ADVERTISEMENT

Well that Sucked....

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this board for how much fun it has been talking college basketball over the last year. I've been on rivals for 12 years and was ready to give up on it with the way the football board has gone. The basketball board has been a great place to talk and share my joy for this Gonzaga season.

On to the game. Wow was Baylor spectacular! They blitzed us right from the get go. They shot better, rebounded better, defended better and were more athletic. Do I think that Gonzaga was capable of playing better? Sure, but Baylor was the better team.

I think that Baylor was able to capitalize on the aspects of Gonzaga that I was not in love with over the year and tournament. The two biggest flaws that were displayed was WVU's ability to get offensive rebounds and how Oklahoma beat Timme in the pick and roll. You put those two together with Baylor's excellent 3 point shooting and it was what you got Monday night.

Overall I am very disappointed, I thought this team was going to win it all. I really wanted to see Mark Few get his first championship and I thought they could get it done last night. But don't expect them to go away, Gonzaga will be pre season top three next year!

Kispert did not play like a 1st team AA. He played more like a WCC 3rd team player last night. Timme got absolutely abused on defense all game. Suggs is incredibly good and will be a very good player at the next level. Nembhard looked intimidated the entire game. Ayayi was mostly a non-factor on the offensive side of the ball. Good Gonzaga team but Baylor exposed their weaknesses for 40 minutes straight. Gonzaga can be proud knowing they were they second best team this season.

Your Welcome.

I try my best.

As for the Zags, they picked the worst night to have a bad game. Baylor isn't 20 points better, they just were last night.

The team that showed up for the FF wasn't the same team

Last edited:
Your Welcome.

I try my best.

As for the Zags, they picked the worst night that have a bad game. Baylor isn't 20 points better, they just were last night.

The tream that showed up for the FF wasn't the same team
Agreed. I really wish these teams had played that regular season game. I think it would've made this game much better.

Some of the all time greats had to take tough losses or tough season endings like this before breaking through OP.

Gonzaga was a downhill team this year.

Problem is that they couldn't get downhill...

This is how they enforce their will plus how they score.

I thought they missed the toughness that was needed....
Timme and Kispert are great players but they didn't have someone they could throw in there who can handle themselves on the interior.

I said they needed a Draymond Green type player...

But Baylor has that in Mark Vital.
Vital established himself early.

Houston vs Baylor. Houston did that to Baylor.
3 offensive rebounds. Baylor responded.

Baylor vs Gonzaga...Baylor had 3-4 offensive rebounds.
Gonzaga didn't respond.

Gonzaga wasn't a complete team...
Baylor could match up with anyone but they also could respond...
That came from their players getting their asses kicked early.

Baylor tasted losing and learned how to win.
Gonzaga never tasted losing so didn't know how to respond

Kispert did not play like a 1st team AA. He played more like a WCC 3rd team player last night. Timme got absolutely abused on defense all game. Suggs is incredibly good and will be a very good player at the next level. Nembhard looked intimidated the entire game. Ayayi was mostly a non-factor on the offensive side of the ball. Good Gonzaga team but Baylor exposed their weaknesses for 40 minutes straight. Gonzaga can be proud knowing they were they second best team this season.

Last night? Kispert was dogshit the entire tournament.

That game definitely showed how Suggs is the only guy on Gonzaga who has any type of NBA future. The rest are all bums at the next level.

Timme has had this hanging over his head for awhile.

Tried to change it by working with Jermaine O'Neal
O'Neal's daughter actually plays volleyball at the University of Texas....So he is someone known around Austin.

But Timme has been called soft. But Timme is a smart guy and loves to win.
I expect Timme to do what is needed. Should come back to Dallas and hang out with O'Neal

Last night? Kispert was dogshit the entire tournament.

That game definitely showed how Suggs is the only guy on Gonzaga who has any type of NBA future. The rest are all bums at the next level.

I’ve seen tons of comparisons between Kispert and Joe Harris. Maybe Kispert will turn into that kind of player at the next level but he’s definitely not there yet.

Like I told someone before the game.

If you are a NBA Team and you want a player just for one year instead of 10 you will go with Mitchell....

Suggs will be drafted higher than Mitchell but doesn't mean he will be a better NBA player next year
Mitchell is the most NBA ready guard in college basketball.
Whoever gets him will get a player who can possibly start and play at a high level right out of the gate.

Reactions: shields
Zags were soft on D. UCLA hit 15-17 footers with ease and their 3’s. Zags struggled with 3’s vs Bruins. With Baylor’s in your face D the Zags looked scared to even pull the trigger and take a shot by game’s end.

Zags were soft on D. UCLA hit 15-17 footers with ease and their 3’s. Zags struggled with 3’s vs Bruins. With Baylor’s in your face D the Zags looked scared to even pull the trigger and take a shot by game’s end.

They were playing better in the second weekend, than in the FF

I was told they hit rough shots and there was no way it happened again....

Kenny Smith explained it perfectly at halftime of the Gonzaga/UCLA game...

Can't win a championship giving up easy points.

Don't care how elite your offense is. Especially in College Basketball. Teams will never be as efficient as they are in the NBA.

They were playing better in the second weekend, than in the FF

Gonzaga was actually lucky OU was without Harmon...

Harmon possibly could have made a difference and gave Gonzaga a true scare. Their scare happened way too late.

I am going to make a point...
Scott Drew was very smart to dodge Gonzaga.
He didn't want to give them time to respond. This game could have happened in December.

Great season for you guys and recruiting is looking really good. It’d be tough to count Few out on making another run at it in the next few years.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this board for how much fun it has been talking college basketball over the last year. I've been on rivals for 12 years and was ready to give up on it with the way the football board has gone. The basketball board has been a great place to talk and share my joy for this Gonzaga season.

On to the game. Wow was Baylor spectacular! They blitzed us right from the get go. They shot better, rebounded better, defended better and were more athletic. Do I think that Gonzaga was capable of playing better? Sure, but Baylor was the better team.

I think that Baylor was able to capitalize on the aspects of Gonzaga that I was not in love with over the year and tournament. The two biggest flaws that were displayed was WVU's ability to get offensive rebounds and how Oklahoma beat Timme in the pick and roll. You put those two together with Baylor's excellent 3 point shooting and it was what you got Monday night.

Overall I am very disappointed, I thought this team was going to win it all. I really wanted to see Mark Few get his first championship and I thought they could get it done last night. But don't expect them to go away, Gonzaga will be pre season top three next year!
I think UCLA deserves some of the credit for the Baylor win. The Zags looked a little zapped after the tough battle.

I think UCLA deserves some of the credit for the Baylor win. The Zags looked a little zapped after the tough battle.

UCLA gave them hell and should have won. Baylor had some nice film to look at after that one tho.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT