. Too many other better sports to watch.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Also super excited for the NFL draft. The Panthers have a top 6 pick, and we could really us an elite left tackle. I'm scared to death we will pick one of these QB's when the reality is, they're not getting drafted before the second round in most years.

Reactions: ceilo77
Didn't know that about the schedule. That really does suck. November and December are already packed, with basically every other sport.

You have:

Prime NFL season
Start of CBB
End of CFB/Bowl Games
Start of NBA

This is coming from someone that genuinely couldn't care less about soccer, but love watching the USA in the world cup. I was ready to get full on into it this summer. But now, probably won't watch much. Too many other better sports to watch.
It’s also squarely in the middle of the major leagues across the world, so it even messes up the schedule of their own sport. It’s truly messed up.

I’m a big soccer guy so I’ll still watch, but it really is a mess.

I wonder how much bribe $$$ they got to give it to Qatar. Particularly given that the stadiums weren’t already in place and they were essentially using slave labor to get them ready. Just disgusting.

CBB season is over....

Damn. Wish I was a bear, and could now just sleep until November..
lol, I have it worse than you I think. Basketball is literally the only sport I watch these days. I still have the NBA playoffs to look forward to, but once that ends it's all dead air for me until the NBA starts up again next October.

I am looking forward to catching up on all the shows that have built up in my Q during basketball season.

NBA playoffs are coming soon, and the MLB season. There are plenty of sports to watch if you want to.

Gonna try and get to more FC Cincy games this year. They suck but it's not for a lack of effort at least. Plus the new stadium is gorgeous.
Imagine poopooing the Reds and then talking about soccer. Yikes.

You must be a Royals guy
I’m actually from Chicago so I am a white Sox fan. We have a good team this year and expectations are high, and even with that I’m hard pressed to getup for the start of the season. Kind of like or manager has a hard time getting up from his nap

• Haha
Reactions: CB3UK
I’m actually from Chicago so I am a white Sox fan. We have a good team this year and expectations are high, and even with that I’m hard pressed to getup for the start of the season. Kind of like or manager has a hard time getting up from his nap
White Sox look like they're gonna be pretty filthy again this year. I can't stand LaRussa. But yall have Grandal, Abreva, Jiminez...Kopech, Giolito. Seems to me like it's going to be Chicago and Minnesota contending for the Central this year.

Wish the World Cup was this summer. Because Qatar is hosting, the games were deferred to November and December, instead of the usual June and July.

Au contraire.....the best time of the year begins Thursday.

icegif-3183.gif
Very true....But aside from umpiring, I've lost interest in MLB--Reds have imploded, PLUS----tired of these dudes whining about $$$$.....28th dude on the roster makes $600 fukin thousand dollars. When I heard a dude complain that---"Ya'll don't understand---My salary might be $11 million a year, but after this, after that, and after this again, I'm acutally only making about $7 million or so....

Well damn......

**** those spoiled biatchs...

MIght not win 50 games...

Very true....But aside from umpiring, I've lost interest in MLB--Reds have imploded, PLUS----tired of these dudes whining about $$$$.....28th dude on the roster makes $600 fukin thousand dollars. When I heard a dude complain that---"Ya'll don't understand---My salary might be $11 million a year, but after this, after that, and after this again, I'm acutally only making about $7 million or so....

Well damn......

**** those spoiled biatchs...
Well I get that people don't have any empathy for the players on that stuff, the mega contracts make up like 1% of MLB players. Most of them are making hundreds of thousands.

Now that's still amazing money. But the players being cast as multi millionaires everywhere is false.

The owners are the greedy ones and are who are ruining baseball. Need to do revenue sharing a la NFL.

And while analytics might make sense for payroll, reality is its a way for owners to cheap out.

Well I get that people don't have any empathy for the players on that stuff, the mega contracts make up like 1% of MLB players. Most of them are making hundreds of thousands.

Now that's still amazing money. But the players being cast as multi millionaires everywhere is false.

The owners are the greedy ones and are who are ruining baseball. Need to do revenue sharing a la NFL.

And while analytics might make sense for payroll, reality is its a way for owners to cheap out.
Owners are ruining baseball............?----How?

$11 million a year isn't a mega contract.

More than most are making more than hundreds of thousands....The average salary is $4.2 million.

Recent count reports that 38 players are making more than $20 million a year....And 125 are making more than $10 million...Of course these numbers are a bit deceiving, when you look at it like this...

You have a group of 10 guys----One makes $20 million, the other 9, $50K----average salary is like $2 million of that group----But, well, only one dude is making loot. Then again, no one in MLB is making $50, 000. Plus, its a position game as well....Median salary for a SP is like $5.2 million...As of today, 17 pitchers make over $20 million a year...

Look, when you are in a profession where the lowest paid position is $653, 000--- I don't wanna hear about money issues. At all. Not to mention the perks these dudes get: $100 a day to eat on----money is paid upfront: SO if you go on a 10 day road trip, you are given $1,000 before leaving. THnk about that? A dude making million of dollars, is given money to eat on....

All of them are greedy....Owners, players....all are.

It takes me 8 years to make baseball minimum wage.....And I sure the **** don't get $100 a day to eat on....or have access to top notch travel, hotels, medical care, etc, etc...

Give me a break with thi shit...

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Owners are ruining baseball............?----How?

$11 million a year isn't a mega contract.

More than most are making more than hundreds of thousands....The average salary is $4.2 million.

Recent count reports that 38 players are making more than $20 million a year....And 125 are making more than $10 million...Of course these numbers are a bit deceiving, when you look at it like this...

You have a group of 10 guys----One makes $20 million, the other 9, $50K----average salary is like $2 million of that group----But, well, only one dude is making loot. Then again, no one in MLB is making $50, 000. Plus, its a position game as well....Median salary for a SP is like $5.2 million...As of today, 17 pitchers make over $20 million a year...

Look, when you are in a profession where the lowest paid position is $653, 000--- I don't wanna hear about money issues. At all. Not to mention the perks these dudes get: $100 a day to eat on----money is paid upfront: SO if you go on a 10 day road trip, you are given $1,000 before leaving. THnk about that? A dude making million of dollars, is given money to eat on....

All of them are greedy....Owners, players....all are.

It takes me 8 years to make baseball minimum wage.....And I sure the **** don't get $100 a day to eat on....or have access to top notch travel, hotels, medical care, etc, etc...

Give me a break with thi shit...
You’re forgetting about all the minor league players though which make up more than MLB rosters. Most of them aren’t getting paid shit.
A lot of the CBA issues were focused on MLB teams not being able to screw the little guy as much as they had. MLB is the worst league when it comes to marketing their game, service time manipulation to keep the best young players in the minors for far too long, etc.

Not to mention the amount of teams that are making money just hand over fist with hardly any payroll, with minor league players all sharing a tiny apartment, making jack shit money, etc. Don’t want to feel sorry for the players? That’s fine. But don’t give an iota of credit towards the owners at all.

You’re forgetting about all the minor league players though which make up more than MLB rosters. Most of them aren’t getting paid shit.
A lot of the CBA issues were focused on MLB teams not being able to screw the little guy as much as they had. MLB is the worst league when it comes to marketing their game, service time manipulation to keep the best young players in the minors for far too long, etc.

Not to mention the amount of teams that are making money just hand over fist with hardly any payroll, with minor league players all sharing a tiny apartment, making jack shit money, etc. Don’t want to feel sorry for the players? That’s fine. But don’t give an iota of credit towards the owners at all.
MLB just agreed to pay 90% of all housing cost for minor league players...

If you make the 40 man roster---you are paid the MLB minimum salary, and gain seniority with such. Of course, its a prorated value----but still. Its a shit ton of money.

I 100% agree minor leaguers need better compensation, but at the same time, its a choice these guys make...Not to mention, roughly 70% of all minor leagues received signing bonuses reaching 6 figures...

I said owners are greedy........But so are the players. They all are.

Local HS coach , who is a good friend of mine, has a son that plays for the Diamondbacks. Got called up last year---made 40 man roster, and made roughly $300K for like 2 months of work. I know the ends and outs of this, and how it works.

Again----I don't wanna hear an MLB dude whining abut $$$$. Especially when their per diem each year is more than what most people make in 4 months.......$100 a day, for each road trip---81 road games---5-6 day average road trip....$600 a week, to eat on----while making at worse, $650K.

C'mon,man....

MLB just agreed to pay 90% of all housing cost for minor league players...

If you make the 40 man roster---you are paid the MLB minimum salary, and gain seniority with such. Of course, its a prorated value----but still. Its a shit ton of money.

I 100% agree minor leaguers need better compensation, but at the same time, its a choice these guys make...Not to mention, roughly 70% of all minor leagues received signing bonuses reaching 6 figures...

I said owners are greedy........But so are the players. They all are.

Local HS coach , who is a good friend of mine, has a son that plays for the Diamondbacks. Got called up last year---made 40 man roster, and made roughly $300K for like 2 months of work. I know the ends and outs of this, and how it works.

Again----I don't wanna hear an MLB dude whining abut $$$$. Especially when their per diem each year is more than what most people make in 4 months.......$100 a day, for each road trip---81 road games---5-6 day average road trip....$600 a week, to eat on----while making at worse, $650K.

C'mon,man....
Think you’re still looking at it the wrong way but that’s okay. This labor issue wasn’t because Mike Trout was complaining that he wanted $550 million instead of the $450 million contract he has. & I know how this stuff works too, which is why I’m disagreeing with you.

Now, I’m not saying players aren’t greedy but let’s just say a lot of the MLB owners are some of the greediest people on the planet that were born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

The “they chose this job” is a pretty weak argument too. Guys are chasing their dream and workers fight for their right to fairer compensation in all facets of society.

Either way, the MLB-owner self-imposed lockout is thankfully over.

Reactions: RR30 and CB3UK
Think you’re still looking at it the wrong way but that’s okay. This labor issue wasn’t because Mike Trout was complaining that he wanted $550 million instead of the $450 million contract he has. & I know how this stuff works too, which is why I’m disagreeing with you.

Now, I’m not saying players aren’t greedy but let’s just say a lot of the MLB owners are some of the greediest people on the planet that were born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

The “they chose this job” is a pretty weak argument too. Guys are chasing their dream and workers fight for their right to fairer compensation in all facets of society.

Either way, the MLB-owner self-imposed lockout is thankfully over.
I mean, this fair----but the chasing the dream isn't a weak argument....If oyu choose to spend 8 years in the minors, thats on you---1-4 years is around the average. If you are in the minors for 3-4 years, and still playing AA baseball, batting .235,I mean..........

Same with me. I went to PBUC school....Was offered a spot in Carolina leagues/rookie ball/independent leagues....I was ranked 289th. After 3 months, I was around 240th. After one year, I was offered a college job---So now I had to decide----do I continue to travel all over the midwest/east coast for a mere $100 bucks a game, in a beat up, VW van, OR, do I take a JOB, making 5x's the amount? Nothing wrog with chasing your dream----but at some point, you gotta wake up.

Basketball is over and that sucks but the one bright spot for me is that the RedSox opening day is a day or so away AND it’s Masters week. Baseball and golf season is in full swing!!! 🏌🏻‍♂️⚾️

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT